Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

help me with some ideas

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

help me with some ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 08:27 PM
finchero
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me with some ideas

I would like a jet kit/arf that will work with my mega 16/15/3, castle creations 45 amp esc, and 3s3p thunder power lithium polymers(15 oz. capable of pulling 30 amps) the faster the better, anyone with some ideas.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:57 AM
viper21
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: help me with some ideas

Pick up an EJF Kevin Cox designed F18 and it will move out with that power system. You can look at them here www.ejf.com and its a snap to build if you keep it light enough and your equipment will if you use a small receiver and two small servos for the tailerons.
Viper
Old 12-03-2003, 03:02 PM
GCMDesigns

finchero

Or you could go with this F-15

Graham

visit www.gcmdesigns.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93041.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	79381  
Old 12-04-2003, 05:04 PM
finchero

thanks guys those two birds both look awesome. do you think that my thunder power 3s3p battery will fit with the kit design.also I was thinking about building something a little cheaper at first, I built a bungee launcher but haven't used it yet and I'm not too comfortable with it just yet.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:38 AM
finchero

alright this is what I have so far. It's made from a hand made foam wing cut myself. basically it's a foam and tape delta wing style jet. I figure this will hold me over until I can aford a better design. what do you think. it flys awesome at about 85-115mph(good guess),very fast. auw 38 ounces

Name:	Vt58667.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	80713  
Old 01-21-2004, 06:29 PM
mjblack

Finchero, think i can help, if you fancy a little, light and 100mph plus jet give us a look.

Our Jets are designed around the mega 16/15/3 or 2, my personal F-15 (which we kit) has a 16/15/2 in the rear with much the same power system you have and we lovem.
Very fast, very agile and moreover LIGHT unlike some others that have been mentioned. At the moment we have F-15, F-18, Mig29 due for kit completion early feb and the su-27 and mig25 will be availableby mid feb. They all use a similar system to the one you have mentioned and if you are anything like me a jet has to fly like a jet and that pretty much is what we have.

Hope to hear from you, best regards,

Micheal J Black

www.rcelectricflight.com

[email protected]

Name:	Sp45251.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	92982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65488.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	92983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35953.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	92984   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl26691.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	92985  
Old 01-25-2004, 02:43 PM
finchero

love it but I don't have any experience with depron. how easy is it to sand and what did you use to cover the f 15 with is that micro balloons
Old 01-25-2004, 04:29 PM
mjblack

dear finchero, depron is the new balsa....lol..no im exagerating, it is far easier to work than hard balsa and a little more damage resistance than soft balsa. It has a grain of sorts, and once i worked it all out, there are a few real advantages, one you can cut it with almost anything, a good trick if you want a slot in it..is to quickly run a hot soldering iron along a steel ruler adn the cut is perfect.

as far as glue , you can use foam friendly CA, but i have found a rather more effective glue! pu wood glue, wonderfull stuff, foams up, deosnt damage foam and a sight stronger than foam CA could ever be, also one the glue has gone off(about half our at room temp), you can sand it with the depron and wont cause you to get the starved horse effect when the glue is harder than foam, if you see what i mean. as for the finish, no need to worry about micro balloons, we use what you in the USA call spacke, a very ligth filler waterd down and slopped on, once dried, it sands soooooo easily and gives a flat finish, then paint. So far i and others have built one of our kits in 2 evenings using pins to hold whilst glue goes off, paintd on third, flying by the week end, its so easy to work , one of the main reason we sell the kits as i can CNC cut them with ease, adn if someone wants a demo i can build it in a couple of days from kits to complete fly aircraft! also the beginner can build one, it wil look nice and no real skill required only that you build it straight, i hope i have taken most of the straightening problems out, with well thought out construction, but im not the best judge of that..lol

The only downside to depron is that it can suffer fron hanger rash, but if filled it helps prevent that, my personal f-15 has had every possible power sustem from docile to completely stupid up it behind! and it still lives today after at least 40-50 flights, jist so you know, i tried out a hacker in it on saturday, which gave it 1.6-1 static and 1.1 inflight, apart from it being so far over weight, with 12 cells and a 7x6 prop fro torqu reaction, it was a delight (what i mean by that is thay a 22.6" grey streak of lightling on grey back ground, frightened the hell out of me) but my couterpart who loves speed loved it, too fast for me!

Please give me a mail or something and see what se can do because i think once you have played with depron, you will lovit!, dotn get me wrong i love balsa there is a real romance about it, but in this day and age you have to use all media that fits the use!, with the carbon tube and ties for strenght i cant knock it, living proof that a depron plane can handle over 100mph wi th stupid manouvers and not fold up(trust me jules my partner in business can and will test to the edge of the envelope and beyond!)

best regards, happy flying and hope to hear from you soon,

Micheal J black.

here are a couple of pics of construction of the f-18

Name:	Om32286.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	94116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20454.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	94117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16816.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	94118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha78534.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	94119  
Old 01-25-2004, 05:17 PM
finchero

I want a kit how much u.s. with shipping.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:08 AM
mjblack

Hi Finchero

The Shipping to usa is $20 and approx cost of kit is $95 depending on paypal's exchange rate.