Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Any quality NON-FOAM EDF F-14 Tomcats on the market?

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Any quality NON-FOAM EDF F-14 Tomcats on the market?

Old 06-27-2017, 09:55 AM
tomcatman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any quality NON-FOAM EDF F-14 Tomcats on the market?

I've spent the last 3 hours doing an extensive search with no results. Does anyone know of any EDF F-14 Tomcats on the market that are of glass/composite build, non-foam? I've seen a few on random youtube videos which look breath-taking with no mention of which model/manufacturer. Turbine models are just out of my budget reach and EDF seems to be more practical. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Old 06-27-2017, 10:56 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

oakdale rc or something similar to that comes to mind. all composit f-14. might find a build thread on here or at groups..
Old 06-27-2017, 11:59 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Complexity of "Tomcat" model built of glass (composite) will be too heavy for EDF, you much better off fitting in turbines which ever way you look it at, cost wise or weight wise, not even mentioning superiority of the flight times. Nothing wrong with the foam if you are prepare to do some upgrades as I did to my foamy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080356.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	2221913