Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need some HELP? ultrafly SU-27 Related

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Need some HELP? ultrafly SU-27 Related

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:09 PM
PHILB571
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some HELP? ultrafly SU-27 Related

Just got my Ultrafly SU-27 this week and i have been doin some reading and i now have a few questions as this is going to be my first elec. jet.

i have a e-flight hacker purple can motor 4900kv just sitting there i would like to put it in the stock config for the jet. is this feasible????? i really would like this to be a freakin rocket if i can get it right the first time out.....lol

i have the e-flight 20 amp esc to go with this motor and i would like to try and run the thunder power 11.1 2100mah pac......

also have 3 hs55 to run everything....... comments??

radio will be JR9303 w/ micro recv.

i will also be doing many mods to the control surfaces to make the as strong and as light as possible.

plz post comments and any reviews that might help with this project

thanks,
phil
Old 08-03-2005, 06:26 PM
clovus

Default RE: Need some HELP? ultrafly SU-27 Related

Hmmm,

I've also got the su 27 almost ready to go... I'm no expert, but...... I've heard the SU27 is not as fast as the BAE HAWK, due to the thick wing and draggy airframe. The consensus seems to be that you can load it up to a point and then it will not go any faster, the law of diminishing returns.

Also there are documented cases of servo and control rod failure, with the guys that run the SU27 with big brushless power systems using metal gear servo's. Bearing this in mind you may find the HS55 a bit too small (I've got JR371s). I'm also in the process of replacing my control rods- with a jet that can do 80mph the clevises etc are a bit too chintzy for my liking.

With lipo's they seem to need to be as far forwards as possible to get close to the COG... I hollowed out the nose cone (hope I don't lawn dart it). I have also ditched the lexan trays under the engine covers?? as I was concerned about too much weight behind the COG.

Look around there is heaps of info - just need to know where to find it.

Clive
Old 08-04-2005, 08:18 AM
jucava

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The instructions place the cg to 110mm to start but I fund that to be way too nose heavy, my cg is at 117mm and flies much better, even the elevator are level, before I need a lots of up elevator to keep a level flight.

I have a Thunder Power 1320mAh and give me more then 14 min with a Phoenix 25, Himax 2015-4100 with a gear box set to 4:4-1 and flies ok it is not a screamer, I'm going to try a Himax 2812-1080 outrunner and will see.

I'm using the Hitec hs-55 and so far so good, no problem.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:00 PM
PHILB571
My Feedback: (3)

thanks guys for all the info, im still in the gather and sort all info given stage, i found some stuff in rc groups that might help. i will have to make some mods of my own and try it out....

any otheer info provided will certainly help.....

thanks guys!!!!

phil
Old 08-04-2005, 07:39 PM
jucava

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extra underware for the test fly will help too.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:58 AM
cornetto

I just finished my SU27 and flew it for the first time last night! It's great. Here's a link to my webpage about it...

http://www.mrsquires.co.uk/planes/su27.htm