Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hirobo Quark question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hirobo Quark question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:07 PM
cz20
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo Quark question

Hello all. I have owned two hirobo xrb lamas,and they have flown very well. how much harder is it to fly the hirobo quark?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Druss

Default RE: Hirobo Quark question

The quark is surprisingly stable indoors, I would not suggest flying it outdoors unless it's completely calm though.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:38 AM
Henry Bowman
My Feedback: (2)

My understanding is that it is a GREAT heli....and very easy to fly.

contact this guy john at www.rchobbyhelicopter.com

He's a good guy, returns emails quickly and is more than willing to talk with folks on the phone.

Take care
and tell him Henry sent ya !
Old 07-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Quarky

I moved from the Blade CX2 to the Quark about 2 months ago. The transition was fairly easy and natural - it flies very well in the "out of box" mode. It's fast and has authority in all directions but noses up a bit in fast forward flight, so you have to be on the collective all the time. Control suffers in descent, but that's a characteristic of FP helis and is easy to compensate for once you've got some experience. Hovering is a breeze but very different and a bit more demanding than a counter-rotator at first. It's very rugged and mine has come out of some nasty crashes very well. The blades are super fragile (but very safe) so I recommend lamenating them w/ plastic packing tape.

I've just switched it over to the "expert" settings as per the manual and have only run about 3 packs thru in this mode. It's A LOT harder to control in a precise way w/ these settings, but that may just be that I haven't adapted yet. It's all over the place (not for indoors IMO in this mode) and I haven't seen or felt the advantage(s) yet, but more practice and time will tell.

I bought it both as a yard flyer and as a transition machine to a tail belted CP 400/500. All in all, a great heli. Be sure to read the RC Heli magazine review a few months back.

Quarky
Old 07-20-2008, 07:03 AM
selena1718

i have the quark,moved up from a blade cx ,absolutely love it,but it has to be calm outside.For me, i think its actually a bit easier to fly than the cx.