RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/)
-   -   Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/4826535-falcon-40-exceed-heli-forum.html)

robotronski 10-04-2006 08:07 AM

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

It seems there is a increasing interest in the Falcon 40 model marketed by Exceed.

Some say its a re-badged Walkera DF4. I'm tending to agree its a Walkera but it does appear to be a newer release of the DF4. Rotor head reinforcement is fiberglass for example.

Perhaps the electronics are improved. The gyro on my Falcon 40 is way better than that on my older Walkera 22E (collective pitch machine).

I've had no problems with the servos or the dreaded motor controller issues everyone talks about.

So do we need a dedicated forum? Not sure, but there may be some newbie out there that won't look to the DF4 forum for answers since thats not the "Same" heli he has.

Just an idea here...

tungnguyen 10-04-2006 09:16 AM

RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Falcon 40? Can you give me the link? I only hear about Falcon 3D

tungnguyen 10-04-2006 09:18 AM

never mind, i got it. Well it looks like a honeybee 4ch or walkera 4ch ... but maybe better electronics than walkera

robotronski 10-04-2006 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: tungnguyen

never mind, i got it. Well it looks like a honeybee 4ch or walkera 4ch ... but maybe better electronics than walkera
Yeah, I've had zero problems with my Falcon 40 electronics.

The motors don't get very hot after completing a flight. My Walkera 22E main motor got amazingly hot after each flight, finally added a heat sink as a precaution.

robotronski 10-06-2006 08:15 AM

Well it appears that there are'nt many of us interested in the Falcon 40. I do like mine and have been using it as a trainer for a month now. Its stable enough that I no longer fly the simulator and am starting to get the hang of my nose-in orientation. Can do a decent nose-in hover without dumping it. The tail rotor has enough athority that if I lose orientation while nose-in, I can kick in some rudder and swing the heli back to a comfortable tail-in setting. I just don't try nose-in flying when I'm near the end of a battery pack as the response of the heli slows down a bit as the batery voltage drops.

Total flights on the Falcon 40 so far = 50+

Total cost for repairs, upkeep $0.00

When I pass 90 flights, I'll be past the $1.00 per flight threshold.

Well, I got a charged battery pack waiting for me...

DZS 10-06-2006 09:19 AM

where is a good place to get a falcon 40

makatron 10-06-2006 09:43 AM

check this website, i got my heli there and they have an excellent costumer support, the shipping is made with FedEx
and they email you the shipping number right away

http://xheli.com/wadr4rarecor.html

robotronski 10-06-2006 11:46 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: makatron

check this website, i got my heli there and they have an excellent costumer support, the shipping is made with FedEx
and they email you the shipping number right away

I have had good luck dealing with Raidentech.com. for my Falcon 40 stuff.

Fast shipping, good prices too.

DZS 10-06-2006 12:51 PM

will the falcon 40 work on lipo batteries

makatron 10-06-2006 06:46 PM

yeah of course you can use lipo batteries, just get a similar one, usualy 650mAh that might cut the weight
but never, NEVER charge a lipo while is attached to the chopper, in www.xheli.com you might find the battery upgrade for your falcon 40

xheli is so far a great website, they contacted me right away after i paid my heli (they are PST) and emailed me the tracking number
plus they use FedEx instead US post office which is great cutting down the time too

robotronski 10-06-2006 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: DZS

where is a good place to get a falcon 40
You also may want to check out the Raidentech.Com store.

In fact I just ordered another Falcon 40 from Raidentech for the same price as Xheli, but they do have better prices on most of the spares.

Should arrive Monday, I'll try to post a report on how the transaction went overall with Raidentech.

Gonna use the 2nd heli as a model to keep at work for a quick lunch hour flight. Also going to experiment on 2nd heli to try to find a compatible motor that performs better, more efficient and with more lifespan in it, while still using original motor controller (staying w/ brushed type motor).

makatron 10-06-2006 11:48 PM

does falcon 40 do collective pitch??

makatron 10-06-2006 11:56 PM

i just checked they are both under yahoo stores, and the prices in most of the spares are equals, but let me know how fast the shipping was because
i got my eagle 50 on xheli.com and it was pretty fast (by FedEx) and i might order my spares from raidentech instead

keep me posted

robotronski 10-09-2006 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: makatron

does falcon 40 do collective pitch??
Nope, fixed pitch on the Fal40 my friend. This is a good thing I say for a beginner. I have hit the grass and a concrete block wall many times and have not broken a single part. My biggest problem was an indoor crash and the entire rotor head popped off. Tried to put back on only to discover a teeny ball bearing was lost somewhere on the tiled floor. Took about an hour to find the bearing but it fit on the holder with no problems and I was in the air as soon as my battery finished charging. Collective pitch helis have a lot more rotor speed and more complex mechanisms that are easier to break.

I know, I started out on a Walkera 22E and the simplest rough landing required a reasonable amount of repair every time. Very sensitive to boom strikes in my opinion.

Fedex shipment from Raidentech listed to arrive this aftenoon (Monday Oct 9) Will post my opinion of RaidenTech transaction ASAP.

makatron 10-09-2006 02:33 PM

robotronski as soon as you get the package let me know

im going to order a falcon 40, but let me know if is just a renamed walkera lol

J-Cube 10-09-2006 05:32 PM

I like Raiden Tech. I got my Lama V3 from them.

I noticed that the Falcon 40 looks way to much like the Blade CP. I know this is a FP heli but how easy would it be for someone like me to fly it? I could never fly a Blade CP but I can do all sorts of stuff with my Lama V3 in the living room. To date, I haven't broken a single part on my Lama. Anyways, how hard would it be for me to fly a Falcon 40. For $85, I want to try it! Thanks.

makatron 10-09-2006 05:55 PM

ill buy myself one to try it too, for 85 bucks you cant go wrong tho

and is a good heli to fly it indoors (when have enough space)

any spare part i need to order with the heli?

robotronski 10-09-2006 07:39 PM

robotronski as soon as you get the package let me know

im going to order a falcon 40, but let me know if is just a renamed walkera lol
Got the Falcon 40 from RaidenTech today. No probs with damage to box. Going to wait till I get to work Tues A.M. to give it a test flight. Then I'll dial it in by fine tuning the rotor setup, battery location balance etc...

Again, I've never owned a DF4 so I have no reference for comparison. I do know the transmitter appears to be an exact replica of the Walkera Tx.

Says Exceed on the sticker, not Walkera though. I've heard the EF Sabre is the same as the Falcon 40, but it sells for about $140 from Hobby People vendor. For me $85.00 is hard to beat. If I throw my 1st Falcon 40 in the trash tonight, I already got my money's worth in flight training. alone. Can now do sustained Nose-in hover as well as nose-in landings. Still like the gentle flight characteristics of the Falcon 40. It's docile enough to allow time for new pilot reactions.

J-Cube 10-10-2006 02:26 PM

I'm a little confused. You said you were waiting to fly your Falcon 40? Then you said you got you flight training on it? What did you say? [sm=confused.gif]

Does anyone here own or have owned a Blade CP? I want to know how it compares to the Falcon 40.

Well it's Tuesday, I'll check back for responses later tonight.

Going to wait till I get to work Tues A.M. to give it a test flight.

robotronski 10-10-2006 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: J-Cube

I'm a little confused. You said you were waiting to fly your Falcon 40? Then you said you got you flight training on it? What did you say? [sm=confused.gif]

Does anyone here own or have owned a Blade CP? I want to know how it compares to the Falcon 40.

Well it's Tuesday, I'll check back for responses later tonight.

Going to wait till I get to work Tues A.M. to give it a test flight.

Look at Post # 11 just above and I mention that I just ordered my 2nd Falcon 40 from Raidentech.
Liked the 1st one so much that I ordered another to keep one at work, one at home.
A simple solution to a terrible dilema I say.
Plus I now have a back-up heli as well as a complete flying model to look at when I crash the other to see what part went where...
Two helis for less than $200 (delivered to my door) is hard to beat.

Keep in mind the Faclon 40 is a FIXED Pitch machine so you will find some limitations as you become that great pilot !!!!!

Gotta start somewhere...

makatron 10-10-2006 09:07 PM

i made my order my falcon 40 to raiden tech today, period

it was ground-domestic shipping so it will awhile but i have no problem with it
as long as it comes in a week or so

ill try to post some pics then tho

maka

snooptalian 10-10-2006 09:52 PM

I also just bought the Falcon 40 from RaidenTeach. Used the 10% off code. Can't beat that price. I believe there is a free shipping code also, but you can't use both. Actually the free shipping saves you a few bucks more than the 10% off if you are only buying the heli. Didn't know about that code until I already ordered. Anyway, my order shipped for $87 and change with the code. I also went ahead and ordered a set of the Superskids upgrade off eBay to make this guy even more durable...Can't wait to get it all...

Here are the codes for anyone wanting to order there: Free shipping is CJFreeShipping and 10% off is CJ10

makatron 10-10-2006 11:17 PM

awww mate your 5 hours late!!!
i'd rather use free shipping!! dang it

snooptalian 10-11-2006 10:54 AM

What do you mean 5 hours late? Are the codes expired now? Try Dealnews10 for 10% off if the other codes are expired. I just used the CJ10 last night...

EDIT: I see what you mean now by "late" as I just noticed you ordered before I posted the codes...Oh well. All the codes work still, just choose which will save you the most, ie 10% off your total or free shipping. Awesome deal IMHO...

robotronski 10-11-2006 11:17 AM

i made my order my falcon 40 to raiden tech today, period

it was ground-domestic shipping so it will awhile but i have no problem with it
as long as it comes in a week or so

ill try to post some pics then tho

maka

Well, I tested out the newly received Faclon 40 I just got from Raidentech.

Everything works fine. All the servos, the radio, the motors, the battery system. It's all fine.

Still going to go through the entire heli and dial it in.

Again, I tune it for zero vibration and that makes it easy to fly.

Good luck to all those new Falcon 40 pilots who will soon get their hands on the stix!!! Keep at it and practice often.