Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need for speed on 3s packs

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Need for speed on 3s packs

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need for speed on 3s packs

so I have 3 11.1v 1500mah packs(electrifly) all are almost new...been flying for years but mostly 3-D planes, so I picked up a Diablo on scratch and dent on tower, put the advance wings on it, and even cut about 3/4 inch off each wing tip and each tail tip, took a 1/2 inch of the leading edge, made a new engine nacel and exhuast duct thats on the top...and added an electrifly 20-40-3500kv motor, and an SS-25 esc....and its still slow, granted its a heck of alot better then originally, but on a clam day the thing just crawls down the field at maybe 40mph if Im luck, looks for like 30 at best...if I have some help from the wind its a fun plane...BUT I NEED MORE POWER!!!!...I ordered an XF fan but dont know what motor I could run on my ESC and packs and see a considerable gain, so helps appreciated, according to charts on electriflys page I should be making 13.2 ounces of thrust...dunno if it is of not, but I definatly need some more grunt behind it when I drop the hammer...no more tug or war just to stay in the air...
Old 08-06-2008, 06:51 PM
jimjet45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need for speed on 3s packs

Hi we do a ME 163 Komet and with your motor it should do around 165mph with a dive.
Check out You Tube on Fox Composites rocket test or something like that.
With the added rocket they radar clocked it at over 200mph. Glides great as well but not for beginners.
Jim on [email protected]