Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Too pretty to fly...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Too pretty to fly...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Lasershop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too pretty to fly...

These are my 450's. A TRex V2 and a Belt CP. I like to design and build, always been that way since I was a kid. Both have many custom mods. Both have custom made lower frames. All the fins are laser cut G-10. I own a laser machine shop in Jamestown,CA. I did all the polishing and plating and most anodizing myself. Made molds for the canopies. They are fiberglass and I painted them as well. Both helis have Spectrum receivers and 401 Gyro's. TRex has JR servo's while the CP has Futaba's. Notice the frame covers I made for the TRex. I call them skirts. They hide the wiring well and have covers for the empty servo locations and they weigh 1 gram a set. Most say it looks like they belong there. Made the landing gear for both. They are lighter and much stronger than stock. Better looking than anything out there in my opinion. There are much more mods to both but it just gets boring to point out. Call them what you like.. Trailer queens or whatever. I get my satisfaction from building. Pics do not do justice at all.
Thanks, RonO

These are a few detail pics..

Old 11-26-2008, 09:20 PM
simmo8

Default RE: Too pretty to fly...

[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(] WOW OMG I THINK IM IN LOVE LOL I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH BEAUTIFUL HELIES IN MY LIFE WOW how much you sell one to a guy in australia for DAMN ill pay anything LOL
MATE YOU ARE A LEGEND

have yhou flown them yet ?

simmo
Old 11-26-2008, 09:20 PM
justinep

just beautiful man! Great work

Do you fly them ever? Have you?

I am criticized for being a shelf-queen keeper myself from other r/c friends. The guy who spends more hours and more money and never has the fun. Some of us really do have more fun building, modding and painting. I do keep rashed canopies and bodies for flying, driving but, when you do bring a "queen" out for a flight or drive and it gets a rash... ruins my week! haha
Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Druss

That's great stuff man. I must admit that I probably spend more time building than flying myself... of course that may have to do with the fact that we can only fly half of the year where I am.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Lasershop

ORIGINAL: justinep

just beautiful man! Great work

Do you fly them ever? Have you?

I am criticized for being a shelf-queen keeper myself from other r/c friends. The guy who spends more hours and more money and never has the fun. Some of us really do have more fun building, modding and painting. I do keep rashed canopies and bodies for flying, driving but, when you do bring a "queen" out for a flight or drive and it gets a rash... ruins my week! haha

Me and ridicule are old friends.... When I was a kid I had custom painted and totally polished bicycles that were never ridden but torn down and redone from time to time. My plate is always full with half finished projects at any time. To me craftsmanship is everything. These are minimum to medium efforts but they came out nice. Both have been crashed by yours truly a few times. The damage gets way too expensive and time consuming.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:25 AM
simmo8

nice LOL "minimum to medium efforts" WOW WEE then wats your best ? im looking at my stock blade 400 right now nearly in tears after what i have just seen LOL sad but true
Old 11-27-2008, 09:10 PM
noobflyer01

very nice indeed! i've seen your posts on helifreak.com also. quite impressive. defintely too pretty to fly. i dont think i'll stop crying if one of these crash. what other birds do you own? you gotta fly something but these??!!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

I want a machine shop for Christmas.............

Seriously, those helis are amazing. All you can really top that with, in my opinion, is if you machined your own heli from the ground up...
Old 11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
hollywood54

Dude,They are beautiful, i mean really really nice.You have a good eye for detail.Great job man.......................[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 11-30-2008, 04:51 PM
choppersrule

LaserShop,

Beautiful helis to say the least. I'm awe struck at the craftsmanship. Details are out of this world. Picture perfect.[sm=thumbup.gif]

Dave
Old 11-30-2008, 06:06 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

I'm not a fan of the pointy nosed canopies at all but you've done a sweet paint job on them for sure... Nice clean heli's too.. def shows craftsmanship there thru-out the build...

you should try your hand at some scale jobbies too... I'm willing to bet you could do some pretty sweet heli's in that department... More of a challenge IMO than the stamped out pointy nose things...

happy fly'n
Old 12-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Unstable

I'm sorry.. I still can't call any heli pretty,

I can say its very well made.
I can say its got a nice paint job
I can say its a marvel of engineering...
I can say it's shiny

but helicopters are just ugly.... fun to fly, yes... but ugly.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
xyster101

Simply amazing work there. Would you consider making and selling the tail boom fins?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Lasershop

ORIGINAL: xyster101

Simply amazing work there. Would you consider making and selling the tail boom fins?

Biz had slowed down dramaticly. Sort of working on that request. ASAP.