Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

I'm sick of Hobbyking!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

I'm sick of Hobbyking!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 07:23 PM
hpais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm sick of Hobbyking!

I have ordered a Stinger EDF Jet from Hobbyking THREE MONTHS AGO,!!!

And it's still singing at their Front Warehouse, as we speak.

Mind you, the Stinger is IN STOCK, and it was in stock three months ago when I ordered.

Is it just me? Did I win the bad lottery ticket, or is anyone else having this type of problem with them?

Their Customer Support is useless, they write they will get back to you, then sign your complaint as SOLVED and nothing happens.

I've decided they won't EVER see another order from me again!!!

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: I'm sick of Hobbyking!

I ordered one two weeks ago and got it yesterday.... sorry dude.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:22 PM
karenheli

Take it easy. You can choose what you like at the moment.
Just to enjoy good service from the other dealers...
Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

I've ordered many times from them and always have great service..
I also use paypal to help resolve any issue that could come up
Old 11-01-2011, 02:28 PM
gary41
My Feedback: (5)

Sorry you're having problems! I've ordered 47 times from HK over the last 2 years.....NO PROBLEMS. But, I live in Huntsville, Alabama, not Brazil!

-Gary
Old 11-03-2011, 04:36 AM
downunderdog

I've bought "JIT" (Just in Time... I guess it means they are stocked in the back warehouse and/or are assembled as a kit once ordered) items from them a couple of times over the past six months. Whenever I order anything from them, I make sure that what I'm ordering has plenty of stock.

The JIT items have caused delays in the order of about a week or two - I usually get my order within about 3 weeks if it has a JIT item, and anywhere from 1-2 weeks when it doesn't have a JIT item (provided everything else was in stock at the time I ordered). Usually about a week and a half after ordering, I'll "online chat" with them from their website and ask what the hold-up is, noting that they say "JIT items take 3-5 days extra and it's already been over 5 days", and they usually reply something like "the JIT item has left the back warehouse and is in transit to the shipping area. Your order will ship as soon as it gets to the shipping area." Usually cheerfully say "Ok, thanks, just checking. If there's anything you can do to speed it along, please do." It usually shows as being shipped at about the 2-3 week point.

Frustrating, but worth the wait considering the low prices. If I need something quick, I'll usually find it locally or order online elsewhere.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:38 PM
1turnWonder

I'm in Hong Kong and very fortunately I'm one of the few local that they've agreed to serve, cause I have been making numerous orders when I was overseas, have to use a proxy server to get online while at home though!

I pick up my things at their warehouse directly and know their people, they're nice chaps and willing to help.

Even here they have ran out of stock for a few things occassionally which was marked in-stock when I ordered, but nothing of a norm, sometimes it just happens.  It is a good idea to exchange email or make a phone call to confirm before you pay, just sit on the order for a while before you straighten things out.

In general I'm very satisfied of their service, and their price is unbeatable, cheaper than buying most of the thingies directly in China (which I also do).
Old 04-12-2012, 02:35 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

i sent a gas engine back for them to check out had it one week froze up on me on the 3rd flip of the prop sent then 125 emails and they just say they are checking i cant say on here what i told them they have had it 4 months now dont answer the phone emails nothing i think i just lost some money allen