RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/)
-   -   Zhen Hua Radio and FMS really works!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/1484260-zhen-hua-radio-fms-really-works.html)

Rayan 01-31-2004 04:03 AM

Zhen Hua Radio and FMS really works!!!

:DI have great news!!!

I finally discovered how to use FMS with the Zhen Hua Radio!!! [sm=thumbup.gif]

I only installed PPJoy software (http://www.geocities.com/deonvdw/PPJoy.htm) and configured the Virtual Joystick1 using serial port COM1 and selected under serial protocol "Zhen Hua 5 byte Protocol". Note: Do Not Close PPJoy, just minimize it.

Then start FMS and configure the control as follows:

Under Control menu choose Analog Control.

Then select Joystick Interface fron the list.
http://www.sonyericssonfans.com/imma/Rayan/control.jpg

Now select Mapping/Calibration and use the following for Mode2 Radios:
http://www.sonyericssonfans.com/imma/Rayan/config.jpg

Calibrate the controls...

And your'e ready to simulate!!!
Enjoy!
;)

MTDV 02-04-2004 08:58 AM

RE: Zhen Hua Radio and FMS really works!!!

Rayan,

Have you tried this under winXP? I tried and I could not make it to work under winXP. Please help if you had tried. Thanks.

MTDV

Rayan 02-04-2004 09:53 PM

Actually this procedure was performed on my Windows XP machine! (see screenshots).

Did you left the PPJoy software open? You must leave it running in the background in order to work...

Let me know...
Regards,
Rayan

Haaaans 04-01-2004 01:34 PM

It totally worked for me THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barracuda001 04-16-2004 11:58 PM

I have a Zhen Hua PCM-4ch Tx and have tried all of the above with no joy at all. Seems that PPjoy is detecting the COM port. However when I attempt to callibrate no signal is going through. Might be the cable, however are there any other tricks I am missing ?

jbalat 04-17-2004 01:47 AM

I do not have a cable supplied with the zen shua. Do you know the wiring diagram for this ?

Barracuda001 04-17-2004 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately I don't have the wiring diagram...Not that I would know what it meant if I did since I am a total noob at this. The cable came with the Dragonfly package. For what it worth here is an image of the cable.

Barracuda001 04-25-2004 03:45 AM

Found the answer to my troubles. I needed to configure the COM Port under port settings Windows XP to :

Bits per second 19200
Data Bits 8
Parity None
Stop Bits 1
Flow Control = Hardware (most important I think)

Under the "advanced" tab I turned OFF "Use FIF buffers (Requires 16550 compatible UART)

And now it works.

justin_92_92 04-25-2004 09:17 AM

anyone know where we can get thaT cord? I want one too as mine didnt come with one. Or use yours and give it to me...lol ill trade a few dd tail motors. lol

thermos 05-18-2004 11:35 PM

Hi Rayan,
Are you using Windows XP? Do you know if PPJoy will work with Win Me?
Thanks,
Ian

Rayan 05-19-2004 08:46 PM

Hi!

Yes, I'm using XP Pro right now. Unfortunatley I'm not sure if it will work under ME, but it won't hurt to try... Let us know!

Best regards!

JZGOON 05-19-2004 09:11 PM

why dont you guys just use a usb cable? there are tons of them out there for all different radion, i have 1 for jr , hitec, and jutaba, i even heard of one for ko-propo
it would solve all your winxp problems!!!

Rayan 05-20-2004 12:06 PM

The problem is not just the cable, the Shen-Hua radio uses a different pulse standard, that's the main reason of using the described software procedure above. ;)

Regards,
Rayan

thermos 05-21-2004 08:37 PM

Hi Rayan,
PPJoy sees a serial signal (beeps with box checked) but the calibration in FMS does not seem to see anything. Any thoughts. Should I have batteries in? Radio on? crystal in? Red button in?
Thanks again,
Ian

jbalat 05-31-2004 06:43 PM

Can someone PLEASE !!! use a multimeter to find out which wires on the Svideo/ps2? connector are connected thru to the serial connector.

This way I can try making my own cable ?

The serial connector has small numbers on it which you can reference...

yukonho 06-02-2004 12:48 AM

OK
How do I attach an image here?
I get a warning box that pops up when I try to configure the joystick.
It says " No IRQ assigned to port LPT1. Please assign an IRQ to this port before adding this joystick type"
What is this? Anyone?
No Joy with PP joy.
co

jbalat 06-02-2004 04:51 AM

You need to go to ppjoy menu in start programs and select ppjoyCOM to set up a virtual joytick using com port1. Then you run ppjoy and ADD the virtual joystick. You dont use lpt1 !!

If this works can you please do the multimeter thingy ??

PS. To add an image you need to click on Reply button - do not use the "Fast reply" box. Then you get a link at the bottom to upload images...

rweller 02-09-2005 10:37 PM

I have just purchased my first RC helicopter and really wanted to use the computer simulator instead of crashing my model. I couldn't get the simulator to work, so I have followed the above-listed recommendations for downloading ppjoy, configuring joystick, minimizing ppjoy and running FMS on Windows XPpro, but see no TX status indicator and can't seem to get the Tx to connect. I have tried with the transmitter off as well as powered on with the radio transmitter plug removed. How should the controls/power be set on the transmitter, and can anyone help me more than the above postings on getting the simulator to work? When I go to PPjoycom in my program list, I have virtual joystick 1 selected, and COM1, but next to COM1 it says "error 5 opening port." Ideas? Thanks!

okrym78 02-11-2005 03:30 PM

I get the same eror message, error 5 opening port. If i select another serial port like 2, i can see that the flyght simulator riceive signal from the trasmitter but i can't control the model.

okrym78 02-11-2005 07:58 PM

Ok boys it works now, but how can i do to set Mode1 Or Mode2 in flight simulator settings??

Slasher_NRW 02-22-2005 05:52 PM

Hello people...

I come from Germany. I got myself also such a Dragonfly.
The problem this I has be that always gets along "Waiting for Stream Init" with PPJoy...
ONE CAN LIE ME SAGAS AN WHAT THIS?!?

Please help me, thank you Rene

rweller 02-22-2005 10:37 PM

I see the request is quite old for the wiring on the cable, but I had a chance to find this out when I was trying to decide if my cable was bad. The serial port end has numbered postitions, and 2,3,5,and 7 connect to the pins in the 4-prong plug at the other end. I don't know the numbering convention for the 4 prong plug, but if you look at it and put the rectangular plastic plug at 0600 on a clock face, then the pin at 0900 is connected to #7, the pin at 1000 is connected to #5, the pin at 0200 is connected to #3, and the pin at 0300 is connected to #2. I still cannot get my simulator software to recognize my transmitter. I have uninstalled and reinstalled PPJoy, but everytime I go to PPJoyCOM, (PPJoy Serial Stream) I get an error message next to COM1 saying "error 5 opening port". Anybody figure this out yet?

emosolo 02-23-2005 02:49 AM

Morning,

I built many serial cables with boxes as shown on alot of the sites but never had any luck. I now use a mono audio cable. There is a program out there called SmartPropo. Do a search in google for it.

This program allows you to connect your TX to your pc via the Aux in or Mic jack. Works well for me, perhaps you guys will have better luck using this. It supports 98/me/2000 and xp, not sure about 95. I am currently runing XP Pro.

Regards
Solo

rweller 02-28-2005 09:51 PM

To anyone who has solved the Zen Hua R/C TX to computer problem. I have tried installing FMS and PPJoy on another computer and have the same problem: on the PPJoyCOM screen I get "error 5 opening port "next to COM1, and "waiting for stream init" under the serial protocol box. I've tried uninstall and reinstall, and my cable has intact wiring (although I don't know how to tell if there is output from the transmitter. I'd rather use the simulator than crash the helicopter (Dragonfly #4), but I'm out of ideas.

klausflorida 03-06-2005 02:31 PM

I had the error 5 opening port too. I had a handheld connected to the USB port (yes USB port) and that reserved the COM port on my PC. Have a look at the running services in XP and if you have anything like a sync programm running, end the process in the task manager.

But even I got the error 5 fixed, I still get the waiting for stream init and the TX doesn't work. Let me know if you had any luck.

K