RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/)
-   -   EXI 450 thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/7520556-exi-450-thread.html)

Edwinssiv 05-26-2008 06:04 AM

RE: EXI 450 thread

That will be sweet...looking forward to seeing that canopy!
All the electronics are in the Trex...so I just have to tune it up and I should be testing it today.

noobflyer01 05-26-2008 02:58 PM

just came back from ka-planes. blackhawk is now repaired. just need to track blades. also bought the hobbywing 40a esc for it.(uninstalled). also bought the 325 carbons blades with LED's

as for the EXI450 i got a bunch of stuff for it. new carbon horizon fins and vertical fins. new carbon tail rotor. new fiberglass canopy.

will post pics soon.

Edwinssiv 05-26-2008 03:41 PM

ROFL...Noob you are as bad if not worse than me!!!! [sm=lol.gif] I have been looking at canopies myself!!!!
I have the Trex finished, trimmed, flying and I will post pics in a while of me building and hopefully flying inside the house...

noobflyer01 05-26-2008 07:21 PM

:DEdwin. oh my gosh. you're gonna love your trex.:D Just took the exi450 to the park for its maiden flight. WOW. i'm hooked. I shot a vid of it and will give the link to it as soon i upload it to youtube.

I did my routine with the exi450. upon midstick on normal mode it spooled up nicely without lifting off. i then switch over to idle mode while its still on the ground at midstick. its perfectly set up.:D. its so powerful . it begs for 3D.

only shot a quick vid cause i notice the belt was loose so had to adjust that. but it is AWESOME!:D:D

Edwinssiv 05-26-2008 07:42 PM

I know Noob...I have been hovering in the house...20mph winds today...I am hoping they die down some right before dark so I can go fly...hopefully...
Here you go...something to make you laugh...my slide show of my Trex build...
[link=http://=s148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/Edwinssiv/Trex%20Build/?action=view&current=de979572.pbr]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...h_de979572.jpgSlide Show[/link]

Sorry...I don't have a video camera...and the cell phone video is garbage.

noobflyer01 05-26-2008 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the maiden flight vid. i sure enjoyed . i had it idle up the whole time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXvoBBHK5H4

noobflyer01 05-26-2008 08:03 PM

oh my goodness if only the gy401 and 9650 was in this bird. Sometime this week i'm gonna swap the gy401 from the blackhawk and stick on this bad ass beast. even my brother was impress with the headspeed. the guy the LHS clocked at 3250 RPM . at that headspeed with the thunderpower lipo its defintely going to do 3D.

Edwinssiv 05-26-2008 08:14 PM

Awesome Noob...I like the canopy!
Now...in the video was the you shaking so bad or the heli???? ROFL....looks nice man!
I am still waiting on the wind to calm down...hopefully this evening I get to fly some outside!

noobflyer01 05-26-2008 08:21 PM

i was shaking big time. lol. [&:]. i didnt know what to expect. i'm impressed. i now know why people love there trex's. its awesome. i just gotta adjust the rudder. since i'm going 3D with this bird it will need a better gyro than the telebee in there.

give me a couple of days to tweak it.and i'll shot some flips for you guys.lol:D

noobflyer01 05-27-2008 08:17 PM

after 1 hour of adjusting my rudder control. i manage to figure out what the problem was . first the tail gear box was not tight on the boom and caused the loose belt. fixed that. next i slide the tail servo holder up the boom towards the nose of the heli. now the tail holds well. not perfect but good enough. it should now hold when i switch to idle up because the way that guy set the gyro was that i would have to be in idle up for the gyro to be in head lock mode. ok so that problem is squared away. i flew around for a couple more minutes and when i landed smoke came out from the esc.[X(][:o].
thank goodness that i landed and caught the smoke. i disconnected the lipo right away and inspected it. the esc is fried. [:@].

I have a hobbywing 40a esc that i bought during my visit with ka-planes.:D. gonna send the waypoint back to ka-planes. gonna get the CC phoenix 35a

noobflyer01 05-28-2008 08:17 PM

update. the EXI450 is now ready. replaced the bad waypoint esc to align 35a esc. the guy at the local store said that his align 35a esc run at 3500rpm headspeed with no problem. i also just installed the gy401 and fut. 9650 on it. havn't test flown it yet. hope it works. tommorrow will be test day

noobflyer01 05-30-2008 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
finally manage to install the gy401 with futuba 9650 servo. i replace the bad waypoint esc with align 35x esc. just ran a couple of packs and the esc is cool to the touch. touched it right after 6 minutes of idle up hovering. both esc and motor is just barely warm.:D.

took me a little to figure out the gy401 setup.

noobflyer01 05-31-2008 11:15 PM

here a vid of the complete exi flying in idle up. havn't done any serious flying with it as i'm still trying to get a feel for it. It flys FANTASTIC![sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]. a couple of more packs to hammer out any remaining issues.

issue #1- had 2 tail blowouts this morning. it occured when i did a full punchout in normal mode and it happened again in idle up. it could be my belt was a little loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pty43B0Gyg8

Edwinssiv 06-01-2008 10:15 AM

Looks like you are having fun there Noob! :D
Talked to the wife...we may be getting a video camera in the near future LOL
Here are the pictures of my new canopy for my TRex [8D]
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7566376]New Canomod Canopy[/link]

noobflyer01 06-01-2008 06:48 PM

edwin...that canopy looks awesome.:D. that must of cost a pretty penny. i can understand why you don't want to crash with that canopy. i have the next 2 days off.:D:D:D. that means i'm going to do alot of flying. i'm not one bit afraid to crash. the LHS is right around the corner with plenty of trex parts. i might as well do some 3d stuff and get the crashing the new heli done with. i will defintely upgrade any head or tail set with trex should it become damage.

i have also decided that my next heli will be the trex 500.

Edwinssiv 06-01-2008 07:19 PM

I have had a great weekend of flying Noob...the winds have been calm and I have flown in between honey do's....it is nice to have space in your back yard to fly [sm=tongue_smile.gif]
My flips and rolls are looking much better. I practiced lots and lots of basics this weekend...I have put in lots of sim time practicing inverted hovering and I am getting the nose in pretty good...so hopefully when I go to the real heli I don't smash it up too bad. ;)
I am already looking at the Mars 480 as my next heli...I was thinking about going bigger but if I stay the same size I can just keep buying batteries for them and fly which ever one I want :D

noobflyer01 06-02-2008 08:34 AM

holy crap! I took 3 packs to the park this morning. the first pack was a test to see if all the adjustment i made last night was on track. at the end of the pack i felt that the adjustments was dead on. i suddenly grew some balls on the second pack and did my first front flip with the bird. not only was i successful but 4 more flips followed after the first. Perfect. the first one was sloppy the fifth flip look like i was doing it all my life.[sm=lol.gif] too bad i didn't have a camera with me. [&o]

I think i just pee on myself again.lol:D i knew this thing was a 3d beast and now i know for sure. i will defintely film the next flip. waiting for lipos to charge and out to the park we go.

Edwinssiv 06-02-2008 09:12 AM

Enjoying our days off already are we?
Our winds are suppose to be picking up again this week...so hopefully there is a little flying time for me. I think I am ready to try inverted...but if I have to wait too long I may lose my nerve.

noobflyer01 06-02-2008 09:41 AM

edwin you are progressing so fast. congrats. i'm not even close to trying inverted yet. getta master flips and rolls before i try it.

Edwinssiv 06-02-2008 10:40 AM

Having nice weather to fly has been great.
I flew about 3 hours (actual flying time...not including cool down time) this weekend...it was fantastic
I have focused on getting my basics real solid so I am very comfortable flying...I have been able to pull out of close calls and get the heli into a stable hover quickly, being able to put the heli into a hover at any orientation gives me lots of confidence. ...that has made my progress easier and faster I think...Plus plenty of sim time. I still have to work on my circles and figure 8's...they are still a little sloppy, especially after the first or second one. Great reason to practice :D

noobflyer01 06-02-2008 05:02 PM

just came back from the park. did alot of flips. its so much fun. its not all that hard. this time i bought along my brother and a camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvuVZAYwJ2c

Edwinssiv 06-02-2008 05:46 PM

Awesome Noob!!! Getting those forward flips down! These helis are lots of fun!

noobflyer01 06-02-2008 05:54 PM

thanks Edwin. i freaking love flying it. my brother had to put the camera down cause he has never seen me do flips. i tried it once before but failed. but that was on the blackhawk. this bird makes me feel so confident in my flying. i don't even use a sim.

tommorrow morning will be another big day. gonna nail those flips. :D

Edwinssiv 06-02-2008 09:05 PM

I understand completely how you feel with your EXI...but I would still recommend the sim...it is easier to memorize stick movements and not have to pay the price in parts....but it is up to you bud... :D

ginnz 06-02-2008 09:19 PM

man, that was some good flying! ill be honest, ive been flying since january, not really out till spring. and im having a hard time..... i have to get over the hump!

i like it where your bro says "go to the light"....... very ominous ;-)