Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My Micro Review Of Multiplex Micro Jet

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

My Micro Review Of Multiplex Micro Jet

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 04:28 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Micro Review Of Multiplex Micro Jet

I saw a vid where the guy just let it fly out of his hands, no launch at all, that's the power system I want for it
Old 05-15-2006, 04:35 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Freak - that would also mean a lot of torque rolling too right? My bungee was really cheap to make and I do not have any launch issues with torque rolling etc.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:47 AM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

If you have a TX that allows you to program phases, you can put it in launch phase. I did so and gave one elevon 2mm up trim, and the other 3mm. This takes care of the torgue effect at low speed acceleration plus I dont have to hold the stick back. Once up, I flip the switch, and it gradually returns to neutral in a second or 2 (My TX allows me to put in a delayin between launch and flight phase, so it doesnt just snap the elevons down and change controlls instantly).
Old 05-15-2006, 05:14 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

Sounds like a killer TX, what make and brand is it? Do you reccomend any that will do the same along the inexpensive lines if it's expensive, I have a futaba 4y, will outgrow it very soon, looking to upgrade to something that has a brain like that, sounds like an awesome way to go!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:28 AM
Freakazoid

Here it is:

A Graupner MC-19.
Costs a whopping 526.50 dollars complete with coil rubber short antenna and pult braces, but I guess this is one of those TXes you buy for life.

Its a european brand with 35 and 40Mhz. so I dont know if theres one for you americans.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:41 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

Can you slow that animation down a tad "greatly" bit so I don't get dizzy, hehe. Expensive for any form of new start up, too bad those types of features can't be done in a cheaper one with different freq.. I'll rough it for now.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:10 AM
Freakazoid

Better?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:21 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

Hard to type while drooling on the keyboard
Old 05-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Freakazoid

Sometimes theres tomuch switches to deal with though. Sometimes I have to actually fondle the top left panel and count the switches to find the right one. [&:] (1 = dualrate on elevator, 2 = dualrate on aileron, 3 = expo on/off, 4 = phase picker, and with my heli theres even a 5 = gyro HH on/off, and slider1= gain.)

But anyway, the small size of the microjet scared me a little. I find it to be simply to small for high speed flying, because with 1 throttle fart, its already a dot. Im thinking of stripping out the electronics, and selling the chassis on for half price, so I can use the guts on some pylon plane thats atleast 30". I cant deal with this 24" blue bullet, even with the bright red stabs on it..

In case I didnt show it yet, here it is:
Old 05-15-2006, 06:40 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

Mine is already stripped out sitting in the rafters, I could never get it to fly without adding some oversized canards, I've heard alot of people could never get it to lauch. I'd love to be able to interface with my receiver via. computer keyboard, it's so much easier to control the sims and games that way since it's alot easier to allocate a button for each action, I hate console games for that reason, it's cumbersom.

Guts in mine are in my Tiger, esc fried when I hit it with too hot of a battery, motor is a dead unit since I nosed it into the ground after I changed it into a tractor, ie. placed the motor on the nose and hit the battery back. So have run the gambit with this one without proper success.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:50 AM
Freakazoid

Heres my maiden attempt. http://airtoimedia.nl/web/upload/Fre...-%20Maiden.avi
Didnt go so well. [:'(]
Old 05-15-2006, 06:55 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

link crashed my media player, you need to form a proper link, the spaces are auto filled in by windows, that's why you don't want to name files with spaces in them.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Freakazoid

"Rightclick > Save target as.." Buh?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:37 PM
drunken pilot

just bought a micro jet last week.... the setup is:

mega 16/15/4
hyperion 3s 2100 16C
CC 35 speed controler
5x5 or 6x4 prop

since i don't have motocalc or a radar to know its speed... has anyone an idea of what speed it could reach?

note: I even sanded the foam dots everywhere on the fuse so add an easy 2mph
Old 05-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Freakazoid

The nobs are there for a reason you know. The dots create a super thin layer of air on the surface, so theres less friction. Atleast thats what I heard when I asked multiplex through email.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:32 PM
tIANci

Drunken - I suspect that with the 5x5 you will touch about 28K or more RPM and pulling around a shade over 30A. Its fast! I still find the ZAGI prop to be really good. If you wanna have a hot motor in her maybe prop it down a little to a 4.75x4.75. You will pull less amps and things might be better.

I am waiting for mine to come for a Feigao 3,600 KV motor. I wanna see how much fun it will be.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:23 PM
drunken pilot

this might not be usefull... but i just can't resist telling everyone...

yesterday i flew my microjet with some friends watching. i tryed to go as high as i could to dive and get some insane speed. then, while i was doing the dive, i saw them looking at something on the ground, at about 1 meter from each other, both crouched. i wanted to scare them by making a low pass over their head at wot... actually, the plane went lower than i thought and passed between them at over 100mph!!![X(](maybe alot more I dont have any radar as said earlier). unfortunatly, i have been unable to regain control after having pulled up to much, too fast and my one piece fuselage became a...lets say... i didnt count the pieces ok

the moral of that story is: never do this to someone over 60 or he may do a heart attack

btw, im using hot glue to put pieces back togheter... it does a good job but ive heard about ''CA'' glue... what are the letters C.A. for and is it better than hot glue? thx everyone
Old 05-21-2006, 11:37 PM
tIANci

DP - you need to stop drinking and flying! Seriously, its not wise to fly something of about 2 lbs at over 100 mph at people. Its nuts ... but at least no one got hurt!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:53 AM
Freakazoid

If that plane scuffed me during that little stunt, id be feeding it up every orifis of your body, so its a blue christmass whenever you sneeze. [&:] Seriously, you get kicked off the club if you do something like that over here.

Anyway, CA means Cyano Acrylate. Its a nice glue, wich multiplex reccomends on using actually, but I dont like it too much because it turns brittle. Id preffer rubber epoxy.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:05 PM
tIANci

Freak - Blue Christmas? Hahahahahaahahaa ... I prefer to use CA (aka Crazy Glue, Super Glue), its a lot faster. Great for the elevons too, I add some and they don't tend to tear at all. I am told I have to wait for 2 weeks for my new MJs to come. I ordered 4, 2 for me and 2 for 2 pals. I will use a Feigao 3,600 KV motor, something akin to the Mega 3 or 4 turn. Hope its fast but I will definately not wanna scare anyone in case you give me a Blue Christmas!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:40 PM
steve9mm

Can I buy a launcher or does everyone build their own?
Old 05-22-2006, 03:30 PM
tIANci

Just build your own ... its totally simple ...

1. get about 15' of surgical tube.
2. attach about 10" of nylon cord to one end, terminate with a small loop, this will be the end that secures to a spike
3. attach about 6' to other end, terminate with a small loop, this will be attached to a release mechanism (8" screw driver driven into the ground will work fine)
4. attach another 3' cord to second end of bungee, terminate with a ring, this attaches to the plane's tow hook.

Secure the bungee with a spike (try to use the spikes that you use for dogs, a flying spike is NOT funny) and pull the bungee till it loads up and then hold down with a long screw driver. Attach ring to plane. Leave plane on the ground. When you are ready, hold some UP elevator and release the screw driver. The plane will lift off wihout any torque roll and when you power up it will just fly away happily. How much to load the bungee? Its by experimenting or use a fish/spring scale, give it about 2-3 times more than the weight of your plane.

All that should cost you no more than USD20. It beats botched up launches!
Old 05-26-2006, 09:27 PM
drunken pilot

this thing is hard to keep in sight... ive had a terrible crash because it entered a spiral dive near the ground... i could do nothing but wonder if pulling up would be any use (actually i couldn't tell if it was coming towards me or getting away)

...which brings me to my question: is there any way to get only the elapor frame? the kit comes with servos and motor but i already have all that stuff... all i want is the frame so i can get something lighter than my old MJ already full of glue...[&o] is there any serial number to order only the frame itself? thx everyone
Old 05-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Freakazoid

For a complete new fresh MJ body, you need MPX number 214169 (foam parts, 45 bucks), and MPX number 224169 (Plastic parts, 22 bucks). So you might aswell order the kit (MPX 214170) for 65 bucks so you get a free sp400 6v and its 3 bucks cheaper.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:20 AM
tIANci

Freak - I just tested my pal's Feigao today, its a 3,600 KV motor and these are the results I got:

APC 4.7x4.25 – 30,000 RPM
APC 4.5x4.1 – 33,000 RPM
APC 5.25x4.75 – 28,000 RPM

Are props safe to run at such RPMs? This baby will go into my new Micro Jet when it arrives. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.