RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/)
-   -   Piccolo Fun Vs. Hummingbird CP Elite (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/2493167-piccolo-fun-vs-hummingbird-cp-elite.html)

zita 01-02-2005 12:33 PM

Piccolo Fun Vs. Hummingbird CP Elite

Piccolo Fun Vs. Hummingbird CP Elite what of these two are the best? And if some of you got some pictures of your heli I will love tio see them.

VinceHerman 01-02-2005 01:16 PM

RE: Piccolo Fun Vs. Hummingbird CP Elite

'Best' depends on a lot of things. What do you want to do? Where do you want to lfy? What RC experience/equipment do you have? What is your budget?

Mostly, if you plan on flying in your house, a Fixed Pitch (FP) heli like the Piccolo, Hummingbird or Esky4ch is a good choice. But FP micro helis do not do well outside in the wind.
If you plan on flying outside, a CP heli is more stable in the breeze, but it has higher head speed that makes it a poor choice for flying indoors.
In general, FP helis are more robust, easier to set up and troubleshoot, and less expensive to repair. The are less stable than their CP cousins.
CP helis are more stable, more prone to damage in a crash, more expensive to repair.

Many people agree that FP helis are good to start with, and the CP helis are a good 'next step'.

zita 01-02-2005 01:59 PM

I want to fly indoor, my radio is a futuba 6EXA. What can I do, with kind of flying can I do with a FP and what kind of flying can i do with a CP?

chudd 01-02-2005 02:10 PM

correct me if i'm wrong,

with a CP you can do 3d flight( upside down etc)
FP is usually just basic hovering, flying etc.

i got my Twister FP for christmas and am kind of fed up already as i can hover but not stabaly, i cant get through hallways etc.
its still ok though, not bad

i slightly wish i got a CP as it would of been ok to learn on AND be fun for advanced flyers, stable hovering. etc

hope this helps
chudd

VinceHerman 01-02-2005 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: chudd
i slightly wish i got a CP as it would of been ok to learn on AND be fun for advanced flyers, stable hovering. etc
I think that you are missing part of the difference between CP and FP. I don't think that the CP would have been easier to learn on indoors. Just a lot more expensive.
Have you crashed your FP bird? CP crashes cost you a lot just in the price of the blades. FP blades survive most crashes.

ORIGINAL: zita
What can I do, with kind of flying can I do with a FP and what kind of flying can i do with a CP?
Indoors? Mostly the same. You cannot fly 3D maneuvers in your living room. The CP will be a more stable. The FP will be easier on the furniture and easier on itself.

Start FP if your are starting indoors. After you get through the learning curve and know that you are hooked on helis (and you will be!) THEN get a CP bird.