Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Too pretty to fly...

These are my 450's. A TRex V2 and a Belt CP. I like to design and build, always been that way since I was a kid. Both have many custom mods. Both have custom made lower frames. All the fins are laser cut G-10. I own a laser machine shop in Jamestown,CA. I did all the polishing and plating and most anodizing myself. Made molds for the canopies. They are fiberglass and I painted them as well. Both helis have Spectrum receivers and 401 Gyro's. TRex has JR servo's while the CP has Futaba's. Notice the frame covers I made for the TRex. I call them skirts. They hide the wiring well and have covers for the empty servo locations and they weigh 1 gram a set. Most say it looks like they belong there. Made the landing gear for both. They are lighter and much stronger than stock. Better looking than anything out there in my opinion. There are much more mods to both but it just gets boring to point out. Call them what you like.. Trailer queens or whatever. I get my satisfaction from building. Pics do not do justice at all.
    Thanks, RonO

These are a few detail pics..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Too pretty to fly...

[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(] WOW OMG I THINK IM IN LOVE LOL I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH BEAUTIFUL HELIES IN MY LIFE WOW how much you sell one to a guy in australia for DAMN ill pay anything LOL
    MATE YOU ARE A LEGEND

have yhou flown them yet ?

simmo
    Why do my parents always tell me i dont want another plane!!!!
    Fine with me ill just buy me a new heli
    LoL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just beautiful man! Great work

Do you fly them ever? Have you?

I am criticized for being a shelf-queen keeper myself from other r/c friends. The guy who spends more hours and more money and never has the fun. Some of us really do have more fun building, modding and painting. I do keep rashed canopies and bodies for flying, driving but, when you do bring a "queen" out for a flight or drive and it gets a rash... ruins my week! haha
    5 Helis, 6 planes, 7 cars.... and always looking for more! Its a disease (so, I tell my wife).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's great stuff man. I must admit that I probably spend more time building than flying myself... of course that may have to do with the fact that we can only fly half of the year where I am.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: justinep

just beautiful man! Great work

Do you fly them ever? Have you?

I am criticized for being a shelf-queen keeper myself from other r/c friends. The guy who spends more hours and more money and never has the fun. Some of us really do have more fun building, modding and painting. I do keep rashed canopies and bodies for flying, driving but, when you do bring a "queen" out for a flight or drive and it gets a rash... ruins my week! haha

Me and ridicule are old friends.... When I was a kid I had custom painted and totally polished bicycles that were never ridden but torn down and redone from time to time. My plate is always full with half finished projects at any time. To me craftsmanship is everything. These are minimum to medium efforts but they came out nice. Both have been crashed by yours truly a few times. The damage gets way too expensive and time consuming.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice LOL "minimum to medium efforts" WOW WEE then wats your best ? im looking at my stock blade 400 right now nearly in tears after what i have just seen LOL sad but true
    Why do my parents always tell me i dont want another plane!!!!
    Fine with me ill just buy me a new heli
    LoL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

very nice indeed! i've seen your posts on helifreak.com also. quite impressive. defintely too pretty to fly. i dont think i'll stop crying if one of these crash. what other birds do you own? you gotta fly something but these??!!
    Trex 550e FBL - Scorpion 4025-1100kv -18T , CC ICE100, CC bec pro, Mikado Mini-Vstabi , DS610 cyclic, DS650 on tail.

I want a machine shop for Christmas.............

Seriously, those helis are amazing. All you can really top that with, in my opinion, is if you machined your own heli from the ground up...
    If it ain\'\'t broke fix it til\'\' it is!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dude,They are beautiful, i mean really really nice.You have a good eye for detail.Great job man.......................[sm=shades_smile.gif]
    T-Rex 500 ESP T-Rex 450 PRO e-flite 120 SR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LaserShop,

Beautiful helis to say the least. I'm awe struck at the craftsmanship. Details are out of this world. Picture perfect.[sm=thumbup.gif]

Dave

I'm not a fan of the pointy nosed canopies at all but you've done a sweet paint job on them for sure... Nice clean heli's too.. def shows craftsmanship there thru-out the build...

you should try your hand at some scale jobbies too... I'm willing to bet you could do some pretty sweet heli's in that department... More of a challenge IMO than the stamped out pointy nose things...

happy fly'n
    Something had better fly
    Does throwing your heli count as flying??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm sorry.. I still can't call any heli pretty,

I can say its very well made.
    I can say its got a nice paint job
    I can say its a marvel of engineering...
    I can say it's shiny

but helicopters are just ugly.... fun to fly, yes... but ugly.

Unstable Boy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Simply amazing work there. Would you consider making and selling the tail boom fins?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: xyster101

Simply amazing work there. Would you consider making and selling the tail boom fins?

Biz had slowed down dramaticly. Sort of working on that request. ASAP.