Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New from TaftHobby: Valkyrie Jet 90mm

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

New from TaftHobby: Valkyrie Jet 90mm

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 07:36 AM
sandrocacciola

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New from TaftHobby: Valkyrie Jet 90mm

Hello friends!
These is the new jet (scrupulously in EPO) arrived from TaftHobby for the test. Is a new "Valkyriae Jet: original design for a jet with wingspan 1287mm and length of 1439mm; wing area 26.4 Dm2. 90mm Edf with 11 blades "TaftHobby", motor BL3541 KV1450; Esc 80amp Hobbywing and 8amp UBEC; 8 mini servos installed (digital metal gears); electric retract with metal legs. Batteries required minimum 5000mag 6S 30C. Weight in flight 3.2 kg and 6-channel radio request.
The model comes ready to fly and requires no glue but only by fixing screws. In these website my assembler and review thread.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (1).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	2051144   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (2).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	2051145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Valkyrie.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	2051146  
Old 12-01-2014, 10:08 AM
sandrocacciola

The model is very easy and faster to assembler. The servo and retract cable is already passed with multy plug (servo for aileron and flap end retract). It's impossible any error...

Name:	1 (3).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	2051421   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (8).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	2051422   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (9).jpg
Views:	65
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	2051423   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (11).jpg
Views:	74
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	2051424  
Old 12-01-2014, 10:12 AM
sandrocacciola

For try these new jet I did not change anything because I believe that nothing should be changed.

Name:	1 (12).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	2051425   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (13).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	2051426  
Old 12-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Extreme_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are testing for the factory then sure nothing should be changed, but once you realize the stock fan is pretty anemic in performance it pays to fit a fan that can do the model justice. I sell the Taft without fan/motor so the customer can choose their own hi power setup.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:56 PM
sandrocacciola

Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
If you are testing for the factory then sure nothing should be changed, but once you realize the stock fan is pretty anemic in performance it pays to fit a fan that can do the model justice. I sell the Taft without fan/motor so the customer can choose their own hi power setup.
Hello!
yes it's true but for these new plane I must try with factory setup. These is a test and I thinks that the medium buyer not change Edf and motor but like buy and fly. If the setup standard is sufficient for normal fly these is a good choise. If the Model have problem these is no good... For expert Pilot is correct buy the kit without Edf/motor/esc.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:03 AM
sandrocacciola

Another immages: the model is very PNP and Taft Hobby, as in the other models, has assembled everything. The EPO finishing is good and there are non imperfections. The color is compact.

Name:	1 (4).jpg
Views:	362
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	2052341   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (6).jpg
Views:	308
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	2052342   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (7).jpg
Views:	333
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2052343  
Old 12-12-2014, 02:28 PM
sandrocacciola

Finally the test in fly for Valkyrie jet. Very very good! The model is perfect and flight very well. Take-off is short and the edf have good power. In flight the jet is fast and slow, with flap landig is easy. These new jet is a surprise for me becouse I don't know. In these two movie you can see the quality of these model!

http://youtu.be/zRsMfVX-6U8

http://youtu.be/l25Xm_-OG7c
Old 12-16-2014, 12:07 PM
sandrocacciola

The announcements of TaftHobby are three: the Valkyrie Jet, the "Quantum Jet" and the ''E-Jet Scorpion ". What is the subject of my test is the Valkyrie, aircraft singular conformation of the tailplane positioned on the vertical, but for its lines (and flying characteristics) is very similar to the Viper. The Valkyrie has a wingspan of 1287mm and a length of 1439mm with a wing area of 26.4 Dm2. Mounts a 90mm fan with 11 blades production TaftHobby with an engine from BL3541 1450KV; The model features a 80-amp regulator Hobbywing. and a UBEC from 8Amp. The servos installed are mini digital with metal gears; complete the equipment of the Valkyrie electric retract (already seen the Viper) with metal legs. Batteries required minimum 6S lipo 5000mah and 30C discharge. The weight which showed the model in flight order was 3,240 kg. To fly the Valkyrie requires a radio with only 6 channels.
The model comes in a pack well made and impact test in which are located the fuselage in one piece, the two wing panels, vertical rudder and tailplane. The kit is supplied bayonet carbon wing and a set of screws required for assembly (not absolutely need it the glue).
Old 12-16-2014, 12:14 PM
sandrocacciola

The assembly of the model is semple and fast: it's sufficient connect the spinet servo rudder vertical and screw it to the fuselage with the four screws, then connect lead and block the tailplane to the vertical with two screws (provided). The wings fit into the fuselage of plastic seats and are locked with two screws each. That's it. The pins of the channels follow have number of the function but I have verified that these number are different ad that I use in my channel's Rx: but never mind, just try every spinet with a servo tester and understand what command corresponds to the model (direction, retract, rudder etc.) and then subsequently connect to the receiver according to the arrangement of the channels that you prefer. Even simple connection to the Rx of wing panels that are equipped with a multi-plug that allows you to connect the controls of ailerons, flaps and retract a single plug that passing in a hole on the rib of the wings comes to the base e fuselage (see photo). Nothing complicated and all the work is finished in twenty minutes at the most.
The electric retract are of standard quality and slightly depreciated with those who have the wing compartment cover fixed to the leg and the nose gear have a door controlled by sequencer included and installed in the kit. The kit also includes winglet that if love can be fixed on the wings in a compartment that Taft sealed with transparent tape if you do not want to install (I have not done, and this is not in any way affect the flight) . To do so is sufficient to drill a small cut in the center of the compartment on the transparent PVC closing and insert the winglets provided. That's it.
The powertrain of the Taft-Hobby 90mm (which is accessed for any need from the lower part of the fuselage after unscrewing the cover), is dimensioned both with regard to fuel consumption and performance. My flights have shown that the average consumption of this fan is around 70amp managing to fly with battery 5000Mah about 5 minutes with sufficient remaining power. It 'still recommended in the first flights of ad hoc measurements after 3 or 4 minutes to understand the performance of the batteries that are used and behave accordingly.