Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Genesis Power LiPo by Banana Hobby Battery tech Question

Old 03-26-2012, 02:39 PM
VentureRC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Genesis Power LiPo by Banana Hobby Battery tech Question

Has anybody had any experience with these Lipo packs? I see that they have really low prices and show some packs that have a C rating ranging from 20C all the way up to 70C constant drain. I need a new pack rated around 30-40C for my EDF F-16, and I saw these and thought this was too good to be true... How can they have such high C ratings anyway? Whats different about the cells that it can discharge at 50C or 70C and not puff up or destroy the pack? Anybody know?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:05 AM
SilverState RC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Genesis Power LiPo by Banana Hobby Battery tech Question

Ive read and heard nothing but good things about the Gensace batteries. However I dont have any personal experience with these batteries. I do have experience with Sky Lipo batteries. I run the 4s 3000 and 3300mha 40C battery packs. I have had no issues with these packs and I run them with kinda hot edf and motor combos.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
gary41

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: SilverState RC

Ive read and heard nothing but good things about the Gensace batteries. However I dont have any personal experience with these batteries. I do have experience with Sky Lipo batteries. I run the 4s 3000 and 3300mha 40C battery packs. I have had no issues with these packs and I run them with kinda hot edf and motor combos.
Just to be clear.....Genesis Power LiPo are NOT GensAce LiPo's. I also have Sky Lipo and GensAce and have had no issues with either brand.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:10 PM
SilverState RC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gary41

Quote:
ORIGINAL: SilverState RC

Just to be clear.....Genesis Power LiPo are NOT GensAce LiPo's. I also have Sky Lipo and GensAce and have had no issues with either brand.
Ooops my bad. I have also heard nothing bad about the Genesis LiPo batteries. Thanks for keeping me straight Gary
Old 03-29-2012, 01:42 PM
gary41

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think BH purposely had that "Genesis" label put on their LiPo line to mislead us into thinking it's a GensAce product. I am quite sure that Genesis is their "house" brand, just as "SkyLipo" is a NitroPlanes/HobbyPartz "house brand and "Turnigy" is a HobbyKing house brand.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:49 AM
bps

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have 4 of these packs 3s 1600 40c. Pacs have about 6 cycles on them with no issues. I use them in a Stinger 64mm jet and get about 3-31/2 minutes of full throttle flying and they just get warm to the touch. Voltage per cell is about 3.75 after flying. No issues in my opinion and a good quality for the price.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:08 AM
ExcaliburIII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have 4 3S packs 40c, 55c, &65c all work great but the 65c does seem to have more zip and last a little longer. Friend just started using the same packs and his perform well also. We both are using them in Stinger 64"s

Wally
Old 06-04-2012, 04:19 AM
ExcaliburIII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Launching like this makes it even more fun!!!
Have several of our club members buying Stingers after our electric fun fly last week. Three in the air at once is lots of fun!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOYAuKJLto

Search this Thread