Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

What are some good micro/palm size rc helis?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

What are some good micro/palm size rc helis?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:12 PM
clamber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are some good micro/palm size rc helis?

Im looking into starting the rc heli hobby and I want a good micro indoor heli.

Who makes good palm size helis and what are they.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Henry Bowman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What are some good micro/palm size rc helis?

Welcome to the addiction !

Indoor helis are an interesting subject. Co-Ax heli's have two sets of rotors on top that counter rotate (spin in opposite directions) they are very stable and fun and easy to fly. On the other hand, they are not as responsive as small single rotator fixed pitch heli's. The small FP heli's are twitchy and somewhat difficult to learn on. Mid sized heli's or larger heli's (larger than palm size) are more stable and easier to learn on.

You should talk to John at www.rchobbyhelicopter.com he lives in Arizona in a location that is windy alot. He has great knowledge and wont steer you wrong.

I have purchased a few heli's from him. One FP that I'd recommend is the Walkera 4-3b. It is twitchy and although good out of the box requires some tweeking. On the other hand, I have heard and read that the Hirobo Quark is ROCK SOLID and fairly easy to fly. It carries a pretty price too...around $300...

You should definitely look into a decent simulator. I run Realflight G4. It's a good program, not cheap either but it has paid for itself in learning instead of crashing my real heli's.

Hope some of this info helps. Keep reading and doing research.

Take Care

Henry