Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Trim Aircraft Electric Fan

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

New Trim Aircraft Electric Fan

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Aussie1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Trim Aircraft Electric Fan

I noticed this on Tony's new website, and after speaking to him on the phone, he seems very impressed with the performance. I believe that David Hobby was flying a F86 at Temora last week and was hoping that someone got to see it and give an honest opinion. To me, $500 for a 17lb thrust fan and motor seems pretty good value! I think that he is using Hobby City speed controllers and batteries, so suddenly high power EDF starts to look more appealing.

http://trimair.com.au/component/virt...category_id=15
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32068.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1507462  
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Extreme_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Trim Aircraft Electric Fan

I was told its pulling around 148 amps on 12 cells to produce the power, so you do need some decent sized batteries, seems to be performing very well though. We have them available HERE. I have overseas customers about to fit them so will be asking for some feedback soon.

My Extreme ALLOY127mm Dynamax fan will be available in 3-4 weeks, running a 560 gram inrunner tests are showing 90A current draw on 12 cells and 15-16lb thrust. We have 120mm housings available right now with slightly cut down rotors, these are running around 85A sustained and 14-15lb thrust.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:22 PM
rorrock

All indications are that these perform very well.. I will know more when I install one in the F-100 that we are starting to produce locally..
My plans are to have 2 all aussie EDF jets, the F-100 powered by the Ramtec and an F9F powered by a stumax 100/110mm fan..
Retracts/brakes/wheels/tires will be trim as well.

As much as possible I want these to be made up of components made/sourced locally, with the minimal chinese import componets (motor/battery/esc primarily)..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25066.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1507829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36759.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1507830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot49419.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	1507831  
Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Aussie1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Extreme_RC

I was told its pulling around 148 amps on 12 cells to produce the power, so you do need some decent sized batteries, seems to be performing very well though. We have them available HERE. I have overseas customers about to fit them so will be asking for some feedback soon.

My Extreme ALLOY 127mm Dynamax fan will be available in 3-4 weeks, running a 560 gram inrunner tests are showing 90A current draw on 12 cells and 15-16lb thrust. We have 120mm housings available right now with slightly cut down rotors, these are running around 85A sustained and 14-15lb thrust.
Nice website! I have two mid sized turbine jets, but would like to give EDF a go. I was particulerly impressed with your Sabre, as I have the BVM, P60 powered version. Do you glass the foam kits and then sell them?
Rorrock, both of those look very interesting! Will be eagerly awaiting your results with the Trim fan, and maybe it's time an all electric jet event was run somewhere in Australia.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:15 PM
rorrock

Both airframes will come in an EDF and Turbine version...
Being an agent for Jet Central and behotec turbines means i'll be spoilt for choice in what to use to power it..

Rob