Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ideal Specs of motor, battery and ESC

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Ideal Specs of motor, battery and ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:01 PM
shahzebrahat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideal Specs of motor, battery and ESC

Hello folks,

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge in RC world as I am noob. I want to build hand made rc jet plane with motor. The problem is I know very little about motors, battery and ESC and their compatibility. So far, I have ordered the Tx and Rx. Upon research, I have found these parts:

Motor:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EMAX-...499816382.html

Battery:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HK-Fr...804857467.html

ESC:
(I need help, how much amp?)

Charger:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ImaxR...502274451.html

Are these parts compatible? If someone can make me a quotation, it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by shahzebrahat; 10-16-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:51 AM
shahzebrahat

No expert available? I just need a small piece of advice. I shall be grateful.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Quorneng

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

shahzebrahat
Unfortunately your links do not work for me.
How suitable a particular motor/battery/esc (and prop) is does very much depend on the shape, size and weight of the plane. This sets (roughly) how much power (in Watts) you are likely to need. With this it is then possible to select a suitable motor, prop along with an appropriate ESC and battery.
Designing and building a plane that flies successfully is not easy so you would do much better in the first instance to buy something that had its motor ESC and servos already installed. You then know it will fly and it will also give you some idea of the electrical bits required when you do want to build a plane.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:57 PM
shahzebrahat

@Quorneng I am going to write specs of motor and battery from links.

Motor:EMAX CF2805 2840KV Outrunner Brushless Motor

Battery: wild scorpion RC 7.4V 5500mAh 35C 2S RC Car Helicopter model plane Lipo Battery

For instance, lets say that I will use cardboard or any other light weight foam to make body. At this stage, I cannot go for perfection but I want the parts capable enough to fly these materials with high speed. Do you think this combination of motor and battery is good? or can you tell me what specs should I look for in motor and battery and their compatibility?

Also, aren't servo motors independent of motor and battery specs?

Last edited by shahzebrahat; 10-17-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Quorneng

shahzebrahat
The issue is not whether that battery will work the motor because it will but whether you could actually get a plane to fly with it!

The Emax 2805 is small motor capable of generating just under 100W of power.http://www.b*********.co.uk/catalog/...roducts_id=714
To fly at all with this motor your plane shouldn't weigh much more than 1 pound (450g) ready to go. To fly 'fast' it needs to be lighter still. Your chosen battery weighs some 13.5 oz (382g) just by itself!
A 1200mAh 2s would be quite sufficient but even then you would still need need a light (and strong) airframe with all the right aerodynamic qualities.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:32 AM
shahzebrahat

@Quorneng I am really thankful to you for all this information. So, can you please guide me with the ideal motors and batteries that suit my need. If you can make a quotation for me like motor of THIS spec along with ESC of THIS amp and battery of THIS KV would be sufficient for me.

Right now I am looking at this http://www.electrifly.com/motors/gpmg4505.html but still I need more advise.
As I have to order these things online and it takes around 15 days to reach me, I don't want to take risk.

Plus if you can share some good tutorials that state parts specs as well would be really helpful.

I shall be really grateful to you
Old 10-18-2015, 02:49 PM
Quorneng

shahzebrahat
I don't with to be negative but before you can even begin to specify a motor, prop, ESC and battery you need to decide on the type of plane and its likely size and weight. Even then the actual shape of the plane and how you want to fly it can make a big difference in the power required to fly.
For example a plane suitable to learn to fly on has a very different specification to one specifically set up for aerobatics.

Unless you have the experience the only practical way forward is to buy a plane (or build it from a plan) where all the suitable equipment details have been already worked out for you.
That way you at least know the plane is capable of flying but that of course is no guarantee that you will be able to!