Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

T.T. Innovator MD530 just had 2nd flight wow !!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

T.T. Innovator MD530 just had 2nd flight wow !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 11:08 PM
phillipmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T.T. Innovator MD530 just had 2nd flight wow !!

My case is they incorrectly sent a demo Innovator, but if it works may consider holding on to it..the other later posts had some issues...

esmoglo
Curious you were told by the LHS not to fly, so sounds like indeed are having some cautions going on....be sure and keep us posted..

Meanwhile enjoying the stable SRB Quark...hi hi..BEST ..<>..
Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 AM
noobflyer01

that's unfortunate that this heli is having issues. that's expected since no other heli before has an auto self-calibration feature like this one. i hope they can resolve this quickly or this heli is dead before arrival.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:47 PM
phillipmorris

My Innovator shipment was delayed due to winter storms outwest, should arrive mid week instead of today...fingers crossed..

Winds finally died down this evening after dusk, flew by porch light barely missing the close line, still flying the amazing Quark..<>..

Best..<>..
Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 AM
esmoglo

I am currently waiting for a response from ACE Hobby's reference my Innovator that freaked out. Nothing as if yet. Sucks.

Angelo
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 AM
phillipmorris

Please keep us posted...my Innovator now is due to arrive today, as work will be awhile before I give it a try....

Note my advancement todate is from the Hirobo SRB Quark, again a stunning flyer, got the courage to pop open the Eflite Pro2 CP, heistant as had mixed luck with HBkings, but no problem with the Pro2, only 3 flights and hovering tho briefly about a minute max, inside garage as windy lately, abit of space but only bunnie hop then up to knee level it handles very well, much more going on then the Quark, loads of power here, amazing I've yet to smack it into a wall but trying to be careful, not using training gear, not advised as can go astray instantly without much warning, amazing fun, getting ready for the Innovator...BEST ..<>..
Old 04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
bullitt2661

INNOVATOR EXP WOW! been flying it fore 2 months and love the flying capabilities. it is my first real heli.
it has some quirks though like i got a bum charger that was gladly replaced by ACE HOBBY. starting it up can be a bit tricky, often i must shift the rudder gimble left and right a bit while all the way down, in order to get the beeping sequence needed to start the heli.
I also lowered the elevator and aileron exponentials down from 70% to 40% to acheive great control. hovering now is simple.
also wooden blades dont stand up to incidents as well as cf blades do. overall the heli sustains minimal damage cost wise with crashes.
it flys very aggressive and i love it. oh yea i can power through 20 mph wind with ease
the worst part is waiting 60 to 80 minutes for a battery to charge that will only fly for 7 minutes
i have 3 baterries and 2 chargers so that helps

good luck and please tell me about your innovator EXP i am new at this and would like to know more about understanding the software
so that i can tweek my heli more to my needs

thanks, bullitt
Old 09-16-2009, 03:25 PM
grap63

Hi everybody

Isn't the MD530 fantastic to look at?  Very glad to join the club!
Question: I was given the MD530 as a present but with a mode 1 transmitter. I'm used to Mode 2.
If I buy a Mode2 and go through the binding process and all that will I be OK?

I read somewhere that each transmitter sends a unique code to the heli which recognizes it. So my question is : is the MD530 set to recognize only the transmitter that was in the box or will it accept a new (mode 2) transmitter trying to bind to it?

Many thanks for any answer!
Old 09-16-2009, 03:29 PM
esmoglo

Ella I hope you have luck with that heli. They have had so many problems here and during the Europe release I sold mine off it was not worth the trouble.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:56 PM
grap63

thanks for the quick reply esmoglo.

Well I hope I have luck because it ain't cheap! :-)

their manual is certainly not easy to follow and the s/w for a novice not that clear... I mean I worked myself on changing the Tx from an M1 to an M2 swapping the controllers and then the associated connectors but ziltch.. I have somehow lost control of the motor. The funny thing is that when I hook u me Tx to the flight simulator everything is OK. But when I start the heli the motor does not respond to any of the 4 channels.

SO I look into the MD530 s/w to see where I can ell it which channel is which.. and there is a SETTINGS tab but I couldn't find where to do what I wanted. so from that respect my experience hasn't been so good. And to think that I haven't flown the thing yet...

It is as if TT does not allow one to change the Tx from M1 to M2 and there is some trick there that I am not getting.

so now in desperation I am considering buying a Mode 2 to be able to get going.

I have also searched quite a few forums for answers to this question but there is not much.

I'm still hoping someone might come up with a good idea :-)

Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Where's the pix? Watched the vid, praying for a BNF version. Spaztic1, please post the pix link.
RBGary
Old 02-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

After 10 years the battery was zilch!

First hook up and track.
Sorry Guys, I'm always bit behind! Only 9 years since the last post but never mind. Just got a brand new "MD-530", anyone is still flying it???
Old 03-04-2019, 12:09 AM
Joseph Frost

After some tuning up, now in fully manual mode.

Even took it to the beach.

Ready to dress it up.
After lot of fiddle I got my little piddle going and ready to put the plastic coat over it.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:02 AM
Joseph Frost

And getting most of it.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:10 AM
Joseph Frost

My MD is getting plenty of flying action, actually working overtime, flying it daily since completion, so far all good.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:12 AM
Joseph Frost

Couple of videos, the last one of today's flight.
(MD on Easter Sat.)
(MD530 at Nth/H.)