Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Need QUICK answer.

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Need QUICK answer.

Old 07-02-2003, 09:01 PM
MartialArtist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need QUICK answer.

I was wondering if this is better than the Dragon fly heli?

Aero Hawk

MORE PICS HERE

Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Helinoob

Default Thats what i wanna know too

Hey thats exactly what i wanna know!!
Noone could help me...yet
Hope that it´ll change soon...

Can someone tell me if its possible to fly loopings with such an heli??

Bye
Old 07-02-2003, 10:16 PM
MartialArtist

I hope someone will answer soon that knows a lot. I'm about to spend quite a few bucks to play with RC Heli again and I LOVE this micro stuff!

I'm waiting for someone to answer my question about the charger too. HOw fast does the charger charges that comes with the kit..
Old 07-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Helinoob

Default charger

I´ve heard something about 1hour to charge the batteries...
But don´t know if it´s true!!! Cause i asked a trader where i wanna buy this helicopter!!!!
Maybe he is a ***** and he is lying...cause he wanna sale this thing...
don´t know!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 10:25 PM
MartialArtist

Default Re: charger

Originally posted by Helinoob
I´ve heard something about 1hour to charge the batteries...
But don´t know if it´s true!!! Cause i asked a trader where i wanna buy this helicopter!!!!
Maybe he is a ***** and he is lying...cause he wanna sale this thing...
don´t know!!!!
LOL!!! I hate sales people that just wants to make a quick buck then lose the customer after. Why do they DO THAT kind of CRAP? Who knows, 1 hour is still too long for me, I'm going to be buying like 8 battery packs and want to use a 15 minute charger. I want to get this Aero Hawk Heli, but want to know if it's worth it.

I have a buddy that does these custom machined parts. I'm going to ask him to remake all the parts for me with this super strong, but VERY light metal he showed me once. I'll have an all metal heli. Is that a good idea you think??
Old 07-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Helinoob

Default ?!?!?

I don´t know...sounds kinda good....
but i really don´t have any clue?!?
I wanna buy me this aerohawk caus eit´s cheap and the first flying thinngie ever in my life...i just wanna try it....and thaaaaan...maybe in 1 or 2 years i´m going to buy me a bigger...faster one :-)
Old 07-02-2003, 10:35 PM
MartialArtist

I'm the same as you, I just want something simple to play with in my office and my spare time. I have my own company, so I don't have too much time on my hand. lol! But I do want to get this Heli, but I want to make sure it's pretty good and I can get some upgrades for it..

I wonder if THESE PARTS HERE will work with the Aero Hawk..
Old 07-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Helinoob

Default EXACTLY!!!!!!

THAT IS JUST WHAT I WANNA KNOW!!!!!!!

I tried to get some answeres in those german forums...but noone helped me.....
I want to get a review or something of this helicopter!!!!

I think that those parts woul fit to it...cause its relatet to the humming bird...

If your super strong, but VERY light metal would work you have to tell me...cause than this helicopter is crash resistand :-)

C´mooon guys...help us out...plz
Old 07-02-2003, 10:44 PM
MartialArtist

Default Re: EXACTLY!!!!!!

Originally posted by Helinoob
THAT IS JUST WHAT I WANNA KNOW!!!!!!!

I tried to get some answeres in those german forums...but noone helped me.....
I want to get a review or something of this helicopter!!!!

I think that those parts woul fit to it...cause its relatet to the humming bird...

If your super strong, but VERY light metal would work you have to tell me...cause than this helicopter is crash resistand :-)

C´mooon guys...help us out...plz
So basically the Aero Hawk/Hummingbird and others are just basically a COPY CLONE of each other? No difference in buying a certain one? I only know that the Aero Hawk Just came out in June? and is NEW and IMPROVED. That's what got my attention..
Old 07-02-2003, 11:01 PM
Helinoob

Default Need help

i think that we both just need some good advices from some pros!!!!
I really don´t know...i just read the hole day....a lot of forums and a lot of technical stuff.... i am tired right now...its really really late here in germany...i´m going into my bed right now...
I hope that someone help us two...

Bye....and have a nice day
Old 07-02-2003, 11:03 PM
kenru

People...
There is a LOT of information already out there (on this board (and others)). Use the "SEARCH" button and have a look.

SmarTech's heli's are pretty much a direct copy of a Piccolo FP. The Dragonfly/Hummingbird (same thing) is an adaptation of the Piccolo. Parts availability is better for the Dragonfly/Hummingbird. At least in the US. I'm sure they all fly fairly similarly. You WILL need replacement parts. I would base my purchase that... But that's just me.

FWIW, I have a Dragonfly with lots of upgrades and it is a ton of fun. (And, frankly, I lucked into the right decission... bought it off of eBay on an impulse.)
Old 07-02-2003, 11:18 PM
MartialArtist

Are you using a new and better motor/s? What's the charging time?

So you think I should get a Dragonfly like you?
Old 07-03-2003, 04:56 AM
kenru

I think you should get the helicopter that you think will fit your needs best, based on all of the information you dig up in your research. The Feda Dragonfly happens to work well for me.

I have upgraded my heli with a Graupner Speed 300 6V motor and a 9-tooth pinion turning Hornet CF FP blades with a head stiffener. I have separate ESC's controlling the motors and a PG-03 gyro (although I ran a CSM HLG-200 gyro for a while). A pair eTech Li-Poly 1200 mAh batteries power it all. I also made the shaft collar mod as shown here: http://www.helihobby.com/html/hummin...washplate.html. It's a sweet little flier and I having lots of fun with it.

Good luck.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:18 AM
MartialArtist

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all the input, I've made up my decision and will be getting the Hummingbird with all the nice hop ups. LINK

I'm going to explore other options for motors, but do you think this is a good one? High powered motor

Thanks Kenru!
Old 07-03-2003, 05:27 AM
tocano

Default GWS-PS03

Kenru,

Can you tell me if GWS-PS03 does the same thing with the Century piezo gyro in term of capability?
I am ordering Dragonfly with piezo gyro and I can change it if GWS-PS03 is better but has to be today.

Thank you.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:48 AM
asquires

Default I have SkyLark not AeroHawk

Hi all,

I purchased the SkyLark from Ebay, its a great Helicopter, I have bashed mine about a lot and it takes a real beating. Spare parts are hard to find, but I got parts from Netherlands, real cheap.
I have used CA glue extensively on Skids and one rotor blade and works great.

Battery sucks, takes about 2-3 hours to charge, and get 5-10 min. flying. I have heard from these forums that I can upgrade to a Li Poly battery, which is lighter, and get 30 Min flying time and about 30 Min. charge.

I have never flown helis before I am a plane fan, but WOW!! this one is awesome. It really takes a lot of practice to fly.

Helis are generally unstable flying wise and you have to keep on the controls at all times to keep it flying. I have had my SkyLark just under a month and today for the first time was actually able to get it to hover and fly at about 6' from the ground for a phew seconds then I had to land, due to loss of bearings.

I don'y know about the other Micros, but I love mine, the only thing i will do is change battery.

I am having a slight problem with tail motor going berserk every once in a while, not sure if its sign of battery going dead, but if anyone can help here would be great.

I do know that after 2 to 3 hours of charge, and I go fly about a couple of minutes in flying, tail rotor accelerates and then decelerates me and goes a little wacky.

I think my battery might not be holding charge or something, don'y know. Hopefully someone will have answer.

Anyway all in all I love it and I hope this helps the rest of the future Micro RC Helipilots make a decision in their purchases.

have fun
Anthony
Old 07-03-2003, 05:49 AM
MartialArtist

I have no clue what the difference is, but mine is coming with a piezo gyro. I'm going to be "RELEARNING" almost all the stuff since I've messed with a friend Heli once. If you can give me a little more info on what exactly a gyro does, I'd appreciate it..
Old 12-11-2003, 01:59 AM
gordongoly

Default RE: Need QUICK answer.

1 The first modification you need is a other baterrie use the E-Techs Lithium Batterie 1200mAH 3 cells
2 you need a good motor use the Modified Orion Elite Motor
When you have these items your heli fly like a rocket!!
Old 01-03-2004, 06:17 PM
cornwellsb

Default RE: Need QUICK answer.

If you add the E-Tech Lithium Batteris and the Orion Elite Motor, (for the Feda DragonFly), Do you have to adjust the gear ratio, change the controller board chips, or anything like that, or is it as simple as replacing the motor and popping on the new battery??

I've seen a few 7.4v LI-POLY batteries that are up to 8000 mAH (2, 3 and 4 cell configurations) - can you use these just as easily if the weight isn't too much? Since my Ni-MH battery is 8.4v, I wasn't sure what this would do to the controller board.

http://www.aeromicro.com/Catalog/bat...2_products.htm

Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

cornwell