Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

flyzone diablo

Old 08-17-2008, 10:13 PM
animal acker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: flyzone diablo

Ok, I shot down mt diablo with the help of my friend and his shotgun. Look up diablo rc plane shoot down success, on you tube.
Sorry I dont have the link right here. It is worth looking up.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:07 AM
nickelbn1
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

all i can find is that the transmitter that comes with the Diablo is a 4 channel, can anyone tell me if its 72mhz or not?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:41 AM
nickelbn1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

has anyone put in a brushless system into the Diablo and if so, which motor and esc did you use? how well did it work?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 PM
animal acker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey nicklbn1: Listen, You have a turd, the diablo is crap and a big headache. That is the gods honest truth. Dont worry about a brushless, or anything else for this jalopy. Here's what you want to do, first get some gas, and pour it directly onto the diablo, now it's important to get the gas all over it because you'll be sending it straight to hell. Next get a match, light it and stand back at a safe distance, finally throw the lit match upon the diablo and beholf it's tragic glory.
Afterwards, get a real plane and dont look back.
Oh and ...your welcome
Old 11-07-2008, 09:51 AM
nickelbn1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, good thing I dont like the Diablo. lol. Actually, I took it out on its first flight, and it was glitching big time. I mean like every 5 seconds. one time the motor stopped for 5 or more seconds and then kicked back in right before I landed. I barely landed it without crashing it. It was not good. I was not impressed with the quality of construction on this thing. It seemed too easily breakable and did not have very big rudders and stuff, and so, it did not turn very quickly at all. I was glad it was defective, because the hobby shop I bought it from got their money back on it, and then I was able to spend a little more money and get a Parkzone f4u Corsair rtf. And I have not flown it yet, but I have it put together and man, it is SOOO much nicer and better built. The motor runs sooo smooth. I think I will love it. plus it has the 2.4ghz radio system, so no more glitching!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
paul daniel

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi there, I thought I'd jump back in and back up AA's comments. I can't believe this thread is still even open. I too had a Diablo, note had. The whole set up with the twin pods and shorter wing. It came out of the box with shipping rash and flew OK except that it was wayyyyyyy underpowered. I took the dihedral out of the long wing and put ailerons on it thinking it would be a good sloper or a trainer for my daughter. Pulled it up trying to go into a split S and the wings folded. I took the servos out, ESC and chucked what was left. A for effort on this one but F for execution. For those that still think there's hope for it, give up! Here's a list of easy and fun planes to fly: ParkZone T-28 and Corsair, E-Flight Sea Fury, Great Planes L-39 and Multiplex Twister.

Paul
Old 11-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Brickwall143

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You have to move the battery as far front as you can, this will keep the plane level, also put the motor pod on the top of the plane, this keeps grass and dirt from getting jammed in the motor. I do have to warn you to never use the smaller wings, they have no lift and the plane will never stay in the air. I love the plane though.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:03 PM
animal acker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How can you love this plane? Have you had any others? If you must fly it though, and you want to use the small wings and enjoy it more, get a brushless motor and esc so it will at least fly properly. If you want to see this plane doing what it was truly made for go to you tube and type this in. diablo rc plane shoot down success.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Brickwall143

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is my favorite plane so far. At first the radio had a few bugs such as the motor shuting on and off really fast and losing control for a second, I switched the radio to a sapac 4ch and it worked better. I am thinking of putting a brushless motor in it, check my forum and help me out with it plz.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
amandal4913

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi if anyone wants to sell there diablo airplane ill buy it for a good price my number is 586 214 1344 frank
Old 03-21-2009, 05:00 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Where in michigan are you?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:46 PM
animal acker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

you fools need to wake up! this turd is only good for target practice! If you want to know what a real plane is get a twister or L-39 or any other plane. Not this flying abortion. To say this is your favorite plane tells me that it's your only plane. Jokers!
Old 05-09-2009, 04:45 PM
BCBasher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Why do people hate this plane so much? Once balanced it's a great first plane or half step up from a slowstick or similar. My buddy and i bashed these all last year and we could go out with 6-8 batteries and have devastating midairs tape up and be flying again in 5 mins. I'll admit they are a rippoff at full price but we went through 12 scratch and dents #11 and #12 are still flying with the spares from their fallen brothers. Hobby City (united hobbies, hobbking) have great cheap brushless upgrades for 1/3 the price of the ammo equivelents http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4198&Product_Name=HXT_2435_(370S)_4400kv_Brushless_Inru nner for example or the 2440 3790kv will do 3 or 4 cell the 2435 4040kv is nice aswell with less torque but a little more rpm than the 3790 on 3 cell. The people who badmouth these are used of a difernt caliber of plans meaning more work, more money, and more heartache when you inevitably ball one up. Check out this video 2 planes 1 day and 18 beer all stock brushed with the wings taped on, worth every penny and we were flying agan the next day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgSxJMBWGxw
Old 08-27-2009, 05:44 AM
kobijust

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hate to bring up a old thread but I already have 19 different planks including several brushless twin 70mm edf's. Bought 4 diablos on a whim from TH scratch and dent$54 shipped for 4 of them. 1 dead motor 1 missing charger but I was only looking at getting the bateries and edf units for some profile foamies. Put one together with a pod on top and bottom with a 2600mah 30c DX7 and ar 7000 and it was actually pretty fun to play with. Im thinking of doing a biplane with it next on 2 rimfire motors or even a triplane. My 9 year old wonts a set of wings on his slow stick so we will see how that goes. I would never pay retail for one but when they are that cheep you just have fun with them. Will post pics when done.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:44 PM
mitchll1088

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey i had this same prolem with my diablo my question is are you still using the stock tactic 4 channe tx and rx the reason i ask is i had the same problem worked fine till you got a few feew away and then **** hits the fan i took my transmitter apart to find the 20guage wire that connects the circut board to the antenna mount / screw was corroted and completly disconnected after soldering woked fine hope this helps

also i love how everyone is so quick to say this plane is junk i beg to differ my diablo flys just fine with all stock equip and no it is not my only plane have a whole hanger of "in-tact" planes champ mni cub super cub the diablo and a switch. for some reason people dont know how to balance a plane if the plane does not fly and you cant mod it to fly you shouldnt be flying rc airplanes sit back down to ur computer fire up the flight simulator and try learning again because simply put.YOU FAILED yes the plane is a bit underpowered to say the least but it is supposed to be an easy transition for the beginner toget used to it and modit to your personal prefrence that why that have all the optional parts and in the manual isclearly says for BEST performance use brushless motor and esc so insted of being so quick to judge to plane and manufacturers why not step back and put your own work under the microscope and im sure youl find out why its not flying
Old 10-22-2010, 04:28 PM
paul daniel

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dude: I fly EDF's all the time and had the honor (laughing here) to fly the Diablo. So I know how to set up an EDF. This thing with the single pod and long wings barely stayed in the air. All it really did was fly around. I could have run faster. Yes, I had a brushless motor in it. Then I went to the twin pod and short wings and it was a flying brick. After a while, it simply fell out of the sky. Dude it's a turd and for $200 you can do a lot better.