Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

(NITROPLANES.COM / BANANAHOBBY.COM)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

(NITROPLANES.COM / BANANAHOBBY.COM)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
natedogg101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (NITROPLANES.COM / BANANAHOBBY.COM)

WHEN IS NITROPLANES GOING TO RESTOCK THERE WAREHOUSE ALL THERE JETS ARE SOLD OUT FOR SOME TIME NOW AND AM WAITING, I WANA ORDER ONE ;-(
ANY ONE ORDER FOR WWW.BANANAHOBBY.COM SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT BANANAHOBBY AND NITROPLANES ARE THE SAME COMPANY?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 AM
crashinitup

Default RE: (NITROPLANES.COM / BANANAHOBBY.COM)

i found out that they are going to get more in 4-6 weeks.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
gmackaone

no they are not the same company but from what i understand the owner of banana hobby & raiden tech are related , there family ,are you sure you need to shop withu them? i used to work for them,im greg i tried so hard to get to al the customers orders but they would not let me do my job, people order things and they dont even have the items in the warehouse yet there still out in the ocean onn a boat! they ca care less for anybody, they care for the big spender ! any body need help?i can help! if you had problems with this company i can be of assistance. [email protected]
Old 05-10-2008, 04:57 PM
cobrajocky

ORIGINAL: natedogg101

WHEN IS NITROPLANES GOING TO RESTOCK THERE WAREHOUSE ALL THERE JETS ARE SOLD OUT FOR SOME TIME NOW AND AM WAITING, I WANA ORDER ONE ;-(
ANY ONE ORDER FOR WWW.BANANAHOBBY.COM SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT BANANAHOBBY AND NITROPLANES ARE THE SAME COMPANY?

NitroPlanes.com has about 20 "AKA's" for online stores... gmackaone is completely wrong. If you want proof, notice that they ALL have the SAME phone number, the SAME hours of operation (12PM - 7PM) and they all have the address or at least from the same city in LA County. Here's just a few I found to be connected to NitroPlanes - AKA RaidenTech, AKA eGrandBuy.com, AKA grandhobby.com, AKA zhobby.com, hobbypartz.com, bananahobby.com, wonderhobby.com, xheli.com and few other AKA's. Even their inventory (including what is sold out), pictures ,etc. that are identical. These guys have a real clever angle here, saturate the RC mail order market with dozens of store fronts that all belong to the same company.

I had to raise some hell with them for a couple weeks on an order that they sent the wrong plane and wanted me to pay the return shipping. Finally their manager or something that monitors this site corrected my complaint after thrashing them publically on rcuniverse.com. They have very good prices, just be careful, some of their styro planes are horribly under powered (watch the A-10 Warthog $95 forum string)
Old 05-11-2008, 06:08 PM
hpventusa
My Feedback: (18)

Nitroplane is not related to Bananhobby. We have the Jets in stock, ready to ship now! If you have any problems or questions about your order. We have a direct line just for RCU members. Call Ivan at 626-429-5289 to get your order issues solve! We want everyone to be happy about shopping with us. We are committed 100% in customer satisfaction. You do not get that from Bananahobby!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:14 AM
gmackaone

your in el monte down the street.listen i never knew there was another co, in the area if you dont mind is it open to the public?lets trade ideas
Old 05-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Hoghunter12

Hey all, I'm new here to the forum, and I just got one of them under powered A-10 Warthogs from Banana and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a company out there that has a upgrade package put together for this plane, or do you have to piece it together yourself. It would a great help if someone did, only because I read the A-10 Warthog for $95 thread and it seem to me that there's a lot of revamping of the new motors just to get them to fit...................................Brian B.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 AM
gmackaone

there is a way ! the A 10 thunder bolt battery needs a little more time on the charger, when the light on the charger says it's done charging disconnect,for about a minute then put back on chargerfor a couple of minutes that will give that extra boost to to get that bird in the air and also about the electronics read pre flight manual.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:18 PM
cobrajocky

ORIGINAL: Hoghunter12

Hey all, I'm new here to the forum, and I just got one of them under powered A-10 Warthogs from Banana and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a company out there that has a upgrade package put together for this plane, or do you have to piece it together yourself. It would a great help if someone did, only because I read the A-10 Warthog for $95 thread and it seem to me that there's a lot of revamping of the new motors just to get them to fit...................................Brian B.

Trust me, Richard on the A-10 $95 ARF forum string and I tried every possible combination to live with the existing Guanli setup and it is impossible. The plane is GROSSLY under-powered primarily due to really shi**y motors and anemic battery voltage selection. Banana, NitroPlanes, AKA et al HAVE TO KNOW that this plane is a farce in stock electrics. And what the H*ll is with AM 26MHz radios??? Are they (the manufacturer) kidding? Since my son and I both have ones, I have reason to complain, NitroPlanes should be ashamed selling this A-10 as a viable flight-worthy model in it's current setup. It is essentially useless without a major upgrade ($100 plus), in which case anyone would be better off buying the GWS kit and building it from scratch. I would NEVER recommend the Guanli A-10 to anyone to buy..... unless the price was $25 minus the radio and motors/ASC. The servos are (just) OK.

Now, not all the Guanli's are crap, I've seen the Me109 fly and it's not too bad and I have a FW190 that is aerodynamically sound but still marginal on power ... I immediately threw away the crap 26MHz radio parts and I'm upgrading it to Brushless / LiPO. Again, the servos are (just) OK.

I strongly suspect that NitroPlanes and all their AKA's like Raiden, are somehow directly connected to Guanli. They seem to have an exclusive on anything Guanli and they advertise for dealers, although only a very few in the LA area also list some Guanli models. Seems like everyone at NitroPlanes et al are Chinese, so who knows, many be Guanli owns them? (footnote- my wife is Taiwanese, so no prejudice inferred)

Exceed-RC are FAR - FAR better planes, Great Planes level. I bought my grandson the 3ch Exceed-RC J3 Piper for $69+ (at NitroPlanes) and the quality is three times better than Guanli and he's having a blast learning to fly RC at the local park. The radio at still unacceptable 26MHz, but at least they are FM proportional!

That's it, I'm out of here, 'nuff ranting.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Hoghunter12

Thanks for the input Webster, I just check my radio again and it's on freq. 72.790, someone from Banana or one of the AKA's must be reading these threads, and getting back to someone and telling them all the bad reviews their getting. My battery pack is 8 cell at 9.6 volts with a MaH of 650, motors I don't know. not about to rip them out just yet, seeing they changed the radio to 72 megs, don,t know if they revamped the whole electrics or not.....................Brian B.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:54 PM
cobrajocky

ORIGINAL: Hoghunter12

Thanks for the input Webster, I just check my radio again and it's on freq. 72.790, someone from Banana or one of the AKA's must be reading these threads, and getting back to someone and telling them all the bad reviews their getting. My battery pack is 8 cell at 9.6 volts with a MaH of 650, motors I don't know. not about to rip them out just yet, seeing they changed the radio to 72 megs, don,t know if they revamped the whole electrics or not.....................Brian B.

Are you sure your radio is 72MHz? I just looked at the Bananahobby.com and NitroPlanes.com website and they are still showing the POS 26MHz AM radios with both versions of the Guanli A-10 II. Where did you buy your A-10? You sure it's a Guanli?

9.6v and 650 mAh is no way enough power to lift and fly the GL or any A-10 of this scale, and if you've got that battery - you've got the POS motors.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Hoghunter12

Are you sure your radio is 72MHz? I just looked at the Bananahobby.com and NitroPlanes.com website and they are still showing the POS 26MHz AM radios with both versions of the Guanli A-10 II. Where did you buy your A-10? You sure it's a Guanli?

9.6v and 650 mAh is no way enough power to lift and fly the GL or any A-10 of this scale, and if you've got that battery - you've got the POS motors

Yes sir, I just looked again, 72.790, and the reciever crystal is also tagged the same. I got it at Bananahobby about two weeks ago, and the box is labled Guanli A-10. What do you suggest I use for for a battery, I'd like to go lipo...........................Brian B.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:52 AM
gmackaone

ORIGINAL: natedogg101

i remember you how are you?natedog!!!need anything?
Old 07-02-2008, 03:08 PM
chlow

Don't know if they are the same, but I'd be very very careful about doing business with BananaHobby.

I bought an RC Helicopter 3 weeks ago. And I have been diligently trying to work with them to get me a replacement charger that did not work out of the box.

Emails to support yields no response. And Today all their phone numbers don't work.

I am trying to return it now and hope the credit card company will cooperate. Maybe that will get me some response.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Mannhobby

Hey guys...

If you guys have problems with other company, why not try www.MannHobby.com for all your RC needs, they are new but they have better service... give it a try...prices are not bad.....