Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:17 PM
dece74h1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

Never flown before and want to start this hobby. Is the below jet (SU-27) a good equivalent to a trainer plane?? It says it flys low altitude and low speeds and comes with a simulator. I have an HET F-18 hornet in the box that I obviously can't fly yet. Thank you for any info you can offer me.
Bret

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-SU-27-Flanker...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-05-2008, 11:03 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

Why not start with a real prop trainer your local hobby shop should be
able to guide you in the right direction. Then when your ready take the plunge to park flyer jets
and welcome to the forums...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 01-09-2008, 10:21 AM
RickAvery

Bret,
I know that all of those sleek jets and speedy planes look great and must be a blast ot fly. They are . But they are not the way to go when getting into the hobby. P.Richards has good advice. Believe me, trainer planes ARE great fun to fly, and will teach you to FLY. Then graduate to the sleek jets and speedsters. You'll have a much better chance of success and will enjoy the hobby instead of being discouraged by it. Good luck.
Rick
Old 01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
LuckyArmpit

If you buy that jet and try to fly it, a good guess is your total flight time before you crash will be about 1/2 to 1 second.
You will either stall the plane and it will nose to the turf or you will be turning the sticks like a Japanese chef at Beni hana's.
Do yourself a favor, get a plane that has a high wing with lots of dihedral in it (trainer). Learn to fly it. Then get something with
ailerons like a Tiger 2. Then get a jet. Jets need lots of power especially in turns because the nose will drop a little if you aren't used
to them.
And most of the time, pusher planes or edf's need a very strong throw straight out and into the wind (if you hand launch).
Sometimes not the easiest to get into the air.

Lucky...
Old 01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
edberg

Hobbyzone Super Cubs make great first planes.

I taught my cousin on it, then moved him onto a T-28 Trojan. Once he becomes comfortable with it I might give him my Phase 3 EF-16 as his first jet.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Broken Arrow

I would suggest the f-15 RTF by E-DOMODEL.It is a edf jet like the f-18 Hornet,but better flight times and quality.You can find it on EBAY under "rc jet" for about $210. + Free shipping.I own 2 of them and they are great for slow or fast flying. you can get a grey or white version also. They are starting to show up for sale for much more money at rc stores as a New product just arriving to the market.Buy your self a simulator Esky for around $40.00 just to get the hang of it .Good luck!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM
F-16 Skywalker

Do your wallet a favor too, start out with a High wing trainer,as a new pilot in the learning
stage you will have a blast, my suggestion would be to master a trainer then go to a mid or low wing sport type prop driven aircraft and only after you feel comfy with the skills you developed then move to jets.(just my 2cents, not to discouraged you in any way,but if
you started out with the wrong type aircraft and it keep knocking at your wallet ,that may
lead you to a different hobby). This is an AWESOME hobby we are in and im sure others
here on RCU will be of alot of help and we wouldnt want to loose a new commer for reasons
that could heve been corrected early.Welcome to RCU.
Chuck