Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

"E-Jet F-18 Hornet"

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 07:32 AM
redgiki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "E-Jet F-18 Hornet"

Does anybody know who makes this plane which was exhibited a the Toledo show, 2006?

The original image is here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/r...694/tol047.jpg

The size looks nice, but the price ($199.95!) looks nicer for that size of EDF.

Any ideas? I did some hunting... I think the sign to the left mentions "Robart" on the bottom, and the banner to the right says "rcveng***s.com". I couldn't figure out what the logo which ended in that swoop was on the left-hand side.

Any help would be appreciated; I've been looking for a good-sized foam EDF (not one of these 3 foot long deals), and this one might just be the ticket! If I can just figure out who makes it...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36638.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	458581  
Old 05-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: "E-Jet F-18 Hornet"

Well, I believe this is what you are looking for: [link=http://www.kmp.ca/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=134&osCsid=a290f274c2aa4cd16cb1e4c5bf3cc1ef]http://www.kmp.ca/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=134&osCsid=a290f274c2aa4cd16cb1e4c5bf3cc1ef[/link]

The CF 20th Anniversary scheme is not included. Good thing, as it is not a very copy of the real thing. No description on whether this is just an electric pusher, or something that can be glassed and converted to DF (twin midi's?).

Spar
Old 05-09-2006, 07:58 AM
redgiki

OK, so it just looks like it's an EPS airframe only, not an ARF of any sort. If they include some hardware, it might be worth the $180, but if it's just the foam frame? Meh.

Thanks for the link! I guess I'll be waiting until they actually release the product so I can get some final specs. Regardless, since it's EPS, I would certainly glass it. It's just too easy to destroy while carrying it to my car otherwise!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

This is a Kondor model products F-18. It will be an electric ducted fan and should be available in August. they say it can be hand launched.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:43 AM
clovus

Whoa,

I don't think I'm brave enough to hand launch that puppy unless there was heaps of power. Sure looks good, love the size tho.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Cpt.TYPHOON

I just got my F/A-18 Hornet last saturday from KMP (Mr Morrison) at Kondor in Canada Ontario (Thunderbay) base location.
It is a F/A-18 Hornet fighter jet of 44 inch wing and 63 inch long and it comes with weapon load for your underwing pilons stations. Pretty impressif for the price but to keep this jet strong to no damage it will have to be glass as all over for my part as I will do it scale. Mr Kevin Cox as done a thread of that same model from EJF with great building info at RC group website and more input are showed there too from other great builder about that product. By the way, KMP have a warrenty of their own if the model as some damage on delivery. You will need to contact them for that info. I will have to ask for a exchange on my canopy windshield as it came with a damage in the box. But as Mr.Morrison said on the warrenty advise, it should be replace with out any problem. Let you know later how it when for that warrenty protection.

Cpt.TYPHOON