Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Trex Clones

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trex Clones

I currently have a copter X 450 CX V2 and have yet to fly it. The conscruction looks to be pretty good when compared to my esky king. My question is, I've seen that there is a huge number of clones out now. EXI, Copterx, HK etc. etc. all building V3 with both belt and torque tube. Does anyone have any experience with more than just one of these? I was thinking of getting a copter x V3 pro with torque tube and moving the v2 into my airwolf body. Feed back is appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Trex Clones

i have the exi500 and a hk450 they both look identical except for the size. they both have belts not torque tube, but i heard the belt will probably be more fogiving and not strip gears in the tail.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have had HBK2, EXI, CopterX and Tarot.

EXI450 Standard with Alum Head and tail - Bearings went bad pretty fast but other than that it was pretty good and parts are cheap.
    Copter X AE450- Overall good quality - no real issues other than the main hub bent during some hard maneuvers. I replaced it with an old one form the EXI.
    Tarot 450Pro - Bearing in Swash has enormous amounts of play, Tail Pitch slider bushing too large causing play, main gear assy was so out of round it wasn't usable, one way beating shaft was cracked and inserted into the tail drive gear in manor that destroyed the the gear, a bearing in one tail blade grips was bad from the get go, main rotor hub was bent from the get go, bearing on one side of the flybar cage went bad with about 10 flights, and finally the item that made me realize the Tarot is not the best quality; the main shaft broke in half in FFF. Yes, it broke in half - rotor went one way and the rest of the heli went the other. It's pretty much a pile of parts at this point.

If I was to get another clone it would be the CX and if I rebuild the Pro, I will most likely buy a CX Pro kit to get in the air again. Before I do that though, I plan to save some money to either get a 500ESP or JR550E. I am done with clones.
    There is an art to flying an RC Helicopter. The art lies in learning how to throw it at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A couple of points:

1) The 450 Pro frame is much narrower then the V2 or the Sport, so you might have trouble fitting your electronics.

2) Torque Tube is more likely to get damaged in a minor crash, than is a belt tail.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Beachcomber

A couple of points:

1) The 450 Pro frame is much narrower then the V2 or the Sport, so you might have trouble fitting your electronics.

2) Torque Tube is more likely to get damaged in a minor crash, than is a belt tail.
    Also, looking at the pics of he Copter x pro (v3) and the EXI Pro a lot of the parts look different than that in the Trex 450 Pro and you may have issues when replacing parts if they are not EXI or Copter X parts (most notably in the tail case).
    There is an art to flying an RC Helicopter. The art lies in learning how to throw it at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the CX variants from the V1 up to the PRO and PRO TT. these helis does have their advatages and issues. The PRO V3 with BELT does seems to be forgiving but I found the TT version to be more smooth. In comparison with the T450PRO. parts wise they are interchangeable. Shafts, frames and other small parts. But for the belt version you can use the old V2 belt and tail shafts as they interchangeable. of use the Sport parts like the belt and tail shaft.