Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

free wing F 16 Jet front FOAM BUILD

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

free wing F 16 Jet front FOAM BUILD

Old 07-18-2018, 05:01 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default free wing F 16 Jet front FOAM BUILD

HOW CAN I STRENGTHEN THE BOTTOM FOAM DUCT FOR BELLY LANDINGS on grass , I dont like the small from wheel for take off in grass, I have to do something so if I can hand launch [can this model be done ].
Old 07-29-2018, 12:37 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Easy to do, get from your hobby shop some light fiber cloth and lay it over the belly with slow cure epoxy or even water base resin will do. I suggest fit under each wing little ply fin/skid to protect your linkages and avoid possibility of wing tip digging into the ground on landing. I have done hundreds of flights with similar size 64mm "F-16" model by Kyosho back in the old days of brushed motors, bungee launching them , much safer than hand launch, unless you really know what you are doing.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:12 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F16 fix for grass landings

Originally Posted by Joseph Frost
Easy to do, get from your hobby shop some light fiber cloth and lay it over the belly with slow cure epoxy or even water base resin will do. I suggest fit under each wing little ply fin/skid to protect your linkages and avoid possibility of wing tip digging into the ground on landing. I have done hundreds of flights with similar size 64mm "F-16" model by Kyosho back in the old days of brushed motors, bungee launching them , much safer than hand launch, unless you really know what you are doing.
Thank you because I never thought about-the skids to add to the wings
Old 07-30-2018, 12:12 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

My catapult set up.
This might give you little hint, I use on all of my catapult launchers to protect wing tips and servo links.