Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Depron F16

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 05:43 PM
flyingace451

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Depron F16

The setup I have to put in it is about 600 watts.
*drools* that thing's gonna be a beast! Earlier in this thread they have the entire build covered, from the looks of it, it is a simple and straightforward build. Similar to 3D foamies, just a lot more foam and a lot more glue needed...and it looks better.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Buggygovroom

ORIGINAL: flyingace451

The setup I have to put in it is about 600 watts.
*drools* that thing's gonna be a beast! Earlier in this thread they have the entire build covered, from the looks of it, it is a simple and straightforward build. Similar to 3D foamies, just a lot more foam and a lot more glue needed...and it looks better.
I also want to put landing lights, cockpit LEDs, retracts and if I can figure out how I want to do a functional ejectable pilot with a chute
Old 10-06-2006, 07:40 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Buggy;

If you are gonna do all that - you gotta post pics as you build it

Great ideas - I wanna see video of the maiden too
Old 10-06-2006, 08:21 AM
DepronJet

ORIGINAL: Buggygovroom

I also want to put landing lights, cockpit LEDs, retracts and if I can figure out how I want to do a functional ejectable pilot with a chute
if you are going to put a 600 watt set up you will need to skin the underside of the wing with 1/32 blasa,

if you place the order i will include a 5.5mm dia C/F rod to cope with the extra wieght and a 3mm upper wing skin to allow you to put retracts in [8D]

since i made the T33 shooting Star a profile wing i know it will make such a huge visual difference to the F16 !

my only problem is time also once a design is done i think its down to buyers and builders to cusomise the kits as they wish

i too would like to see build pics and vid and i can assure you that i would include them on the F16 instruction manual Disk sold with every F16 [8D]

Ray
Old 10-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Buggygovroom

ORIGINAL: DepronJet

if you are going to put a 600 watt set up you will need to skin the underside of the wing with 1/32 blasa,

if you place the order i will include a 5.5mm dia C/F rod to cope with the extra wieght and a 3mm upper wing skin to allow you to put retracts in [8D]

since i made the T33 shooting Star a profile wing i know it will make such a huge visual difference to the F16 !

my only problem is time also once a design is done i think its down to buyers and builders to cusomise the kits as they wish

i too would like to see build pics and vid and i can assure you that i would include them on the F16 instruction manual Disk sold with every F16 [8D]

Ray
Im looking over photos here and there for some more details. I will probably do the flaperons, tailerons and air brakes. Probably wont add the LE flaps. I found a lighting system for strobe and wing lights, but what size retracts and wheels will be scale for this plane? I dont mind if they are mechanical. I dont think i'll do pneumatic unless its not really heavy. Im also most likely going to use this motor... http://www.dynamoelectrics.com/detail.aspx?ID=677 not the 16/25/3. I'll document everything as it goes in once I make an order and everything arrives.

B
Old 10-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Crash One
My Feedback: (42)

I'm not advertising for either group but Ray at DepronJet and Randy at Dynamo are both great guys to buy from. That would be one great build.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Buggygovroom

ORIGINAL: Crash One

I'm not advertising for either group but Ray at DepronJet and Randy at Dynamo are both great guys to buy from. That would be one great build.
I have had nothing but good experiences with randy, and will probably have the same experience with ray. No worries here
Old 10-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Nickj_UK

This is probably the most interesting read I've had in ages, all the way through this thread. Thanks to everyone for their input and views.
I think Santa needs to get me one of these later this year, it'll be a welcome relief from scatch built balsa wings, probably less messy too and cheaper than bending helis or sinking subs. Santa will be pleased about that for sure, I'll tell her later [sm=47_47.gif] !!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:07 AM
DepronJet

Hi Nickj_UK

Welcome to RCU
i noticed it was your first post,

there is some excellent topics and very helpful members too

Enjoy

Ray
Old 10-10-2006, 05:51 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Just like the enegizer bunny......still going I see.

First off, Hans, Wow thanks for the kudos, from the master himself.

Buggy, I run a 16/15/3 in mine, I used a simple clam shell mount. I think I got it from Randy. Worked out well.
Landing gear? You don't need no stinking landing gear. The F16 will hoover in and float on down. Honestly, I tend to go way overboard on anything I build, but I have to say the F16 as is, is perfect. Easy build, flies great. You will be amazed at what it can do in the air. It will vertical launch at 300 watts.......ok Terry it will also vertical drop when you dumb thumb it. But even a 50 foot straight in full power wack didn't affect the flight characteristics, just looked like an F16 Concorde after that.
If and when you get yours I'll be happy to help you on the build, I have some additions that will make it perform even better.
I love mine, and the Hawk, and the T33 on the way, and I haven't even seen it yet, and the. [8D]
Old 10-10-2006, 05:55 AM
Glacier Girl

Oh and did I mention the one upmanship part of it. The "mine's bigger then yours".
You pull out 5 1/2 FEET of bird from your vehicle and it tends to get people's attention.
And you should see the reaction when it's in the air. It will stop traffic, and draw a crowd.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:16 AM
TerryE

Having witnessed GG's lawn dart practice session, I can attest to the flyability of the F-16. Evan after the lawn dart, it still flew well, and was a blast to see fly.

Here GG is going for the first launch of the day... as you can see, that F-16 is B I G [X(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25951.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	538363  
Old 10-10-2006, 11:53 AM
DepronJet

Terry, Brad

ORIGINAL: TerryE

Having witnessed GG's lawn dart practice session, I can attest to the flyability of the F-16. Evan after the lawn dart, it still flew well, and was a blast to see fly.

Here GG is going for the first launch of the day... as you can see, that F-16 is B I G [X(]
just incase you missed the vid of the T33 here it is..

http://media.putfile.com/T33

i would also like to personally like thank Terry E who took my basic build manual for the Hawk and turned it into a master piece and has also done the same with the T33 Manual ,

the 3 Dollar Bills as payment are on the way to You

Ray

Old 10-10-2006, 12:17 PM
DepronJet

Brad

Finally i have your Nose cones ready for dispatch,
the T33 has taken longer than expected to get the Vacuum moulds Spot On !

i never flew the F16 at the airshows in the U.k during 2006 because the sales from the magazine article [8D]
but next year it will be flown and i know what you mean about
one upmanship part of it. The "mine's bigger then yours".
it will be flown at the 2007 airshows and unless someone comes up with a bigger kit over the winter it will still be the largest Production Depron Kit in the U.K [8D] or even the world MmmUuUHHAHHHAA... sorry i dont know what came over me for a moment !!

i am also going to try an EDF prototpye of the F16 and try a working efflux tube too[X(]
i dont even know if it will work but i imagine the last 3 clicks of the throttle would be used to reduce the diameter of the outlet!

i can only but try[8D]

in the pic you can see there is only ONE way this baby was going and that was UP !

Ray
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52104.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	538556  
Old 10-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Glacier Girl

Terry, hold out for the Abraham Washingtons, don't take the $3.00 bills.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:30 PM
TerryE

GG;

You know I know 'nuthin 'bout that fancy English-type money....

I figured with the exchange rate it would be worth at least $1.00 of "real" money
Old 10-10-2006, 01:45 PM
DepronJet

Terry

GG;

You know I know 'nuthin 'bout that fancy English-type money....

I figured with the exchange rate it would be worth at least $1.00 of "real" money

you Drive a Hard Bargain !!...OK its Queen Vicitoria Coin of the Realm !

Ray

Old 10-10-2006, 01:54 PM
TerryE

....um....isn't Queen Victoria DEAD???

How about some E.R. currency?
Old 10-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Nickj_UK

Our gracious Victoria dead!! No Sir!! That is a scurrilous rumour put about by ner do wells, rogues and the ill informed. She is in fact to be found in room 323 at the Old Queens building, Rutgers, New Brunswick which as everybody knows is a residential home build by John McComb for retired, deposed or otherwise discomforted members of royalty. It is a point of interest that this edifice is named after Charlotte of Meklenburg-Strelitz who is in the adjoining room, 324.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:55 PM
DepronJet

Terry

....um....isn't Queen Victoria DEAD???

How about some E.R. currency?
need i say anymore!! Nickj_UK confirms she is alive and well

i can assure you that the Coin of the Realm of Queen Victoria and her assurance to pay the promissory note of 'The Bank of Florence Nightingale" is Good money in Any country!!

Ray [8D]

Old 10-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Buggygovroom

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

Oh and did I mention the one upmanship part of it. The "mine's bigger then yours".
You pull out 5 1/2 FEET of bird from your vehicle and it tends to get people's attention.
And you should see the reaction when it's in the air. It will stop traffic, and draw a crowd.
Wow, that happened to me the other day! i got out of the car and my zipper was down!

oops
Old 10-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Buggygovroom

Im sure it will be a great build and an even better flier. I wanted to do landing gear, lights etc etc just for a scale look and so I could land on a runway and not screw up the belly of the plane. I got a 7 channel remote and haven't used channels 5-7 yet

I went overboard on the few builds that ive done. Mostly all for speed. I am out of room in the stryker to improve it. I have a HET f-18 sitting in the closet which will probably sit to the side for the depron f-16. I might just build the f-18 and shelf it untill the f-16 is complete.

Does the f-16 kit not take well to paint? So far every foamie ive painted its been a pain to get it to stick. Any suggestions?

Old 10-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Glacier Girl

not a problem at all on paint. I used water based craft paint on mine.
Check out post #408, and you'll see how well it hold up, unlike what happens to a Stryker wHEn it thumps.

Is QV staying in the same wing as Elton, one of the other queens? Or what's his name the guy from WAM, the one that has a driving problem lately.
Or do they put them in the "special" wing.

Terry the Abrahams's are Jeeves' masterpiece $60.00 bills.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:22 PM
DepronJet

Im sure it will be a great build and an even better flier. I wanted to do landing gear, lights etc etc just for a scale look and so I could land on a runway and not screw up the belly of the plane. I got a 7 channel remote and haven't used channels 5-7 yet

I went overboard on the few builds that ive done. Mostly all for speed. I am out of room in the stryker to improve it. I have a HET f-18 sitting in the closet which will probably sit to the side for the depron f-16. I might just build the f-18 and shelf it untill the f-16 is complete.

Does the f-16 kit not take well to paint? So far every foamie ive painted its been a pain to get it to stick. Any suggestions?
as i posted i will cut an upper wing skin to allow you to fit retracts into the profile of the wing
all i ask it a few pics for others to follow

there are lots of ways to paint depron, using an oil or water based paints are best
the secret is to try a test sample first

i openly admit i dont know every paint that is Depon Friendly.. so i always say Try then Apply !

Ray

Old 10-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Buggygovroom

ORIGINAL: DepronJet

as i posted i will cut an upper wing skin to allow you to fit retracts into the profile of the wing
all i ask it a few pics for others to follow

there are lots of ways to paint depron, using an oil or water based paints are best
the secret is to try a test sample first

i openly admit i dont know every paint that is Depon Friendly.. so i always say Try then Apply !

Ray

I use a lot of faskolor water based stuff. Createx is basically the same paint with more colors from a craft store at half the cost so i hear. I have yet to try createx but I might as well give it a shot. Can you throw an extra piece of depron in the kit so I can test paint on it and roll up drop tanks when the build is done?

B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.