Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

First EDF

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Excell0602

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First EDF

Hi, I've have a few planes and i can fly them all competently and I think it's time for me to move up to an EDF. I want one that is stable at slower speeds but can still go pretty fast when you want to. All of my other planes have come from hobbyking.com and I have been happy with them all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Edit: I forgot to add being able to hand launch is a must because of the field I fly at.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 PM
djsqueeze
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: First EDF

You might want to try one of these:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=16718

or

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=16638
Old 04-19-2011, 01:13 AM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...r-and-esc.html

Do some searches. It's among the most popular, easy to fly, easy to modify, best bang for the buck EDF ever made.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:06 PM
ciscovet

I would go with the dynam meteor at nitroplanes. Its $109 and all you got to add is a lipo and reciever. The nice thing is that you can also fly it stock on 4s or 5s. Actually, I started with 50 mm edf's. If I were to pick one it would be the T-45. Its the most stable one of the bunch. Plenty of room to fly it with stock 3s 8-900 or 4s 1-1300 lipos.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:35 PM
mobaddawg

I started with a 50mm F-16 from BananaHobby. Great Plane. It was quite stable and went up to about 80mph wide open going nose slightly down. I have boughten a Airfield F-16 from nitroplanes.com. It has a 70mm edf.It is super stable (even at extra slow speeds!!!) . It is very easy to hand lunch. Takes off at about 35mph and goes about 80mph nose slightly down. Don't get the Thunderbird scheme because it is very hard to track for a first edf. The 50mm F-16 is very hard to keep track of in the clouds. The Air-Field F-16 almost hovers on landings.