Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

education video on spektrum vs futaba radio system (brownouts/ voltage test)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

education video on spektrum vs futaba radio system (brownouts/ voltage test)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:10 AM
noobflyer01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default education video on spektrum vs futaba radio system (brownouts/ voltage test)

found this video at helifreak.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwnM9pBH9QM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehelifr eak%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D162032&feature= player_embedded[/youtube]
Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 AM
noobflyer01

Default RE: education video on spektrum vs futaba radio system (brownouts/ voltage test)

not sure why the embedded video doesnt work but here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwnM9...layer_embedded
Old 09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
ftmarino

Default RE: education video on spektrum vs futaba radio system (brownouts/ voltage test)

I'm really glad that someone did this side by side test, it's very informative. I guess if you happen to be a label or name brand kind of guy then you will always go to the brand your comfortable with. When I hear guys at the field argue about their brands I just shut up because to me it's like picking fly poop out of the pepper. Truth is that all brands seem to have their advantages and disadvantages, as demonstrated in this video. And it's obvious that all the big brands are eyeballing each others pricing.

Spektrum, Futaba, JR, Airtronics, who cares? If it suits your needs and works well then go with it. Nike, New Balance, Converse, they're all real good shoes. Aren't they?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:50 AM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

That is a nice video comparing the low voltage effects of the 2 systems, and the fact that the Spektrum does recover ever so slightly faster than the Futaba. No Ford vs Chevy there, lol.
I would say that the most likely deciding factor for those looking for a new radio system would have to be things like comparing features and prices of the different systems.
I got a DX7 cause I liked the screen display better, and the fact that the Rx's are cheaper if you own several helis to equip.