Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Dynamax conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 09:25 AM
Air Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is my first post here and I stumble on this thread.

After wasting 30 minutes looking for something to take away from the original post, I do not see one thing to address the topic of this thread. While I do find the bickering and bantering of strong opinions and personalities a source of entertainment, this thread seems to have hit a dead end from post two on.

Being that I have both Dynamax and Ramtec fans, and considering both perform within a few percent of each other - I look at this as a Ford or Chevy thing. I really don't get the mines better than yours thing when were talking about a few watts or a few ounces of thrust. These 6000 Watt 20 pound thrust 8 Horsepower fans are similar, as is the Schubeler fan I just picked up. Or the Jet Fan for that matter.

This post was about a Dynamax Conversion not my fan is better than your fan. Also mentioning a 34 pound thrust Dynamax as an every day driver is a bit of a stretch. This is in a proof of concept, development stage and has only run on the bench. Watching the testing videos it seems the force of this is not respected. If something breaks or gets sucked into this at the high power levels and has a catastrophic failure I don't see any containment measures taken. Your not going to get out of the way when this thing comes apart, and sooner or later ones going to come apart. I want one but I need to see it fly and I don't want to be the owner of the third one, ill wait until its proven in the air. My thinking is there are only going to be a handful of guys even interested in this and there will be a very limited market. I have recently moved and do not have my shop set up yet and need to get this done so I can build my Dynamax and Ramtec Fans. In the meantime ill use the tried and true Shubie that I just picked up.

Ill do a search and see if I can dig up some information for the poster but considering the flame throwing going on here he may not want to come back to his thread, I guess I could send him a private message.

Well this is my first post here, ill cruise around a bit becacuse im looking for some help with my new fan setup (controller settings).

Ok, this is the seventh inning stretch and who's at bat?

BATTER UP

Last edited by Air Head; 06-17-2018 at 09:28 AM.