Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

exceed r/c 70 mm mig 15

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

exceed r/c 70 mm mig 15

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 07:10 AM
ROCKY1405
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exceed r/c 70 mm mig 15

Has anybody else had their Exceed R/C Mig 15 go out of control at the end of a 4 & 1/2 minute flight? Mine did - when the turbine spooled down suddenly the Rx apparently got a "signal" to "spasm" the controls which caused it to snap roll and go down vertically. It took about 2 seconds and until that time it was flying really nicely. It happened on its 6th flight and I wasn't flying it any differently than I had on the preceeding 5 flights. End battery readings were: 3.40 - 3.37 - 3.39 -3.31.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:11 AM
ROCKY1405

Default RE: exceed r/c 70 mm mig 15

I'll appreciate anybody's thoughts on the matter. This was my first EDF and I really enjoyed flying it. I've ordered another but this time will NOT use the Aerosky radio system that comes with it. I'll go back to my tried and true Futaba or Spectrum systems. [8D]
Old 06-13-2012, 04:31 AM
startazz

Sorry Rockey i can't help you out mate,i have got quite a few EDF jets now thanks to Hobbking and there cheap prices, having said that my first EDF was a F-16 from phase3 and i've never looked back but i still fined time for all my warbirds though.
I get most of my EDF jet from HK now though as i find it hard to keep up with some of the rising prices out there but Hobbyking seem to give some of the best deals out there,my last one was there Durafly DH-100 Vampire MK6,it's a great looking model and for the money (under $60) for an ARF would be very hard to beat IMO,you can also get there PNP one for a a good price too but i wanted the ARF s i could put in the CS ten bladed fan unit and my own motor set up which i also got from HK, You won't believe the sound as it has a quite sound to it for a EDF and more like a whooshing noise on fly-bis rather than that EDF scream.

I'll leave a couple of links so you can check there EDF's and there great prices,don't worry i don't work for HK in anyway but i like to pass on info where i buy my RC gear as i wish i would of found them a lot sooner than i did when i first got into this great hobby of ours.

Good luck with your new EDF when she gets here and i hope this one works out a lot better than your last one,i use a Spektrum DX6i and there DX8 and the Orange R610 6ch receiver's,which work really well for me and i use them in all my EDFs and warbirds.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...T-EDF_JET.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Spektrum.html
Old 06-13-2012, 04:35 AM
ROCKY1405

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. The EDF's have so far put some of the initial fun back in R/C for me so I'm persuing them. Since my Mig crashed I have a spare 70MM fan unit that runs great, any recommendations on a model to put that in other than another Mig? [8D]
Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 AM
SilverState RC

ORIGINAL: ROCKY1405

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. The EDF's have so far put some of the initial fun back in R/C for me so I'm persuing them. Since my Mig crashed I have a spare 70MM fan unit that runs great, any recommendations on a model to put that in other than another Mig? [8D]
I know you said other than another MIG. But you can just buy that aircraft in kit form. It is a wonderful little EDF. However because of the elevation that I fly from (near 5000FT) I find that the motor and ESC are lacking in power.Even with a large 40C rated battery it just bearly flies. So I hop mine up with larger KV motors, and performance fans and 60 to 80amp ESCs. Take off's are very short with vertical climb outs of atleast 400 ft or better. But you could run that motor and speed control in just about anything that weighs at or about the 39 to 45 ounces that your MIG did and it will fly just fine.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
ROCKY1405

Here in MN I have no trouble with this Mig flying nicely - altitude is not a problem. I have had the Rx go bad on my first one and on the second one, the battery that came with it puffed up during the first charge and so I took it out of service right away. I love the way it looks in the air and the way it flies but am not having good luck with this brand of stuff, that's for sure. I don't understand why they sell such low quality equipment in their "packages". Don't they know that in the end they are shooting themselves in the foot? I don't mind paying more to get stuff that works instead of junk that causes models to crash through no fault of the pilot. My first experience with electrics was owning a Park Zone F4F wildcat that I've been flying for a couple of years and I guess I expected most electric models to be of that quality - I shoulda known better I guess. Meanwhile, I'm having fun getting into the EDF's - they are a real "Hoot"!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:19 AM
ROCKY1405

I'm still flying this great flying Mig. I added the wing tanks and found they only slow it down a little bit and dont seem to affect the handling enough to even comment about so if you have one of these dont be afraid to add them.