Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

best online place for helis

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

best online place for helis

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Banana Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best online place for helis

i'm not looking for parts right now, but i need to find a good place to buy a heli online. probably a walkera lama 2-1 for now, but others later. i want a reliable place with a good combination of price+shipping. i've heard of ehirobo as being untrustworthy and shipping way too much, hobby-usa looks good but super expensive shipping as well. any other good places?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Disney1

Default RE: best online place for helis

Take a look at USHobby Supplythis is a link to their heli list and they have parts to fix what we break.
Great shipping time and excellent customer service.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: Disney1

Take a look at US Hobby Supply this is a link to their heli list and they have parts to fix what we break.
Great shipping time and excellent customer service.
Like Disney, I buy a lot of stuff from US Hobby Supply (for all the same reasons). Plus you can usually find him on the forum.

Other places people have liked (I've never purchased from them, so I can make a statement):
Horizon Hobby
Heliproz
Hobby Hut
Old 09-29-2009, 03:02 PM
USHobbySupply

I wish I could contribute more on the forum, but you guys are too fast for me
Old 09-29-2009, 03:32 PM
King2Nut

I am another one that buys a majority of his Heli needs from US Hobby Supply.
Can't say enough good about the company or the service A++++++ all the way.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
J-MICHAEL

i'm not looking for parts right now, but i need to find a good place to buy a heli online. probably a walkera lama 2-1 for now, but others later. i want a reliable place with a good combination of price+shipping. i've heard of ehirobo as being untrustworthy and shipping way too much, hobby-usa looks good but super expensive shipping as well. any other good places?

Tally another one for Michael at USHobbySupply.... [8D] Not only do you get superb customer service, but you'll find him all over the place trying to help as many as he can on these forums. I've never heard one complaint EVER since I've been on these forums about him. And I can guarantee, you never will ! [8D]

~ Jeff
Old 10-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Stormovic
My Feedback: (29)

Xheli as far as I am concerned. Great prices and super service.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Navy_1

Every thing from the Mighty M ( US Hobby Supply ) Xheli is hit of miss they have gotten better though.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
karlik

I got burned by xheli, ignored by cust service, and all 3 of my requests for help at their web site/forum were deleted. Don't trust me, do a search of these forums. Buy from them at your own risk.

On the other hand, US Hobby is first rate, answers questions and takes care of his customers.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Banana Jack

..... i need to find a good place to buy a heli online. probably a walkera lama 2-1 for now, but others later.........

When you are ready to graduate to bigger helis, look for Heliproz.com and Ronlund.com I can place an order on Sunday night / monday morning and the package will be at my house either wednesday or thrusday, with enough time to rebuild and fly that weekend. And free shipping in orders over $100.

Rafael
Old 10-13-2009, 05:52 PM
gnd2

I've been using helihobby and helidirect for online. Always been reliable and fast, especially since they're close to me so basic shipping only takes a day, two at the most
Old 10-17-2009, 07:22 AM
dude7422

readyheli is a good guy fast and candy
http://www.readyheli.com/ShoppingCar...Code=KX850140A
Old 10-17-2009, 07:36 AM
King2Nut

I looked at all the posts here, seems US Hobby Supply has the majority of reccommendations.
Because of that I ordered from them.
The order shipped the next morning, and arrived two days later.
Fast to ship and fast to arrive.
US Hobby Supply has my business.

EDIT: I was just on the USHobby Supply site and saw that he has Belt CPv1's on sale, clearance I guess, for $119.
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=332
For that price I cannot resist, now to explain to my wife why I need 2 Belt CP's.

Roy

Old 10-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Navy_1

Yep mike is makeing Room you cant beat it. and with a DX61 or a DX7 TX/RX its teh best. do what i did the Wife flies teh F-40 and i fly the belt and soo i will have to give her a belt and i will somthing bigger
Old 11-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Banana Jack

All this has helped a lot, believe me. But I can't resist...even with $40 shipping, hobby-usa has the lama-2 and 4#3b together for 120. can i trust this site?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Disney1

Pop a link on the thread, can only find hobbttown usa. Is this the same company??
Old 11-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Banana Jack

nope not at all.
http://www.hobby-usa.com/
selling metal head versions of the lama 2-1 and 4#b together for $120. I want it soooooo bad. someone please tell me if i can trust this site.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:15 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just checked out the site you are interested in. They are out of Hong Kong so expect a long wait for any of your packages to arrive. (2 - 3 weeks is normal) You recieved some excellent advice from more than one RCU forum member. US Hobby Supply is simply the best when it comes to shipping, customer service and reliability. Spend your money where you will but with Michael you are never left wondering if he ever shipped anything to you. I live all the way across the US from him and have ordered from him about 5 times........... each time the package was on my doorstep within 3 business days. No fuss........no worrys.
Money well spent and trust and confidence in what you recieve. Save yourself the aggravation of waiting and wondering.......... go with the man guys have been dealing with confidently.

Its only advice but I think your choice of going with an unknown is something you may come to regret. These forum members are all here to help and have experience dealing with online vendors.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 11-19-2009, 04:31 AM
Disney1

I do belive you have a Walkera heli. Unfortunatly US Hobby Supplydose not carry the Walkera Lama 2 parts you want.
I have not heard of the site you linked.
Have you tried Heli Direct for the parts you want? http://www.helidirect.com/index.php

Old 11-19-2009, 02:44 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point Disney1,
The walkera part never registered with me. Sorry for the confusion.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Disney1

No confusion caused, I live in the state of confusion.

US Hobby Supply dose have a good selection of Esky parts and upgrades. Walkera parts and upgradesare limited to the Walkera 4
and also has a good selection of parts and upgrades fot the Exceed Falcon 40
Old 11-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Banana Jack

disney got there before me. believe me, i checked the website of every heli site i've heard of. not very many have the lama 2 in stock. (oh, and i'm 16 and $600 in debt for my car. so i'm on a pretty tight budget right now. if i had the money, i'd buy from us hobby supply or somewhere)
this is what i ended up with:
100 wowhobbies.com (metal head version) (+16 for shipping)
103 allerc.com (metal head) (+0)
80 hobby-usa.com (metal head)(+31)
120 hobby-usa.com (metal head on both)(+43) 4#3b INCLUDED
and one other...rtfhelicopters or something like that...but it was 116 even before shipping so i took it off my list.
so the cheapest i could find was 103 shipped for a lama 2. i figured once i decide to upgrade, i'll want a 4#3b. And it's gonna be at least as much as a lama 2. so getting the 4#3b now for only an extra $60 seemed like an awesome deal.

SOMEONE has to have used hobby-usa.com before.
input...someone? please?
Old 12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Vincent iris

ORIGINAL: Banana Jack

Check startheli.com, shipping fee is great, but they not carry the walkera lama. Good luck
Old 01-01-2010, 04:50 PM
bcr1953chevy

Does US Hobby Supply carry the E-Flite Blade MSR? I went to their web site, used search but could not find this copter in RTF of BNF.

Does anyone have experience with KA Planes and Copters out of Florida?  www.ka-planes.com  I've heard some good things about them but I don't have any buying experience with them.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Disney1

Unfortunaty they do not.
Horizon Hobby the USAexclusive importer for E-Flite, Hitech, Spektrum, JR and others has very high minimum order limits to be able to purchase at a discount.
That is why most online retailers do not carry those products unless they are a very large shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.