Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New HET-RC F-20 Tigershark Flight Video

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

New HET-RC F-20 Tigershark Flight Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 03:56 PM
CTulanko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New HET-RC F-20 Tigershark Flight Video

I just wanted to post a link to the flight video of the new HET-RC F-20 Tigershark. They will be available from Warbirds-RC and Mark at RT Models said he may be carrying some. My model's setup is as follows:

HET-RC F-20 Tigershark ARF Model
Scale decals included
Wemotec Minifan 480 Electric Ducted Fan
HET-RC 2W 20 700 Watt Brushless Motor
Hacker Master 70 Opto
Ultimate BEC
Kokam 4S1P 3200 20C Lipo Pack

Speeds were radar gunned at 109mph and the video should confirm that. I have a feeling this is going to be a killer selling model and more so with a pricetag for the ARF around $125 from what the vendors say!!! They should be arriving in the states in about 2 1/2 weeks or so, which is sooner than thought and they will come in two color schemes.

Now for the Video; Right click and save as for best viewing:

Video- http://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/carlshetrcf20.wmv

Enjoy,

Carl
Old 01-11-2006, 09:56 PM
falcon finder

Default RE: New HET-RC F-20 Tigershark Flight Video

Carl,

I have been flying electric for about 7 months. I have a few brushless stryker f-27 and brushless multiplex twin jet. I also live in Cincinnati Ohio. I am really looking hard at the het f-20. How hard is the build for a new guy.? Can it hand launch with the 700 watt motor. I saw a 950 watt motor for the and plane somewhere . I have never used a bungee.

thanks.

Mark
Old 01-12-2006, 04:20 AM
CTulanko

Mark,

The F-20 is an ARF, pre-covered in either the Gray Military version or the Red & White version. You can see and purchase them at www.warbirds-rc.com and he has a special right now until the end of the month on the F-20 and 700 watt motor combo. If you are fairly new, you may want to build it with a milder 450 watt power plant, which would save you about $100 over the 700 watt version. While it may be done, I have never hand launched the model. With the 700 watt motor and a 4S Lipo pack, mine weighed in at just over 51oz, a bit heavy to be tossing in the air by hand imho. The bungee is actually a safer bet and real easy to set up and use.

As far as building goes, it is a fairly simple build as it is an ARF. To summarize, you simply need to glue the wings, vertical and horizontal stabs, ailerons and elevator in place. Install the servos, fan, motor, ESC and make a exhaust tube, then glue on the fiberglass nosecone and tailcone. Finally, you cut out the canopy and install the battery. You can view the step-by-step photo build F-20 Assembly Manual that is included with the kit online here- http://www.warbirds-rc.com/ResearchCenter/index.htm . Note that you can enlarge any of the photos in the manual by simply clicking on it. While the manual has several photos, many of them are in place so you don't miss that "one step" that everone tends to forget now and then.

I noticed you are in Loveland, about 10-15 minutes away from me as I live about 2 minutes off SR32 at the Eastgate exit. You are more than welcome to come over and take a look at both versions of the F-20, along with some of the other models like the FA-18, Sniper and F-4D Skyray. I have had a couple friends over before that fly at Eastfork Lake and even helped one of them build his HET-RC FA-18 that he brought over. My only bad day would be Thursday, when my kids come over, but otherwise the door is always open. My online ID is also my last name and my number is listed, so feel free to call anytime after 4:30PM during the week if you have questions. If I can help make you successful, then I feel I did my job.

Have a great day and let me know if you need anything else,

Carl
Old 01-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Falcon Finder,
Carl is the man. Take him up on his offer. And you know me. It's a sweet bird.
This is the next step from the 100+ mph Strykers. Now you know where I am hiding out at.
Give me a holler if you need any help on the build.
I did an abreviated build on it at Watt Flyer.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2919

Here's how it turned out.

p.s. Remember that feeling when you first launched a brushless Stryker and felt the speed?
Get ready for it all over again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88335.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	386086  
Old 01-12-2006, 08:45 PM
falcon finder

GG

I think you have more than past over the dark side with your F-20. I am going to order it and try to get a hold of Carl. Great looking bird.

Falcon finder.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Glacier Girl

FF,
Thanks, and good luck with yours.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
CTulanko

Falcon,

I left you a voicemail on your pager last nite...did you get it? I will PM you with my info.

Carl
Old 01-19-2006, 04:32 AM
eulgeneral

Hello Carl,
I saw your launching system on the video. Could you please post some photos of it on the forum or mail me on [email protected]?

Thank you

Yannick
Old 01-19-2006, 02:44 PM
CTulanko

Yannik,

You can purchase the bungee launcher from Markos at www.Warbirds-RC.com and it is purchsed as two seperate items. the first is the launcher wirh the wheels, cables, nylon rope, loops and length of Bungee Cord. The second item is purchased seperately and is the Pedal Launcher. Since you are overseas, you may be able to find a vendor there. I know that both Wemotec and Jepe are the manufacturers and sell these launchers, so look them up in a search and you should get a bunch of hits with overseas vendors.

Best Wishes,

Carl
Old 01-19-2006, 04:31 PM
eulgeneral

Thank you, I will have a look.

I see that the tail of your plane is sliding on the ground during the launch. Isn't it dangerous? I plane to use this system for my sniper.

Thank you

Yannick
Old 01-19-2006, 08:06 PM
falcon finder

Carl,

I ordered the $47.00 bungee from warbird. Sounds like I also need to order the other option they list under the F-20 that is the bungee with wheels. Do these two item go together? I should receive the F-20 soon. I am fired up!!!

Thanks Falcon finder.

Old 01-20-2006, 01:11 AM
CTulanko

Falcon,

Yes, if you ordered the bungee, you still need the pedal. You can shoot an email to Markos to verify, but that appears to be the case.

Carl
Old 01-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Glacier Girl

Carl,
Where are you at on the retracts?
I saw the preliminary shots on RC Groups of the mains, what about the nose?
Steerable?
Old 01-20-2006, 10:27 AM
CTulanko

Glacier,

I am in the process of finishing the retract in the second wing. I still need to install a lower gear door mount and make and install the Fuselage gear door. With any luck this should be done by tonite and I hope to begin the nosegear installation this weekend.

I finished purchasing the rest of the items I needed earlier this week to include servos fo the air switch and nosegear. I do plan on making the nosegear steerable with it retracting forward just like the scale jet. Documentation has been taking longer than I wanted, but those wanting to use retracts should find the build fast and simple because of the pics, templates and docs. I have tried to make a design that is user friendly and completely repairable if necessary. Everything comes apart and the retract can be phsycally removed in minutes. Serviceability was the number one priority in the design and that did take some time.

I will try to post a photo here once I complete the second wing retract, so you can at least see what it looks like with "legs". Once I get all three gear installed and working, I will post a few more pics. I expect to finish it by next week, just as long as there are no forseen problems and I will keep you all up to date.

Carl
Old 01-26-2006, 11:14 PM
FullersRCHobbies

Do you guys have a website for the manufacturer of these birds? I can't seem to find one. I know Warbirds has them but I am a dealer in Arkansas and would like to get a couple. Thanks and good looking birds!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:17 AM
CTulanko

Fuller,

They at HET-RC have a website with a phone number here- http://www.het-holland.nl/ and while the site is very weak, it does list a name, address and number. I personally do not have their email address, but you can find him on RCGroups as Fritsvanbreemen and send him a PM.

I promised a few photos of the wing retracts once completed and I have indeed finshed them; You will find a few shots included with this post. All that remains is running the air hose for the rear Retracts. They have a really nice stance, work well and should be realitively easy to duplicate. I am currently working on the nosegear retract and hope to finish it this weekend. More to come on that little venture!

Cya and enjoy,

Carl
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96238.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	396180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32824.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	396181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90490.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	396182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp38316.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	396183  
Old 01-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Glacier Girl

Carl,
Again nicely done!!!!
You should get Larry and Marcos together and get it set up as an add on to the kit.
Going to be sweeet!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:50 PM
falcon finder

Carl,

The retracts look great. I received my F-20 and everything ship ok. I would like to look into doing the retract on my first F-20. Did you do this all custom?

Thanks

Falcon finder.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Glacier Girl

Falcon,
Nice kit huh!!!!
Carl did the prototype on the F20, and now he's got us all salavating on his retract set up.
He's going to be nice enough to give us the info/templates, etc so we can do it too.
Going to be sweet with gear. No more belly landings.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:48 PM
falcon finder

GG,

Great kit. I am just getting started. For a new guy like myself, it looks like things should go together without to much effort. Thanks to Carl with his detailed cd that comes with the F-20 even a new guy to the rc world could put this ARF together. I may try the retracts on my next build. Look forward to flying with Carl. I am so pumped up.

Falcon finder.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:32 PM
carlrich

Carl T.
Falcon Finder put up his F-20 and it flew great. Don't know that he was getting the 109mph you had on the video which was excellent by the way. Where you using 4s1p 3200 kokam, w2-20 motor and wemotec minifan for that flight? We checked his set up on watt meter and had 21Amps at 586 watts all out throttle with that set up. What did you notice for out put on yours?

Carl Rich
over in Hyde Park
Old 08-21-2006, 11:35 PM
CTulanko

Carl,

Great to hear it about Mark...I am going to have to call him with a congrats! Yes, I used the 2W20 motor, 4S Kokam 3200 and Minifan 480. The difference may be in the ESC as I used a Hacker Master 77-O that goes to 10S and has very low internal resistance. Moreover, I was able to program it with 2 degrees of advanced timing at 20 degrees, which got me 696watts right off the bat, then settled down to @660watts. Remember though that I was using one of the old 2W20 motors with white leads that had more power, but also had more problems. The newer black wire 2W20's will get more like 660watts, then settle to around 600watts, so your numbers sound good.

FYI, We maidened the new Minifan sized HET/RC F-16 Falcon today...it flew great and looks just plain sexy in the air...a lady to be reconed with!!! Once the bugs are worked out, it will be the hottest thing on the market, bar none.

Carl
Old 08-22-2006, 12:17 AM
carlrich

Carl T, we're going to get his F20 out again tomorrow (Tuesday) and give it a try again. We'll test a 4 cell 3700mah 20c Polyquest pack I have to see if we can get anymore juice! It's actually lighter in weight by 2 ounces. We had gone to Joyce Park which is far for both of us and were thinking of VOA for tomorrow. Is there a field near you somewhere and can you get free to fly anytime before 2pm? Would like your thoughts and to see what you are flying (F16)!
I am looking for something (DF) larger if I can find it without breaking the bank. Several places are selling a big F18 foamy 44" WS 68" long and are testing power systems but haven't yet shown a video. Speed is crucial so maybe the F16 until this big foamy is ready.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9&goto=newpost

Carl R.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Danker16

man i loved this plane the first time i saw it, i always been a fan of RCs, i have an RC truck and want a Jet too, how much will it cost me for a full setup of the F-20 with the entire package?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Kaw1000

ORIGINAL: Danker16

man i loved this plane the first time i saw it, i always been a fan of RCs, i have an RC truck and want a Jet too, how much will it cost me for a full setup of the F-20 with the entire package?
You probably be getting into bout $400 to 450 for plane and set up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.