Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

NooB here.please help me decide.Do I Want Honeybee king 2 or Gaui 200

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

NooB here.please help me decide.Do I Want Honeybee king 2 or Gaui 200

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
omastouris
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NooB here.please help me decide.Do I Want Honeybee king 2 or Gaui 200

hello,

i am looking to buy a smaller heli for my house. i want to go thru rooms ,so thru the doorways .they are less than 3feet wide.i do not like the tail-motor combo so i am looking for a belt driven tail.i want one that i can upgrade in the far future.
The ones i was looking at were the e-sky honeybee king 2, Gaui 200 , and the BELT CP from e-flight i think, i forgot the brand. but anyways i vetoed on the belt cp as it is bigger than the other ones. the gaui Is more expensive but is it THAT much Superior ??? can anyone give me there opinion before i make the wrong move ??. thanx

P.S. also what other collective-pitch helis are there as small as the Gaui 200 Size ??? would this be the only one in is class ??
Old 08-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Missileman

Default RE: NooB here.please help me decide.Do I Want Honeybee king 2 or Gaui 200

The Gaui 200 is more expensive but you have to consider it is all aluminum and carbon fibre.
I don't have one myself but I did drool all over one at my LHS.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:31 PM
noobflyer01

Default RE: NooB here.please help me decide.Do I Want Honeybee king 2 or Gaui 200

the king 2 is slightly larger than the gaui 200. it might be a little more difficult to fly the king2 in the house than it is for the gaui. I saw a video on youtube with nick maxwell as the pilot on the gaui 200. he was doing full hardcore 3d in his small 2 car garage. it was insane!. the gaui is also more than double the cost of the king2. plus its all metal head and tail with carbon frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urUaa38AlKQ

nick maxwell is insane!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:24 PM
omastouris

Wow, that video of the gaui 200 is really crazy man, i like the part where u just chillz on the ceiling.
i guess the gaui is what im looking for.is ther anything that is comprable to the gaui 200 ? also i noticed thy have differant versions of it. which one do i want? i need more opinions...........

i need the smallest heli that i can do stunts with.is the gaui really the only one ?
the size of he gaui is perfect.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:45 PM
noobflyer01

there's nothing like the gaui 200. its in a class all by itself. i would go with the belt version. but you can go with the shaft drive as well. i heard that the shaft drive version is more delicate than the belt. crashes with the shaft drive will probably be a little more money to repair i would imagine.

i too would love to own this tiny bird. just remember that it wont be easy to fly it since its so small and twitchy.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:58 PM
xodarap1

I have never flown the Gaui 200, but the Gaui 550's are a blast to fly.

I did find this heli: http://www.art-tech.cn/english/Artic...?ArticleID=248 but I have no idea of the price or performance compared to the Gaui 200. I do have the Art-Tech Shark 450 and it has held up well and still performs great with over 200 flights on it. It really depends on your skill level, where you want to go skill wise and your budget.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:13 PM
cactus hopper

What about the copterx 200?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:56 AM
redvtr1000

The gaui is sweet but if you are brand new to helis as the title of this thread suggested I would try to learn on something a bit bigger, if you go firing it up in your living room as your first cp heli you'll most likely be getting out the dustpan and broom in short order, probably be repairing the walls or tv as well!

I've been flying for a year and a half now and I'd be way leary about piloting one of those through doorways and around corners in the house!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:59 AM
omastouris

does anybody have a copterx 200 ? wuld like to know how it compares to the other heli's.it has 3 servos .it is also a collective pitch.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:02 AM
omastouris

i ill get a simulator as soon as i get the heli , if not before. i just dont want to go thru 3-4 heli's to get the right one. iknow they are super hard to fly but i think with sim training all is possble.So far the gaui 200 is winning.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 AM
noobflyer01

i would heed those warning from others about the difficulty of flying something this small. do you have any experience with flying helis? if not and the gaui 200 is your first then i can pretty much bet you'll crash within seconds of pluggin in your battery. some noobs have problems with flying even co-axials. this is a cp heli. Sims is not the real thing. just because you can fly in the sim does not mean you can fly for real. prepare to whip out your wallet alot and lots of time repairing it.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Druss

The choice is yours in terms of what you buy but I'm with the others.

First of all, why do you need a 3D heli if you're flying indoors? I can guarantee you won't be doing rolls, flips or inverted flight, much less hurricanes... etc., indoors.

A larger heli is going to be much more stable to learn on.

That said, the Gaui 200 is the nicest in it's class but I personally have no interest in one. I fly my co-axial in my house as my wife frowns on blade marks on the walls.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:36 PM
omastouris

Hello all,

Guys thank you all for your input , but i am getting a cp because i will be flying outside too , i just wanted one that was small enough for the house and that will keep me occupied during the cold winter months , thats all,
as far as i why do i need the 3d acrobatic stunt heli........well me personally i would rather get the one i want than something i dislike and will not use. i am up for the challenge of learning and i think that for me financially it would be stupid to purchase a coaxial heli and break that 50 times , rather than get the CP and break that 50 times .Either way i see it the heli WILL CRASH and i will spend money to fix either one ,so why get the coaxial again ????? doesnt make sense to me.

Thanx All, - G
Old 08-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Druss

First of all, co-axial crashes will cost you 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of a crash on a cp heli. Second, you can only fly the gaui 200 outside on REALLY calm days so to me it's an indoor heli only. Get a 10mph wind and you aren't flying that thing outside.

When I crash my esky lama v3 it costs me maybe $5 for blades and possibly the stabilizer bar (if I can't straighten it). On a CP heli of the same crash you are replacing blades, spindle shaft, maybe flybar, maybe main shaft.... etc. Usually CP crashes are around $20-$25 for a mild crash.

the other thing to keep in mind too is that the co-axial is MUCH easier to fly and therefore you won't crash as often.

So there really is no comparison between the two in crash costs.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Missileman

IMO a coaxial heli is better than a sim for learning to fly.
I do have a good sim but spent very little time on it. I bought a blade CX and was off to the races.
I have only replaced chipped blades on the CX, never broke anything else on it.
I went from the CX to a T-Rex and have never looked back.
Again IMO you can get the 200 and crash it 50 times or go with something much easier to fly and possibly never crash it at all. Besides you can pick up a CX on Ebay for under $100.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:04 PM
omastouris

o.k. on your input about the blade cx , but i have read that dont fly forward as good as the cp ones. what do u say about that ?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Missileman

They don't fly as fast forward as CP but all in all you do have to learn to hover before you can do any forward flight. They do fly forward ok, scary fast for indoors, and can be flown all over the house.
The CX can be hovered in a very small area. I used to sit and hover while watching TV, good practice for stick control and orientation for the more expensive CP helis.
I am absolutely certain the money I spent on the CX has saved me much more than what I would have spent in repair cost on my more expensive helis.
To top it off I sold it to someone at work for $100 when I was done with it.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 PM
hi2nr

i have a gaui with the spektrum dx6i complete RTF with extra blades and tail booms as well as other parts in case you do decide to crash. 520 shipped to your door LMK if your interested and ill give full details
Old 08-18-2008, 09:21 PM
noobflyer01

omastauris. the gaui 200 is for the advanced to expert pilot. are you either one of these? are you prepared to pay 520 bucks for a RTF gaui? and yeah those extra parts will come in handy. but i'm pretty sure you'll used them up before you even know it. get the gaui and then report back with your progress about a month then you'll know.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:37 PM
omastouris

Guys , thank you all for your input again. i think that after reading thousands of posts including our own ones, i came to the conclusion to get a Fixed pitch heli first.i guess if i cant hover than i dont really need the badboy GAUI anyways......

2 models have caught my eye. the e-sky honey beeIV , and the e-sky honeybee MK3. i need someone that has tried these out to tell me whats up with them . thank you all again for making me change my mind. i need to startout on the right foot or else i will hate it and not really bother with it. alsi the FP heli's are smaller for indoors.

is there a differance in Fixed pitch and coaxial heli's? sum have two same size rotor blades and some dont , im confused again..........................thanx again - G
Old 08-18-2008, 10:09 PM
noobflyer01

Honeybee FP is a good choice. there is a huge difference between the fixed pitch and a co-axial heli. the foremost difference is that the Fixed Pitch is a single rotor heli. its not collective. but its still a single rotor heli unlike the co-axial heli. the co-axial is stable because its got 2 sets of blades. two on top and two on bottom. its counter-rotating to cancel out the torque so it doesnt drift everywhere. and its because of this reason why it doesnt go forward flight so fast. but it teaches you cyclic response which is the very first thing you gotta nail down. the honey bee fixed pitch on the other hand is a single rotor heli. it can be very fast since its a single rotor heli. its biggest enemy is the wind. since its so light weight it get pushed around by the wind easily. but on a calm day there's nothing it cant do like the collective helis except 3d. you can fly it indoors but an empty garage is a perfect place to learn.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:47 AM
hi2nr

my gaui package comes with a honey bee FP and flight sim with computer linkages and controller/cd =D
Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 PM
omastouris

WoW,
So your giving away the gaui 200 , the honeybee FP, and the simulator for 520 ?? i wish i had that much to spare right now. i unfortunatly only have a hopped up hpi rs4 micro for trade or sale.i have it osted on the rcuniverse /cars and trucks/micro and mini's section.
i would love to take that honeybee fp off your hand.What type of different models does the honeybee FP come in, like is there a 2 or a 3 ? which is the newest one ?thanx
Old 08-19-2008, 06:10 PM
hi2nr

i think theres a v4 now but im not sure. i bought mine like a month ago from xheli so it should be one of the newest versions
Old 08-19-2008, 06:59 PM
noobflyer01

just curious why are you selling it hi2nr?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.