Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

HABU 32?

Old 04-27-2018, 12:25 AM
Joseph Frost

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by flyrcjets View Post
It's the speed control that cannot handle seven cells, the motor and fan can do it no problem.
Built dozens of these for clients never a problem and hundreds of flights on mine over many years.. Just flew seven times in a row at Woodland jet ralley and got alot of compliments on it
So dynamically balance the fan, use a 100 Amp CC esc and place the esc in a place with air flow.
If your stock setup is already hot on 6s SOMETHING is wrong, period.

Kevin

AMA 1527
I'm using programmable 120A/ESC, I had to reset it when flew it number of times on 7S just as an experiment. I don't have any overheating issue with my set up but the stock in-runner runs hot just like any. I call hot anything that feels hot to touch as 60-70 deg.C. My model flies so well on 6S/4.25 - 5Ah packs with decent speed so I find no need to push it any further.
After building up my adapter with some Hi-sol, I got now a perfect tight fit of impeller over it so it will be so much easier to balance it. I don't like using the stock conical spinner so minor mod was done again same as on my "F-4" with the use of nut and washer for securing it. Just about ready to put it all back together with the new piece of mind and have more fun with it off the beach. Happy flying.

Slight mod to the rotor for using the nut&washer instead the stock spinner.

Holding slot was cut into the spinner for precise balancing.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:01 PM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by vasek View Post
HI, I have what I need on the way, except for the tail rudder servo cover (red). If you have one, I would be interested. Thanks
If you mean this piece , yes you can have it. PM me your address and I'll send it. oppss you may have to tell me how to ship to you..

Last edited by flyrcjets; 04-27-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:13 PM
parceauto111@gmail.com

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guy's I have a problem with a new habu 32x build. I'm using the stock motor on a 6s battery but I can setup the esc to give the right enough trust to take off. I have a Phoenix 85 hv from castle creations but do not know what king of setting to put in like timing in order to make it perform better.

Thank you
Cam

Last edited by parceauto111@gmail.com; 06-26-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Joseph Frost

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Reseting of your timing won't make any notable difference, beside hotting up your motor temperature at higher amps. I would rather upgrade ESC, power leads, connectors and use the best batteries there are for more power. If you intent to take off the grass you will always have an issue with this overweight model. What's your full set up and gross weight? Show me few pics.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:01 AM
Joseph Frost

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I rather enjoy flying this model off the beach at low tide but had few flights off the grass this morn in dead calm, bit of challenge to bring it down on my short bumpy strip even with full flaps.