RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/)
-   -   grrr >=( (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/773400-grrr-%3D.html)

ziomatrixacs 05-14-2003 08:54 PM

grrr >=(

ahhh im sick of my humming bird id personaly rather fly it w/o the stupid non hh gyro ok i got it down to this its ether the gyro or the humming board cuz when im on the ground it spins with the blades so i put the rud. stick left ok now im on the ground and its not spining but asoon as it lifts off the heli spins the counter clock wise then i give less left stick then by that time im upside down on the ground so if any one knows where to get a HH gyro that will fit the hummig bird / humming board PLZ let me know the only thing good is that this heli is durable!!!!!
THANKS ALL

Zflyer 05-14-2003 11:04 PM

grrr >=(

As far as I've been told you can't use a HH Gyro with the HB Board on my post set-up sugestions the fine gentlemen who replied told me it would just spin also if you have a TX with REVO Mixing to disable REVO cause that will also cause it to spin as the HB mixing Board handles all of that and the Revo Mix will just confuse it to use Revo mix or an HH Gyro you have to go seprates. Check the Forum for fed up with FEDA you'll find Hoverup's set-up it seems to work very well infact it's got me thinking about skipping the mixer board and goin seprates from the start. Maybe this info will help also what TX do you have

ziomatrixacs 05-15-2003 12:22 AM

grrr >=(

darn it ! o well i should try to get a new gyro my hobby shop sells the same one i got for 60 instead of 90 :D thanks alot cuz i could of just wasted 100

Zflyer 05-15-2003 12:43 AM

grrr >=(

The question stll remains what TX ie: Basic 4ch , 6ch , computerized W/Heli modes, trims all set to center etc. etc. triple check everything, channels setup proper maybe reversed, good pack not over charged (cooked) or under charged, start at set-up steps and trace it all through before you spend that hard earned cash

Zflyer 05-15-2003 12:56 AM

grrr >=(

Another option if ya got an slowflyer plane lyin around doing nothing like a slowstick or such then the ESC is probly a 5amp if you've got one of these your half-way to seprates just add the little 2amp and that HH Gyro your thinking of and your home free
Details on going seprates are available at HeliHobby under tips and with an HH Gyro you don't need the fancy mixing they discribe plus it works with a basic 4ch TX

ziomatrixacs 05-15-2003 10:05 AM

grrr >=(

im gunna go and try going seprates although i dont like cuting up wires and re soldiering and all that but if it will make my bird fly ill try it o yea can any one give me a list of parts and tools i need and thanks alot id never think that a HH gyro wouldnt cuz the preset revo mixs

Zflyer 05-15-2003 11:16 AM

grrr >=(

go to helihobby and in the tips they have the instuctions for that and parts list, If you go HH Gyro you have to disable Revo mixing as the Gyro handles all of the mixing for you, If not then you have to go threw the set up of the Revo mix there's a post here I belive that explains the process

Zflyer 05-15-2003 11:26 AM

grrr >=(

I just realizied in your last post you mentioned preset revo mix, If your TX has that function you have to set it to zero or disable it as this will confuse the Humming Board mixer as well so the problem might be that the TX is confusing it

ziomatrixacs 05-15-2003 05:55 PM

grrr >=(

no my jr quattro only has a trainer function and thats it how much would you say it would cost for going seperates? and exactly how good does it work? would a csm200 (with heading lock) work? thanks a lot

Zflyer 05-15-2003 06:05 PM

grrr >=(

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...18&forumid=185 check this thread and read it these guys answerd a lot of questions when I asked great bunch of guys the ESC's are about $20 for the 2amp about $ 25 to 30 on the 5amp the CSM 200 will work fine I'm told just do the seprates and the HH Gyro takes care of the rest you do the set-up for Brushed and you skip the Revo Mixing adjustment part at the end of the tips at HeliHobbyy

ziomatrixacs 05-15-2003 06:08 PM

grrr >=(

ok im reading the going seperates on helihobby.com it look somewhat simple but ill have to go with #2 cuz my radio dont got revo mixes and im looking to upgade to a hh gyro but i wanna use the stock,brushed motors can this be done?

Zflyer 05-15-2003 06:10 PM

grrr >=(

Do the Brushed, Skip REVO all will be well

ziomatrixacs 05-15-2003 06:24 PM

grrr >=(

ok im gunna try to add every thing up im still a little nervous about this do you think the brushless motor version would need the "JMP HF-100 256 High Frequency Tail Controller" its for the humming bird in heli hobby also could you list every thing you needed for this like how many deans you needed and where to buy the parts ect. im starting to consider the part 2 cuz simply the motors..

Zflyer 05-15-2003 06:29 PM

grrr >=(

You should be able to figure that out cuz, your just doing some splicing as far as going brushless I'd get it up and running first.
if you change to deans your gonna have to do the main, the batt., the ESC.etc.etc.

ziomatrixacs 05-15-2003 06:34 PM

grrr >=(

ok #1 it is but i dont have any curves or revo mixes..o well

Zflyer 05-15-2003 06:46 PM

grrr >=(

sorry to get short but did you read the post!!!!!! link I gave you!!!!! HH Gyro eaquals NO REVO MIXING YOU SKIP THE REVO SETUP BECAUSE THE HH GYRO DOSE ALL THE WORK FOR YOU

CUZ

Zflyer 05-15-2003 07:41 PM

Last Option

try replacing the standard Gyro since you can get it locally if that dosen't work then it's probly the Humming Board Mixer replace that. Seprates was a suggestion that I thought might work for you, it has for others not always cheap but you can easily replace what's broken. other than that I don't know what to tell you. I've been researching everything I can about this Heli for the past 3 weeks, I've learned a lot from the Guy's on the Forum, read all I can, searched for hours on the WEB for every bit of data I can find from other Forums, reviews, user comments, and tips from manufactures and retailers like Helihobby,Centry Heli, TEEDEE ent.
etc.etc. also a good guide at R/C groups under electric Heli's called beginers guide version #6 , do the work find the data check out all you can.

Dodgey99 05-16-2003 08:38 AM

grrr >=(

I'm running brushless with a cheapo GWS 50 (I think) tail ESC (not the high frequency one). All is well. Will let you know how well the tail motor holds up. I tell you one thing for nothing (well 2 actually).

1) The HB onboard tail esc is pants. With a separate cheapo GSW jobby my tail has tonnes more control (with stock tail motor)
2) E-Tecj (or Kokham) 1200Mah 7.2v Li-polly is not enought for a brushless setup. It flies , but at about 2 feet off the ground. I whacked my Bird Seed 8.4v 600Mah Ni-Mh back in and she hit the roof, in seconds. Honestly, climb rate that is shocking!! This is with a Hacker 20-36BS (Something like that) with a 10 tooth. Gonna change to 9 tooth alter today to get a more controlable rate of climb. Oh, and I have the CSM HLG200 micro on the way :-)

ziomatrixacs 05-16-2003 09:08 AM

grrr >=(

Originally posted by Zflyer
sorry to get short but did you read the post!!!!!! link I gave you!!!!! HH Gyro eaquals NO REVO MIXING YOU SKIP THE REVO SETUP BECAUSE THE HH GYRO DOSE ALL THE WORK FOR YOU

CUZ

yes i did read that...

ziomatrixacs 05-16-2003 09:19 AM

grrr >=(

huhhh i just got an e mail from heli hobby they said that a csmHH would work with the HB o well im not gunna listen to them id rather trust some one who went through the same thing o yes on my H-board next nice day im gunna plug the rudder in to throttle and vice versa ill be sure to do the same with gyro so it doesnt end up on the throttle

Zflyer 05-16-2003 11:30 AM

Helihobby and the CSM200

I E-mailed HeliHobby on the same thing because I've read that the HH Gyro would make things easier they E-mailed me back and said yes it will then I saw the posts about that not working with the HBird Mixer so I sent them another E-mail ask to confirm that it dose work that was about 5 days ago "NoReply" I'd trust the guys here on the posts they've done the legwork

ziomatrixacs 05-18-2003 09:45 PM

grrr >=(

i know what you meen i think they r just trying to make $$$ o yeah i put a new thread up in electric helis lol i like you avator it reminds me of my hb =)

Zflyer 05-18-2003 11:33 PM

grrr >=(

Also another thing I've noticed maybe it's just me but these allen screw pinion gears some outfits sell seems if there for a Heli there $6 to $8 bucks and if you look you find them for RS4 Micro cars same Pinion $4 to $6 bucks makes ya wonder

ziomatrixacs 05-19-2003 09:39 AM

grrr >=(

hmm never noticed that...