Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

HET F18 700mm span any good?

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

HET F18 700mm span any good?

Old 07-01-2012, 01:04 PM
rodders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HET F18 700mm span any good?

Hello all,
There is one of these "new in box" with wemotec MF480 FAN, the recommended kontronic FUN 400-36 motor and SMILE 45-6-12 speed controller up for sale.

Is it any good?

I get the impression its quite old. How does it compare with a newer EPP or foam one with a new motor set up?

I looked at the spec and notice its for a 3s battery or 10 cell nicad. This is what makes me think it may be quite old.

No rocket science replies please, as I probably won't understand you. I'm only just getting to grips with the electric set up on my Sebart Angel.

At the risk of repeating myself is it worth going for, or should I just leave it?

Regards

Rodders
Old 07-01-2012, 05:55 PM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HET F18 700mm span any good?

It is a good start edf. I prefer balsa over foam.

If you are looking for a super fast edf this is not the arf plane.

Have a build uder het f18 personalization.

The good things uses 3s 3200-3600 mha wich are cheap now days, a 500-700watt motor is more than enough.

Need some previus experience to build since it is not an arf as descibed.

Cheers

Juan
Old 07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
rodders

Juan,
Thanks for the reply. I noticed it needed to be assembled, but am ok with building, just don't get the time.

My flying is pretty good and I do like a bit of speed (I fly DS gliders)!

I dont think I can grasp with all the terminolgy, so would be getting an established setup.
The only EDF I really know of is the Habu. How does the HET F18 compare with one of those for speed? Is a Habu clased as fast?

I saw a video on youtube of someone underarm launching a Habu, and having one that I can hand launch really appeals to me.
I have seen mixed messages about the F18, some say it will hand launch, others say it needs a bungee to launch.

Regards
Rodders
Old 07-03-2012, 11:09 AM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rudders

I have never seen a Habu in person but seen videso and coments.

The Habu weights less and can be hand launch and is more acrobatic. Don´t think is faster. Probably is more fun. Hobby King has the Stinger which is the copy cat of the foam Habu.

My het f18 is not acrobatic and probably if a you are a good basball pitcher will be able to hand launch. Also wheight more 2-3 pounds.

Think the Het f-18 will not be as fun as the Habu but will give you exprience in throtle managment since is required in jets since have no props, and also in landing fast since wing loading is higher than habu. For me the most enjoyable part is landing and flaring this het in high angle berfore landing.

The speed of My Het is aprox 70-80 MPH, if it is a bargain go for it if not there a better edf now days. I got mine real cheap and already had all the electronics and fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-Pm8nsOzI

cheers,

Juan

Old 07-14-2012, 12:24 PM
rodders

Juan,
As you say it needed to be cheap and it was cheap, but not real cheap. I dithered a bit too long and someone else bought it. Oops.

I was never realy swung on the marginal hand launch and the fact it was made of wood and would have very little bounce in it.

I'm now looking for a habu Mk1 (second hand) or something else, which is fast. I have stilll not worked out what is like a habu, but cheaper.
Steve Webb Models does a "wingmakers" J10 B canard jet which looks OK and the kits are cheap enough. The video of shows it hand launches easy, but appears a bit slow in the video of it.

I have seen lots of stuff on the Hobbyking site, but there seems to be very little info on how they go together. The Viper jet,stinger and the sports jet look ok but theres no real info on what they are like.
I might just go with a Habu.

Thanks for your help Rodders