Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Dynamax conversion

Reply

Old 04-30-2018, 01:58 AM
  #1  
kraffty
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: princess anne, MD
Posts: 131
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dynamax conversion

Anybody know of a way to convert a Dynamax fan to electric. If so, any details on motors etc.
kraffty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:31 AM
  #2  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Conversions of the dyna never really took off, there were a few attempts and there are some custom fans around but the cost is high for what you get, and there seems to be a need for much reinforcement to stop the blades shearing at higher RPM.
In comparison the Ramtec has moved forward with bulletproof performance and extra blades (I asked for them ) and really its one of the best turn key 5 inch fans you can get. Tony really got into converting the ramtec over to electric, he listens and knocks up test units and ideas quickly and efficiently, the Ramtec has shed weight and the revised housing is really a superb piece of work for the $$. Our current version runs the big HET 800 series inrunner and will run 12-14 cells, pushing 8+kg to over 10kg in thrust at a very manageable amp draw.
You can see all the specs and my test results including videos of the fan on the thrust stand HERE
Cost of a ready to install dynamically balanced fan works out to approx. USD$370.00 and shipping is around 47 bucks.

When you look at the cost of parts to piece together a dynamax, you can get the complete ramtec for not much more than just the fan.
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:35 PM
  #3  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by kraffty View Post
Anybody know of a way to convert a Dynamax fan to electric. If so, any details on motors etc.
Before spending your good American dollars, you should check out the Dynamax convertion being made available right here in the US. I can't post a link but you can easily find the information in the Large EDF section of the "other" RC Forum's Electric Jet section. Lee

btw it can be ordered in the widest performance range of any other 5" fan anywhere. From light weight low performance fan that you can assemble using your own fan, from 16lbs to 22lbs.........all of the way up to an amazing fan that produces well over 34lbs at peak and can be run at full power for over 2 minutes at a time without overheating the motor. No other 5" fan can do that at any price and it's available now as a plug and play system including including an ESC for an incredibly low price considering the performance.

Last edited by LLiddle; 05-01-2018 at 02:47 PM.
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:53 PM
  #4  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Great spiel there from someone with 2 posts, Talk about shilling getting out of hand, "No other 5" fan can do that" "incredibly low price" we all know you are invested in this experimental fan but seriously

RAMTEC 12s 11 blade: 6098 watts for 19.6lb thrust:

RAMTEC 12s 12 blade 5580 watts for 18.7lb thrust:

TOTAL WEIGHT READY TO INSTALL: 1040 grams (2.28lb)

All on video on youtube, show me your dynamax video that gets over 19lb for exactly 6kw. Show me a photo of it on the scales...

Last edited by Extreme_RC; 05-02-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:30 PM
  #5  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Everything I posted is true. Unlike you, I'm not selling anything. I'm just giving the OP information that he asked for. Have fun with the super efficient low powered fans. When you can do over 14kg continuously for 2 minutes, get back to me.
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:42 AM
  #6  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

The statement "I am not selling anything" is so overused its not funny, you have so much invested in this experimental dynamax fan you might as well be selling it, not to mention half your posts over the other side push the thing like its gold plated and made by the pope himself. You then announce that 18lb for 6kw is the new amazing low power setup, well look above mate, 6kw we get 19.6lb, talk round and round as much as you want the figures don't lie.
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:31 AM
  #7  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I know it must be very frustrating to be stuck in the mid 20lb range of thrust with the Ramtec when Par's conversion of the Dynamax can operate above 30lbs continuously for as long as the battery can supply power. But your attacks on me for simply stating facts and sharing the current information doesn't change the facts or the information. You should spend more time in development of a 21st century fan instead of cruising the forums looking for places to sell last year's model. LOL
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:02 PM
  #8  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by LLiddle View Post
I know it must be very frustrating to be stuck in the mid 20lb range of thrust with the Ramtec when Par's conversion of the Dynamax can operate above 30lbs continuously for as long as the battery can supply power. But your attacks on me for simply stating facts and sharing the current information doesn't change the facts or the information. You should spend more time in development of a 21st century fan instead of cruising the forums looking for places to sell last year's model. LOL
First up no one is attacking YOU period, questioning your ethics? nooo, questioning your claims of the most efficient fan, DEFINITELY!!

Actually I and I believe many others find it amusing (in a sad kind of way) that you have seemingly become the pariah of the forums dishing out on anything that might threaten this big $$$ fan you are pushing endlessly. As you say facts are facts, you don't post up many, mostly conjecture and chest beating on how amazingly good this is. Pity the Jetfan 130 beat you to it and can be purchased over the counter as a turn key product from a known manufacturer with backup and proven safety, not cobbled together with bits and pieces and lots of mods with the hope the blades will stay together long term...

As for the Ramtec, its more efficient period, the figures are there in black and white, I saw your latest "low power" video, 6300 watts for 18lb thrust, how is that better than 6100 watts for 19.6lb thrust?? Don't tell me your maths is that bad
And we all know the ramtec has the speed in the air, getting a big heavy draggy Jet teng viper to 170+mph on only last years model, says it all really. When we release the data on some new motors and higher cell setups it will be ready to purchase factory backed product that wont blow apart after a dozen flights.

Last edited by Extreme_RC; 05-03-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:34 PM
  #9  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I'm glad to see that you are keeping up with my activities. I rarely bother to read your posts. But the way you put the spin on your first post here was a little too much. I decided to let the OP know that there is indeed a Dynamax convertion available. You, on the other hand, took the thread off topic immediately and basically told the OP that what he was looking for didn't exist.

So I gave the guy the information he was looking for and you pretty much lied to him. I think I've at least cleared that up for him and won't waste any more time with you.

BTW I have never claimed that any fan was or is the most efficient fan. I'm not worried about a few percent of difference here or there. Guys who want to claim theirs is the most efficient are normally just trying to draw attention away from the fact that they don't measure up on the top end.
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:36 AM
  #10  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by kraffty View Post
Anybody know of a way to convert a Dynamax fan to electric. If so, any details on motors etc.
An enormous amount of information, data and videos can be found on the designer's website. Search for edfdynamax on Google and you will find the site. All of the videos are posted on YouTube for everyone to see. They are fully documented and lots of data is posted with instruments real time.

edfdynamax dot com
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:19 PM
  #11  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by LLiddle View Post
I'm glad to see that you are keeping up with my activities. I rarely bother to read your posts. But the way you put the spin on your first post here was a little too much. I decided to let the OP know that there is indeed a Dynamax convertion available. You, on the other hand, took the thread off topic immediately and basically told the OP that what he was looking for didn't exist.
I post up facts, you simply attack the poster, why attack a product if you think its inferior?...who cares what you read, I never took the thread off topic I replied with my knowledge as I have the right to do, the OP can easily go searching the other forum and google and see there is minimal to no commercially available options.

So I gave the guy the information he was looking for and you pretty much lied to him. I think I've at least cleared that up for him and won't waste any more time with you.
Oh wow now you accuse ppl of lying yet you cannot even read! Read the very first line of my reply, be careful how you respond as foot dun taste nice. Here is the sentence again just to be clear:
Conversions of the dyna never really took off, there were a few attempts and there are some custom fans around but the cost is high for what you get, and there seems to be a need for much reinforcement to stop the blades shearing at higher RPM.
Absolutely 100% factual sentence there, based on everything that has been said by OTHERS, including the blade shearing issue. Even Jim Drew from XPS talked about the current stock blades shearing which led to him dropping the product.

BTW I have never claimed that any fan was or is the most efficient fan. I'm not worried about a few percent of difference here or there. Guys who want to claim theirs is the most efficient are normally just trying to draw attention away from the fact that they don't measure up on the top end.
Hmm rosy colored world live you in! lol. You have said on MANY occasions in the other forum how its the most efficient thing out there, claiming its the best blah blah blah, and now everyone else is hiding their lack of performance with their superior efficiency?? LOL, Jetfan 130 trumps your figures easily, I can see just how good they are from the thrust vs amp draw, they are up at 30lb thrust at less than 11Kw!!!

Last edited by Extreme_RC; 05-06-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:18 AM
  #12  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Put up or shut up

Mark you are nothing but a spin artist.

Supply me links to posts that I've made making any claims of best efficiency.

Basically my point about Par's Dynamax convertion is that it's well engineered, carefully assembled, and has been proven to do what no other 5" fan has been proven to do. Namely produce over 30lbs of thrust for a solid 1.5 minutes without any throttle management (full power) and do it without damaging the fan or motor.

You want to tell me a Ramtec has ever done that? How about BVM or Scheubler or even Jet Fan. Show me! Don't show me a spreadsheet of numbers. Don't tell me you saw it and there were lots of witnesses. Show me the video proof with real time data.

You can't do it, because there's no proof out there. If a company like those mentioned above had the goods, I guarantee you that there would be video, well documented video. Why? Because video is proof that it's not just BS.

BTW I think that the Jet Fan is a good product at a good price. But even the fan that they claim can "almost" do 30lbs of thrust at about 11kw has yet to be proven IMO. The 130mm is also going to naturally be a little more efficient than any 5" fan because it's slightly bigger and larger fans are always more efficient than smaller fans at the same thrust level.

So supply some proof that some fan from Europe is matching or beating Par's accomplishments with the Dynamax, or drop it.

Also, I think it's sad that you have to look to other fan manufacturers to find similar performance. I guess you blokes in Australia should get to work and develop the Ramtec to it's potential. Doesn't look like anyone else is going to do it for you.
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:50 PM
  #13  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

You have said many times this new amp hog fan is the most efficient you have ever seen blah blah, I am not going to wade through all the thread posts to cite them. I don't spin anything but rotors
There are plenty of videos out there I am not going to do your work for you, go search yourself, I post my own up, that's good enough for me, I search when I want to see what other products do.
The Jetfan is a couple millimeters bigger diameter, certainly not something to use as an excuse, I wouldn't say it was not comparable to the Ramtec because it is, its not like its 135mm vs 127mm, its a couple mm and they were able to do that while keeping the Outside Diameter pretty much in line with the old 127mm style molded shrouds. As for the Ramtec its coming along nicely thank you, its rotor is incredibly tough out of the box, no need for masses of modifications and blade strengthening to ensure it doesn't blow apart, and once we have some new ESC's and the new sample motor I will be doing 18s tests too...
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:36 AM
  #14  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Have it your way Mark. I see why you are here hawking your half truths and low performance fan. It's because you can spread your slanted tall tails and people just accept them. When you say slop like this on other forms you get called out, otherwise you'd be there yacking away instead of here where no one knows better.
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:26 PM
  #15  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by LLiddle View Post
Have it your way Mark. I see why you are here hawking your half truths and low performance fan. It's because you can spread your slanted tall tails and people just accept them. When you say slop like this on other forms you get called out, otherwise you'd be there yacking away instead of here where no one knows better.
LOL you really got some issues with competing products don't you. I post up solid numbers that everyone can emulate, and they do, across the world users are running RAMTEC fans in their models and loving them!!
I question your Par dyna numbers and what happens, the usual thing that happens on that forum, I get flamed to a crisp, anyone questions one of your own products and that's it, all over, the flame throwers are cranked up and the questioning post is buried. Been happening for years, along with the shills spruiking their mates products while attacking the others personally, its really a class act over there sometimes.
I don't say slop on any forum, when I have info I post, I don't bump my threads every other day to keep them at the top, you guys might think its good exposure but the readers are not stupid, when I get pm's from other members rolling their eyes at claims being made I know its not just me who notices the absolute BS being spun. SPIN SPIN SPIN, who invented SPIN?? Certainly not us!
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:33 AM
  #16  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I know 3 long times members of the large edf community who have bought fans from you that were Extreme disappointments. None lived up to the promised performance and one was unusable (not balanced properly).
That's the reputation that you have with those I know.

The reason that I prefer the Dynamax over the Ramtec is that it's an easier conversion. At power levels below about 8kw is can be easily done with off the shelf parts. Also all parts are interchangeable. The Ramtec has 3 different blade types and at least 2 different diameters. That alone was a big negative for me.

BTW you've been using the "waiting on an SHV esc" excuse for years now. Hint....Flier Models. They've been selling good shv esc for years. Are you waiting for the AUD to appreciate so that you can afford one? That will be a long wait. Iron ore and wool just won't buy what they used to. LOL
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:47 PM
  #17  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by LLiddle View Post
I know 3 long times members of the large edf community who have bought fans from you that were Extreme disappointments. None lived up to the promised performance and one was unusable (not balanced properly). That's the reputation that you have with those I know.
Show proof of your slanderous comments Lee Liddle. What a low dog thing to post up simply because you have no answer to facts. Show us proof of these fans that do not produce the same bench figures as tested, show me which one was unusable!!
While we are on the topic of slander your mate Par claimed to have purchased 2 fans from me, never did, he knew he never did, but he posted it up because instead of answering my questions he chose to attack with lies. When proven on open forum that he never purchased anything from me did he retract it? Nooo he is not man enough for that is he. And here you are doing his dirty work again pumping out the slander at another product without proof.

The reason that I prefer the Dynamax over the Ramtec is that it's an easier conversion. At power levels below about 8kw is can be easily done with off the shelf parts. Also all parts are interchangeable. The Ramtec has 3 different blade types and at least 2 different diameters. That alone was a big negative for me.
What absolute rubbish, the Ramtec comes off the shelf as an 11 blade fan unit, has done for years now, and unlike the unsupported dynamax the ramtec can also be ordered as a 12 blade rotor for those who want a different sound, its the same diameter its always been and has a standard 8mm collet. A plug and play fan is such a negative eh?? no your negative was it was developed without need for your input.

BTW you've been using the "waiting on an SHV esc" excuse for years now. Hint....Flier Models. They've been selling good shv esc for years. Are you waiting for the AUD to appreciate so that you can afford one? That will be a long wait. Iron ore and wool just won't buy what they used to. LOL
LOL you are a class act in BS aren't you, I only thought about running more than 14 cells this year after being asked repeatedly about the idea. I have been selling Ramtec 14 cell fans with matching ESC for YEARS.
As for making fun of someone else's country, imagine if we did that to the USA on the forums, the flames would be atomic because you guys cannot handle competition nor can you take a joke.
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:36 AM
  #18  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Let's see, the original Ramtec was 9 blades, now it's 11 blades, or is it 12 blades? Sounds like 3 different blade designs to me.

Proof of the rest is out there on the web. Do you really want me to dig all of the complaints up and repost them here? Sorry, I've got better things to do. Like run my 22s Dynamax that produces 34lbs of thrust. That's 15kg btw.
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:49 AM
  #19  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by LLiddle View Post
Let's see, the original Ramtec was 9 blades, now it's 11 blades, or is it 12 blades? Sounds like 3 different blade designs to me.
Yup the original 80's design was 9 blades, were you asleep when it was updated??? Now its 11 blades and this is the standard fan unit, all testing based on it and is well documented. And amazingly enough a 12 blade version has been tested too but it likely wont become a standard product because the 11 blade has been around for a few years now and is well proven.

Proof of the rest is out there on the web. Do you really want me to dig all of the complaints up and repost them here? Sorry, I've got better things to do. Like run my 22s Dynamax that produces 34lbs of thrust. That's 15kg btw.
Empty chest beating to try and diffuse the situation you have created. End of the day your personal attacks say much more about you than they do about me. If you got better things to do go and do them, byebye have a nice day lol.
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:57 PM
  #20  
LLiddle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I don't have to dig up your past incorrect statements (that's stating it lightly), you keep me busy with the stuff you post these days.

I'll tell you what I'll do. You can post anything you want about the Ramtec on threads that are titled as such and are dedicated to that subject, and I won't bother you even if it sounds like total bs to me. But when you come on to a thread that is about the Dynamax and state half truths to mislead others and shill for the Ramtec (like you did on this one), know that I'll call you on it and do so however I choose.

Par has worked hard for years and invested a great deal to accomplish what he has and I won't stand by and watch some like you try to work against that in any way. I own proof of his success, a Dynamax based fan that produces 34lbs of thrust.

You mind your business and I'll mind mine. Do what you did here and I'll be all over you. That's how I work. Now you know for sure how it works, it's your choice.
LLiddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM
  #21  
Extreme_RC
 
Extreme_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by LLiddle View Post
I don't have to dig up your past incorrect statements (that's stating it lightly), you keep me busy with the stuff you post these days.
More chest beating to redirect your pathetic lies, again as I have said its pretty obvious where you are coming from, now you try a different tact and get on your high horse thinking we are all going to buy it?? Sorry not buying it!! You show me my incorrect statements, not including this thread as I already debunked your attack in here.

I'll tell you what I'll do. You can post anything you want about the Ramtec on threads that are titled as such and are dedicated to that subject, and I won't bother you even if it sounds like total bs to me. But when you come on to a thread that is about the Dynamax and state half truths to mislead others and shill for the Ramtec (like you did on this one), know that I'll call you on it and do so however I choose.
Tell you what I will do, first up I will ignore this attempt to save face. Second I will post whatever I want that is factual or questioning just like I did in this thread, and you just keep your skewed biased nose out of it, simple. If you have something intelligent to say in response to a question then feel free to do so, otherwise keep quiet, I don't want to see your personal attacks and lying BS accusing me of stuff that is completely false all in the name of defending a guy who chooses to lie about someone else then not face them when caught out.

Par has worked hard for years and invested a great deal to accomplish what he has and I won't stand by and watch some like you try to work against that in any way. I own proof of his success, a Dynamax based fan that produces 34lbs of thrust. You mind your business and I'll mind mine. Do what you did here and I'll be all over you. That's how I work. Now you know for sure how it works, it's your choice.
FYI I have never worked against his product and whatever he achieves I wish him well despite his personal attack. What I did have was questions, I raised them in his original thread, I asked why are you stating this is so efficient and the best efficiency you have seen when it was clearly not, proven in videos of other products doing the same thrust or more for less watts consumption. The response was to attack me personally and accuse me of supplying him with fans that I never did, then when caught out he hid, refused to discuss it privately, and ignored it when called out on open forum.
So you continue to make up lies and slander and I will be all over you in whatever thread, I don't need to tell you how it works you seen it already. I'm sure you must be tired from all the chest beating so if you want to save face don't reply again and I will ignore you.
Extreme_RC is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy