Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

MINI EDF RECOMENDATION

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

MINI EDF RECOMENDATION

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 AM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MINI EDF RECOMENDATION

Just aquired a discontinued Fantastic Mig 15.

10 years ago we did not have the advances and low prices we today have in brushless, lipo batteries and esc that today we enjoy

specifications of this plane in 2002
Recomended EDF: GWS 50mm
Thrust above: 2.5 oz
Watts: 20
Final wheight: 7 oz (with nicd and GWS system)

Will like to increase the watts probably in the range of 50-80, use probably a smaller edf to be able to have a intake ducting and not use a cheater hole.

For the moment have two possible option;

1. GWS EDF 40 with brushless 12mm Medussa 5300kv
2. Wemotec microfan 50mm (think is overkill and not sure of a motor in the 50-80 watts range)

Know there are a lot of offers in Hobby king but will like to choose one with some recomendations from a user with a similar setup.

Cheers,

Juan
Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 PM
ACES&8s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MINI EDF RECOMENDATION

I hope you buy in motor and fan unit separately, sets tend to be mild, and 'rookie'.
If you watch Youtube for EDF vids, you see actual figures. EDF motor are power hungry. 30 - 40c batt unless you do higher cell count. For the 50 mm class, choose an inrunner. Nice 3 cell, and 5000kv motor at least. Always check specs on the fan unit max rpm. Check specs on the availalbe thrust. On HobbyKing the EDF units are not generally producing availalbe thrust in the amounts any plane needs to fly anything but marginal/ so buy separate. My Wemo 70mm fans are well balanced. You can save power and extend flight time.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:35 PM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MINI EDF RECOMENDATION

thanks

Will go with a GWS edf 40 and 12m brushless, as it seems this is the most eficient and light configuration for the plane.

cheers,

Juan