Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fastest 70MM EDF?

Just wandering what the your take is on the fastest 70MM EDF plane and setup would be. I'm looking for a new plane and don't know what to get. I would move up to a larger fan and will if I can get something to bungee luanch and belly land, The field I fly at is not in the best shape and don't want to take off the landing gear. I've ripped tail wheels off just taxing around, so retracts are out! I would prefer to stay away from foam. Ive had a couple of HET planes and they have all flown well, and may just change the set-up in one of those to get more speed. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fastest 70MM EDF?

Pretty insane would be an HET sniper with 6904 fan and 2W25 on 6 cells, a good 1100+ watts and should be damn quick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: extreme_rc

Pretty insane would be an HET sniper with 6904 fan and 2W25 on 6 cells, a good 1100+ watts and should be damn quick
    On that set up you only call it damn quick? Hahahaahahaa ... I would say the speedo is stating 'Absurd'
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice ...
    Revver Brotherhood No. 232

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is your bunge lunch set-up for the HET jets?

Which HET Jets do you have?

Do you have any launch tips?

I am building a HET jet right now and I have never done a bunge launch...[:-]

D
    Corsair Brother #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: devens

D
    I have two F18 single engine planes now and I'm torn between the F16 and the Super Sniper. I've also thought about building the twin F18 with a hot set-up. As for as the bungee launch, we use 20' of 3/16 bungee chord and stretch it as till it is tight. Make sure you stretch it all the way or the launch will not be pretty. when you let it go make sure you have full up elevator and don't hit the throttle till the plane starts to move. If you hit the throttle before you let the bungee go it will get slack and tear the hook out. In my opinion the bungee is a safer launch method the hand launching. You don't have to worry about a bad toss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: carter3

ORIGINAL: devens

D
    I have two F18 single engine planes now and I'm torn between the F16 and the Super Sniper. I've also thought about building the twin F18 with a hot set-up. As for as the bungee launch, we use 20' of 3/16 bungee chord and stretch it as till it is tight. Make sure you stretch it all the way or the launch will not be pretty. when you let it go make sure you have full up elevator and don't hit the throttle till the plane starts to move. If you hit the throttle before you let the bungee go it will get slack and tear the hook out. In my opinion the bungee is a safer launch method the hand launching. You don't have to worry about a bad toss.
    This is very good info and just what I was looking for!

TY

What is your set-up with the jet once the bunge is stretched and you want to release it? Is it in the ground flat or do you use a ramp like what is on the HET home pg? Or do you have someone hold it?
    Corsair Brother #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is my set up. I would recomend a little more angle than what I have, but this still works well. Some planes will need rails to set the wings on, but the F18 has a flat belly and rails get in the way of the elevons.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig13777.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	992403  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It looks like the farmer is going to be in bad shape on that launch