Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Copter X 500 build

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Copter X 500 build

Old 03-22-2009, 03:42 PM
ninja-rhyno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Copter X 500 build

well why ask about delivery when you've already found it somewhere else with free delivery just order from them[:@]
Old 04-03-2009, 03:39 AM
ninja-rhyno

hi soneebee
this is my maiden flight quality not good camera phone.
nearly lost it but just got it back lol.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSUMF-3VtSA[/youtube]
Old 04-15-2009, 05:57 AM
soneebee

Wow... that really looks nice.... how is your first maiden flight? the heli seems to be doing great. What lipos are you using? the power seems to be really good

ORIGINAL: ninja-rhyno

hi soneebee
this is my maiden flight quality not good camera phone.
nearly lost it but just got it back lol.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:02 AM
soneebee

I got a chance to fly the CX500 but the camera was low in battery so i only had a few seconds of flight taken. Ill try to get a better video on the weekend.

I got the canopy painted again. Change the green color to a more brighter design...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23kerVk9UWI[/youtube]
Old 04-15-2009, 07:27 AM
ninja-rhyno

ORIGINAL: soneebee

I got a chance to fly the CX500 but the camera was low in battery so i only had a few seconds of flight taken. Ill try to get a better video on the weekend.

I got the canopy painted again. Change the green color to a more brighter design...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23kerVk9UWI[/youtube]
very nice, wish i could fly like that lol
the batteries for the maiden were just 2x 3s 2200mah cheapos just for the test.
now i have 3 zippy 3300 mah from hobby city and they are great loads of power now the piro rate is mental but fun
lol i will try to get a film at full piro.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:36 AM
soneebee

thanks ninja rhyno... sorry for the short clip.. Ill try to get a longer one on my next flight...

Ah.. the zippy packs are great. I have used this lipos for some time now... did you get the zippy 6s? the 3300 are quite heavy. I used this packs before on my TREX 500.. but I used the 5S packs... it had good weight.. but it lacks the power compared with the 6S.

We are currently using the FLight max 30C from hobby city. It has good stable power. But so far I like the power of the Rhino. as these lipos have really good power. with the 30C you wont go wrong.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:21 AM
ninja-rhyno

yes i got the 6s and i had to modify the battery tray so that the battery fitted inbetween the frame
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
dude7422

HI GUYS If you look at batteries close it has zippy printed
on them rhino .flightmax are zippy just more rebranding
i have flightmax they match the blue servos well lol
Old 04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
soneebee

Yes dude.. the lipos are all zippy's.... the flightmax are somewhat the lower version or has lesser C rating over the Rhinos. So far I had good results with with rhino packs. The flightmax are kinda new. Not sure if it will last longer than the Rhinos. As for HC lipos. I had some good results with their packs. The Original blue ones the zippy packs did kinda well. although it only lasted around 35 cycles with me and the power started to drop the later lipos like the HXT kinda lasted longer. The Rhinos and FLightmax seems to share very good results. Ill just have to add more cycles on the packs to see how the performance will be...

so far I am happy with these zippy packs. just have to see if it will last a lot more cycles than expected.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
soneebee

wow that batteru is really bigger... it kinda heavy... does it not change the helis balance? its kinda looks nose heavy with that pack

yes i got the 6s and i had to modify the battery tray so that the battery fitted inbetween the frame
Old 04-15-2009, 05:09 PM
ninja-rhyno

all i did was to put the bec battery on the back lower plate and it balances perfectly
and it only weighs 533g
Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 PM
soneebee

What is the battery for the BEC for? are you using a separate battery for the RX/servo power?
The BEC you are using is the Medusa one, its the one I can see at the picture? That BEC can be powered
direct with the 6S lipo you are using.

all i did was to put the bec battery on the back lower plate and it balances perfectly
and it only weighs 533g
Old 04-16-2009, 04:04 AM
ninja-rhyno

ORIGINAL: soneebee

What is the battery for the BEC for? are you using a separate battery for the RX/servo power?
The BEC you are using is the Medusa one, its the one I can see at the picture? That BEC can be powered
direct with the 6S lipo you are using.

and it only weighs 533g
yes it is the medusa and i have a 2s 1800 mah for the servos, rx just like the trex 600 esp kit works well and balance perfect i get a good 10min with gentle flight with some power left over.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54605.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1181215  
Old 04-18-2009, 12:06 AM
soneebee

how is the scorpion ESC with the stock motor? the parts of your heli are topnotch.... Hows the helis performance.....
I have not tried using a separate lipo for the RX and servos... although its kinda nice to have one separate from the power system. Although its added weight the CX500 can hold a far heavier load. I remember when I tied my celphone at the skids and flew it high to take some short vids. Heli had no problem with the extra weight....

Hows the performance of the GY401 with the heli. I am having some problems with the 401 hold the heli at fast reverse flights.. The heli always wants to face forward... Although on my T500 it was holding far better... I guess I have to make some changes on my tail mechanics to get a better hold....
Old 04-18-2009, 03:07 AM
ninja-rhyno

the esc works great with stock settings, the stock copterx esc blew after the first flight. the 401 works great with the align ds 510
i'mnot that good a pilot to know how the tail holds whenworked hard but works for a novice[:-]
The extra weight seems to make the heli more stable more like the 600, i'm having that much fun with the copterx i fly it more than the rex 600 esp
Old 04-18-2009, 05:47 AM
soneebee

The only thing I like with the 500 size is the speed. Its kinda like a 450 but with stability. Compared to a 600 the 500 is faster. 600 feels a little heavy. although i like its stability and floaty. does not drop easy so you have more time to do tricks. But I am use to flying small heli which move fast and drops fast.. so flying the 600 kinda feels slow.

The 70A esc i got puffed white smoke after just 2 flights. Its kinda strange that it happened to you too. It might be that the stock ESC has some problem. Its not the motor, as the motor works well. kinda stronger than the stock 500L from align....

Old 05-16-2009, 09:53 PM
bignuts181

Hi guys well I maidened my copter x 500 last week and all I can say is WAW! very nice to fly, heaps of grunt and if you turn the battery tray upside down fits a 6S 3300 under the canopy without any dramas. Over all I am stoked with my heli, I bought mine in Australia from "The Hobby Man" as well as the Active Reactor 6S 3300mah Lipo.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:15 AM
soneebee

That is good to hear bignuts.. I had a good flight with my CX500 last wednesday when I had a chance to visit the field. Its a powerful heli. It flies nicely. good and stable.

I just had to make some adjustments on the cyclics and flybar paddles to get the heli move a little faster...

what servos did you use on the heli?

ORIGINAL: bignuts181

Hi guys well I maidened my copter x 500 last week and all I can say is WAW! very nice to fly, heaps of grunt and if you turn the battery tray upside down fits a 6S 3300 under the canopy without any dramas. Over all I am stoked with my heli, I bought mine in Australia from "The Hobby Man" as well as the Active Reactor 6S 3300mah Lipo.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:09 PM
snappa

What flight times are you getting?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
soneebee

I usually fly only 4 mins...using a 2850mah 25C lipo packs

L: snappa

What flight times are you getting?
[/quote]
Old 04-30-2010, 01:00 PM
OB1 Kenobi

Soneebee,

Where do you fly? If you allow an audience, I 'd very much like to see you fly the 500 sometime. The first and only time I ever saw 3D flying was in Clark last Feb. And I din't pay attention much because I haven't been bitten by the heli bug yet, plus we were setting up for our stunt kite show which was up next.

Ihave a Flasher 450 Pro now, which is holding up after many crash/rebuild cycles (during which time I get to crash/rebuild cycle my FP headed King2 and my proper King2 as well). Am looking at either the CX500 or the Flasher 500 ESP, although Icannot seem to find an online source for the latter.

Good winds,
OB1
Old 06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
soneebee

HI OB1,

on weekends I fly at Brit field at Molino bacoor cavite. On saturdays at the POLO field in Las Pinas.
I usually dont bring the 500 at the field as it takes time for me to charge up the packs so I usually bring
the 450 helis with me.

If you watched the balloon fest at clark. If Im not mistaken the heli flier that did the demo in 3D was
Serge. He was told to do some demo of the 450 V2.

if you live close by just pass by the club...

ORIGINAL: OB1 Kenobi

Soneebee,

Where do you fly? If you allow an audience, I 'd very much like to see you fly the 500 sometime. The first and only time I ever saw 3D flying was in Clark last Feb. And I din't pay attention much because I haven't been bitten by the heli bug yet, plus we were setting up for our stunt kite show which was up next.

I have a Flasher 450 Pro now, which is holding up after many crash/rebuild cycles (during which time I get to crash/rebuild cycle my FP headed King2 and my proper King2 as well). Am looking at either the CX500 or the Flasher 500 ESP, although I cannot seem to find an online source for the latter.

Good winds,
OB1
Old 06-04-2010, 05:28 PM
soneebee

My 500 with its new colors....

Old 06-08-2010, 03:19 AM
OB1 Kenobi

Soneebee,

Great looking TRIO!

I wanted follow your build with a CX500 also but settled for an HK500GT (enrollment season blues).  Reading your thread, I think the CX500 is finer in quality and attention to detail.  But that's just me.  In fact, I haven't flown mine yet because the ESC  and Lipos have yet to arrive.

I live in Bangkal Makati  so I think Las Pinas and Bacoor are within striking distance (although I have never been to POLO and BRIT fields).

What time is usually best to pass by your club?  PM'ed you.

Thanks!

OB1

Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 AM
soneebee

Oh.. Makati is close by. IF you wan you can pass by the PRO hobbies field near MOA. its were most of the guys are on saturdays. its best that you pass by morning before lunch as most of the fliers are there. One of the best local fliers is also there. JF. If you are to go there you can ask help from the guys there if I am not around. Try to look for JF and tell him that you are one of my friends so he can help you out with your heli setup....

the CX500 seems to be almost identical with your HK500 some difference in parts but in total you can use and interchange their parts.

ORIGINAL: OB1 Kenobi

Soneebee,

Great looking TRIO!

I wanted follow your build with a CX500 also but settled for an HK500GT (enrollment season blues). Reading your thread, I think the CX500 is finer in quality and attention to detail. But that's just me. In fact, I haven't flown mine yet because the ESC and Lipos have yet to arrive.

I live in Bangkal Makati so I think Las Pinas and Bacoor are within striking distance (although I have never been to POLO and BRIT fields).

What time is usually best to pass by your club? PM'ed you.

Thanks!

OB1