Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Been Gone For a While

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Been Gone For a While

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:30 PM
mobileraptor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been Gone For a While

Do to the the econony, a move and three job changes. I have been away from the hobby for five or six years.

With that being said I am looking to get back in. I was just starting to play with ducted fans, starting with a scratch built Regal Eagle.

I had two other planes in the works and old A4 which was seconded line and a scratch build modified Enforcer.

I know the times have changed over the years I was out, lots of advancements in electrics and turbines.

So my question is have the electrics gotten to the point that they can fly 10 to 20 pound models with good results. Yes I have been reading the fourms

here Are some pictures of the two planes I still have.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Been Gone For a While

Mobile,

Nice to see models that are actually built fro kits or scratched.

I had a long layoff also, a bit like yours only worst. I'm not working, but still looking.

Sure things have changed, but the learning process is the same. Does take some time getting questions answered, but you get used to that, and eventually someone always seems to come through for your cry for help.

20lbs, is a big model!

That A4 looks nice. What does that model weigh empty?

Charles
Old 09-29-2011, 04:51 PM
mobileraptor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beleive it or not I picked up the A4 at a yard sale for for $20.00 dollars. It's a bare plane right now. Fiberglass fuse and built up wings.

I belive it's an old small inlet Byron A4. It does have an addition air inlet duct in the underside of the wing.

I love building, I've built over 40 planes and even did a few professionally, most were 40% Cardens.

Like I said, my first jet was a Regal Eagle.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 AM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually meet Bob Parkinson, creator of that model, Years ago, on a couple of occasions.

Once at an event in MA and once again at Top Gun in FL. Interesting guy and an interesting story about his business move from Canada to the US. FL actually.

I have no idea what he's up to, but that Regal Eagle flew nicely.

You can also improve the look by shaving a bit off the nose to remove the squareness.

I've seen Regal Eagles done up almost scale!

Model flys without internal ducting!

Flys well on nitro engines, which is what I observed.