Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What ie ratio of ducted fan dia. to outlet dia. on plane?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

What ie ratio of ducted fan dia. to outlet dia. on plane?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 12:05 PM
ziggy138

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What ie ratio of ducted fan dia. to outlet dia. on plane?

I got a ducted jet someone else built and gave to me. He put a 70 mm fan unit in a 30 inch wing span jet that has a 55 mm outlet hole in it. Plane will not get off ground from paved runway or "just flies" if it does make it to air.This person put a 6s 2150 KV fan motor on this small plane, but I think he used a 3s or 4s battery. Plane is way under powered and no way to put a 6s battery in it. Weight of plan with out battery is 28 OZ. I am thinking a 64mm set up for 3s or 4s would make a better fit and with higher KV motor of around 3500 plus KV should put out around 30 OZ thrust. I think that should fly at a reasonable speed for first time jet pilot. Any help here would be greatly appreciated by me. Thanks for your time.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:49 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

use an area number based on fan swept area(diameter of fan blades minus the diameter of hub/motor).
depending on total number of blades(fan density), a percentage of the fan swept area of a minimum of 85% up to 100% or greater is recommended.