RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/)
-   -   how do you know if ur tail motor burned out (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/1065768-how-do-you-know-if-ur-tail-motor-burned-out.html)

ziomatrixacs 08-18-2003 12:41 PM

how do you know if ur tail motor burned out

i have a humming bird and it keeps spining tryd everything but new tail motor /gyro so is it possible afte a crash th tail or gyro blew up cuz this thing just spins clockwise and i know the gyro works cuz it responds to me jerking the heli so now its to the tail recently i noticed about half a tooth on a pinion was broken off but other then that i doent see anything else bad i did have to resoldier it back on... a friend was trying it and i left the room then i heard him say help! and he said the motor just poped off probably the cause of the broken tooth

Dodgey99 08-18-2003 04:48 PM

hmm, you sound a bit flustered mate! :-)

If your tail respond to jerks (i.e. the tail spins in one direction when you jerk the tail( then you can assume your tail motor is fine and your Gyro is fine.

Tail motors do sometimes die gradually. Mine did. I was flying and it went a bit erratic, then ok for a pack, then it died.

Your motor popped off because the mounting screws have been loosened by many crashes. Very common.

ziomatrixacs 08-18-2003 05:10 PM

well im not that mad now after haveing my hb since it came out and started this my anger died out over time cuz now im playing with the big birdys ..okok maybe 30 size helis isnt the biggest but still...any way i went through every idea yet but no results that dont cost me $$ lol but when i 'rev' up my hb the tail spins first then the mains start up if that helps or could it be that my main motor blew ? also about the tail motor comeing of i red thread locked them in (after) that incodent so that wont happen again

Dodgey99 08-18-2003 05:38 PM

if your tail is spinning up first make sure:

a) you don't have revo mixing enabled on the tx
b) you don't have any rudder trim set on the tx

the tail motor will only spin the heli if

a) you have the gyro the wrong way round
b) the main motor is on the way out and you are using a piccoboard/hummingbird board etc with built in mixing. With a head holding gyro and separates the tail would never spin wildly. With a mixer board and duff main motor it would as the mixer would be assuming the main rotor was at a certain speed when it was not.

Simbo 08-18-2003 10:46 PM

Here's what i have had happen to my HB with rudder problems

All problems where that the heli wanted to spin CCW tail in and i had to keep increaseing the rudder trim to a point it was maxed out.

1) was the tail motor was just going bad, then died one nite replacement fixed it.

2) main motor had one screw lose, but was not jumping teeth, tighten main motor fixed, ya weird one.

3) Had a bad servo for left right, must have been binding causeing some thing weird going on with tail, don't ask i have know clue,

4) lose wire on speed mixer from RX resoldier, fixed.

I am all new to this, but i hope this helps

FLYBOY 08-19-2003 07:28 PM

Geez Zio, those have to be some of the longest run on sentances I have seen! :)

astronut30 08-19-2003 10:42 PM

haha, yea, and if you look at it close, it's a continuation of another sentence and it still didnt end yet. :D

I'm just having fun, my english is worst of them all.