Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Problems at SEFF?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:47 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Problems at SEFF?

Anybody know what happened at SEFF that pissed off BV so bad? He's got a new piece on his home page, "SEFF No More" where he complains about the event director being "impossible to deal with" and "abuse to participants". Guess they packed up their stuff after 2 flights and left.

SEFF is one of the premier electric events and this is sort of surprising.

Craig

Old 05-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems at SEFF?

I dont know , but I was headed down there to see the new electric stuff BV has, not sure now. I was interested in looking at his new high power units. I hope BVM goes to Fentress and hopefully I will be able to go too.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Kriptonic69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CraigG

Anybody know what happened at SEFF that pissed off BV so bad? He's got a new piece on his home page, "SEFF No More" where he complains about the event director being "impossible to deal with" and "abuse to participants". Guess they packed up their stuff after 2 flights and left.

SEFF is one of the premier electric events and this is sort of surprising.

Craig

BV is not impossible to deal with.

I was an abused participant........ never again will I go go SEFF.

Gene
Old 05-16-2008, 04:07 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny the majority of the forumers in RC Group are of the opinion that BV was out of line. Try reading it ... some seem to know what happened 'first hand'. But from my emails with him ... he is a sweet old man ... anyways, its a hobby and its supposed to be fun!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:54 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

This topic got picked up on the main jets forum; "bv packs it in". On the 24th post, Bob Belluomini finally gives a first hand account of what happened. Not the whole story but at least part of it.

As usual, there seem to be opinions on both sides.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Gordito Volador

Craig,

I believe Bob's account of the incident way more than most of the drivel that has been posted on the other site. It's a shame that it happened. As we all know BV is BV and that's about it.

Regards, Bill
Old 05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's face it, BV is a professional, what he lacks in tactfulness dealing with people, he makes up for in his strive to produce a product that he will support and that has been proven to work. I can imagine his frustration with a huge number of "foamies" in the air and him trying to fly his very fast, very expensive, demo planes. I saw them fly at TG and was impresed that he was getting this type of power and performance from them, I would have thought the electron crowd would have been beside themselves with the technology e was bringing to the table. I can aso sympathize with him if he was trying to fly, avoid all the park flyers, and being yelled at by a flight boss. It would aggravate the best of us, and he was a fighter pilot, and he is as good on the sticks as anyone.
After reading what the people who witnessed this had to say I can imagine that both parties are to blame. Too bad they pissed him off though, it would have been good to keep him on their side. His voice does speak volumes. It may not hurt them in the short term, but like the sign says...
"Lord grant me the serenty to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people that I had to kill today because they pissed me off and also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on today, as they may be connected to the butt I have to kiss tomorrow".
Old 05-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Gordito Volador

Doc,

I could not have said it better myself.

Regards, Bill
Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DocYates
"Lord grant me the serenty to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people that I had to kill today because they pissed me off and also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on today, as they may be connected to the butt I have to kiss tomorrow".
Fan-freekin'-tastic.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:04 PM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

ORIGINAL: DocYates

Let's face it, BV is a professional, what he lacks in tactfulness dealing with people, he makes up for in his strive to produce a product that he will support and that has been proven to work. I can imagine his frustration with a huge number of "foamies" in the air and him trying to fly his very fast, very expensive, demo planes. I saw them fly at TG and was impresed that he was getting this type of power and performance from them, I would have thought the electron crowd would have been beside themselves with the technology e was bringing to the table. I can aso sympathize with him if he was trying to fly, avoid all the park flyers, and being yelled at by a flight boss. It would aggravate the best of us, and he was a fighter pilot, and he is as good on the sticks as anyone.
After reading what the people who witnessed this had to say I can imagine that both parties are to blame. Too bad they pissed him off though, it would have been good to keep him on their side. His voice does speak volumes. It may not hurt them in the short term, but like the sign says...
My experience is the other way around, nice to talk to but if you try to get parts for his fan system, motor , no go..so the support end has been lacking from my view point.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:34 PM
rvincent

It was really pretty simple, we all had "areas" we had to fly within. He ventured out past the limits of the sport arena and was reprimanded by the flight boss. So was I several times Face it, when flying 150mph + EDF's, it is difficult to stay within a small boundary. A simple left turn before the end of the sport area was all that was needed to correct to problem. He really didn't need to get so offended. Any of us that were flying fast jets at least once got yelled at for entering the parkflyer area And the parkflyer guys got yelled at for entering the Sport flyer area too. The flight bosses at SEFF did their jobs fairly and no one was singled out
Old 05-19-2008, 12:46 PM
tlrascal
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what happened at SEFF because I wasn't there but I have had experience with Bob Violett for over 40 years. He is a difficult person to deal with, he is always right and seldom helpful. I have talked to several vendors who he has stiffed over the years and I have no repect for his business ethics. This is just my opinion.