Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

64 MM f16 by free wing I do not see 1 cooling vent

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

64 MM f16 by free wing I do not see 1 cooling vent

Old 07-24-2018, 02:55 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 64 MM f16 by free wing I do not see 1 cooling vent

the 64 MM f16 by free wing I do not see 1 cooling vent for
the esc or the battery compartment , is there some explanation for this ,should I add vents? hmmName:  confused.gif
Views: 82
Size:  1.1 KB
Old 07-29-2018, 12:09 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Ahoj Kocka, beautiful action shot of your Falcon. It's a rarity seeing female flying RC jets, keep it up! In regards to your ESC, place it in the position to get some air flow over it, which often needs some mods or simply create some air scoops to get air over it also for your battery if you are concerned.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:02 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default those jet vents cooling esc and battery

Originally Posted by Joseph Frost
Ahoj Kocka, beautiful action shot of your Falcon. It's a rarity seeing female flying RC jets, keep it up! In regards to your ESC, place it in the position to get some air flow over it, which often needs some mods or simply create some air scoops to get air over it also for your battery if you are concerned.
those jet vents for cooling esc and battery ,yes I see your point because I have done this with prop planes even though they do not get as hot as a jet set up., what if I should run some soda straws down the front nose to the ESC area and the Battery?
Old 07-30-2018, 12:32 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Made up air scoops for batt. and ESC cooling, note the air exit at the rear above my ESC.

Extra cheater on the belly for more cooling of ESC and Batt.
Forget about drinking straws, it wouldn't have any cooling effect!!! No idea where your ESC is mounted, but if you are concerned about running it hot place it in the position where part of its heat sink is exposed to the air intake or exhaust outlet. It might take some foam surgery and re-wiring. Small air scoops or cheater hole is another alternative, as encl. pics.