Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skyshark Scratch built 90mm jet

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Skyshark Scratch built 90mm jet

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 02:13 PM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skyshark Scratch built 90mm jet

I have had a Mercury 90mm edf sitting in its box waiting for a home. Back in 1990, I flew a Dick Sarpolus design called the Firebolt which was. .40 size pusher swept wing forward canard with fixed gear. I decided to use the basic layout, add retracts, but changed the construction, wing and such to utilize the Mercury Fan. This is the result. Wing span is 58” and it weighs 9.5lbs. I call it the Skyshark. One flight so far, but waiting on better weather for additional flights.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:41 AM
Twin Turbine
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome. Love canard planes. In the 70's dad used to make canard paper planes, so when i see one it reminds me of those times.
I am really interested to see a video of it flying, and curious of your mixing rates.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:49 AM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twin Turbine
Looks awesome. Love canard planes. In the 70's dad used to make canard paper planes, so when i see one it reminds me of those times.
I am really interested to see a video of it flying, and curious of your mixing rates.
I have only put one flight so far. I found out that it’s not good to fly in overcast weather😳😳😳. Waiting for a clear day. And of course, the corona restrictions lifted so we can fly again. I will try to get some video of the next flights. Right now there is no mixing used.