Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

New Hobby-Lobby FreeWing Or StarMax F-9F Panther EPO Jet

Old 09-18-2010, 12:54 PM
drypipe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New Hobby-Lobby FreeWing Or StarMax F-9F Panther EPO Jet

I noticed that Hobby-Lobby will be offering a very nice 64mm EDF version of the Grumman F9-F Panther jet this October. This time it is made of EPO foam and not EPS which makes me happy! However, the main purpose of me starting this thread is to ask if this jet is a FreeWing or StarMax Product? Hobby-lobby insists that this jet is their design and sole creation but I know that they did not manufacturer this jet. It must be either a FreeWing or StarMax product? Hobby-Lobby also insists that the 64mm EPO Saber Skyblazers and Mig-15 are made by them as well, which I know for a fact are FreeWing products!

Am I just Plane Nuts?
DryPipe.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:44 PM
gary41

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New Hobby-Lobby FreeWing Or StarMax F-9F Panther EPO Jet

You are NOT nuts! They are made to HL's SPECIFICATIONS by the manufacturers you mentioned. Quite a few Chinese manufacturers do this for other large importers/distributers...like Global and NitroPlanes. For instance, to get that Panther Jet in EPO foam, HL may be the only source for THAT plane in EPO foam. HL could specify $2.00 9gram servos, or $9.00 higher quality metal geared "9gram servos. HL often rewrites the instructions for the items those items that have the HL logo. Most of their stuff is pretty good for the $$$$
Old 09-19-2010, 03:32 AM
drypipe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New Hobby-Lobby FreeWing Or StarMax F-9F Panther EPO Jet

I'm guessing that this Panther jet is made by FreeWing but it is not on the FreeWing website. So, like you said, this Panther jet must be intended as a H-L exclusive? BUT, the FreeWing 64mm Saber Skyblazer and Mig-15 are termed as "H-L exclusives" and are also found on RC-Castle, Toysonics and E-Bay? Time will tell I guess.

DryPipe

Search this Thread