Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RCGroups Problem.....

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

RCGroups Problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:10 PM
dbateman
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCGroups Problem.....

I use both RCUniverse and RCGroups and have for over 3 years now since getting back into the hobby. I have not been able to access rcgroups now for over two weeks from my home computer. There is no contact no. to call that i can find and i can only get on at work, but can't spend any time. Does anyone know how i could get through to find out what gives? Any help at all? Doug
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33886.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	795528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb88038.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	795529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94826.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	795530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu57785.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	795531  
Old 11-04-2007, 02:44 AM
marm
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: RCGroups Problem.....

thats wierd doug! you try clearing all files and cookies? no reason it should be anything on groups end i wouldnt think. if yahoo finds it in search its there so to speak.

Barry
Old 11-09-2007, 09:49 PM
papajeff

Doug,

That happened to me a few months ago. For my cure, I called AOL and talked to a techwho had me go to AOL Computer Check Up.....then go to One Click Fixes......then there are several tabs that you can navigate. Basically, you clean up a bunch old junk that has accumulated with just one click. Then find the "Cookies" and the "Java Script" fix....and do both. That sure solved the issue for me and I'm an "OLD DOG" Grandpa, so if I can do it....so can you. Let me know if it works.

Hey, very nice Jets! Give us some info on them and what's your dogs' name and does he work for TARGET??????
Old 12-28-2007, 03:24 PM
NoviMi

Hi...my friend had the same problem, and we finally got a reply from the Pres of RCG.
The problem is totally computer relarted, as his son coulkd get on with a different computer
and when my friend bought a new computer, he got right on. Good advice from someone
who said contact your ISP or E Mail provider for help. It is not RC Groups fault. Hope ive helped.
Novi MI
Old 12-28-2007, 04:39 PM
SackOHammers

Try this... to cleanup some files from your computer that might be getting in the way:

In Internet Explorer go to the Tools menu and choose "Internet Options".
Press the "Delete Files" button. Check the "Delete all offline content" box and press "OK".
Next press the "Delete Cookies" button and press "OK".

Regarding deleting cookies.... cookies store information about websites you have visited. Sometimes people don't like deleting their cookies because they hold information important to them. For example, it could be that everytime you visit rcuniverse, you do not need to "log in" with your username and password... this is because the information is stored in a cookie. If you delete the cookie then you'll have to logon the next time you visit the site. It can cause some people great frustration when they delete their cookies if they do not know the username and passwords to the sites they like to visit. So, please keep this in mind before you delete your cookies.
With that in mind... cookies are most likely the reason you cannot access that website.

If you want to selectively delete specific cookies for specific websites, they are found by going to:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Cookies
where "YOURNAME" is replaced with the logon account you are using on that computer. If you never created a logon account, try looking in the folder for the user called "Administrator".