Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

EDF Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Agpilot25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDF Advice?

Well I was wondering about the flyfly f-100. I have been out of rc flying for ten years started cropdusting and had kids. Now that my kids have gotten into it we bought them the micro flyers and my wife bought me the micro f-86 by great planes so i got back into it. The other day my wife ordered me the flyfly f-100 so i was wondering if this is a good one to start on? The last ducted fan i flew years ago was a house of balsa f-86. I dont want a speed demon. Or do i need to get a prop plane first to practice?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: EDF Advice?

The F-100 flies very well and are very light compared to it's size. However you will need to invest some $$ to get a nice flying plane that lasts. The cheap China retracts won't work for example. One landing not perfect will make the retracts stop working. When you sorted out the bugs you will have a very nice flying plane :-)

I have the Mig-15 in the same series and it does great :-)

Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Agpilot25

Thanks that is what i was wondering. What do you recommend power wise dont want a speed demon just a mild setup?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:52 PM
GBLynden

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your wife sounds awesome!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Agpilot25

Yeah she is although she says I fly to much lol. I am a cropduster pilot so she says I fly all day at work and come home and fly rc.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 PM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need a 90mm wemotec fan, and 1500 to 2000 watts of power. Recomend het motors for this.

Cheers

Juan
Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Extreme_RC

The wemo Midifan PRO isone of the best made 90mm fans, very light and affordable. German production and quality. Add to this an HET650-58-1970Kv for around 90 amps on 6 cells, 2000 watts. Lightweight and powerful setup.

The F100 is not a fast model, its quite draggy and a little restricted in the intake, but its very stable and floats in on landing, you should have no trouble flying it. I helped a guy with one just recently, we put a hot 6s setup in it, flew nice, plenty of power to climb, speed maybe around 100mph or so, can fly at half throttle.